It hurt when I discovered one of my best friends was bad-mouthing me behind my back. This incidence broke my heart into many pieces. Then I came across few bad friends quotes and realized my mistake.
40 Fake Friends Quotes To Separate Bad Friends From Real Ones
Till then I had no idea that a bad friend can cheat, lie, steal or even criticize. He/she can use my kindness for their benefit.
Like me, do you also wonder why we are not able to spot such fake people at once? Check out the below bad friends quotes. You will get the idea.
1. “If you choose bad companions, no one will believe that you are anything but bad yourself.” – Aesop
2. “Fire False Friends as early as possible. Do it before they dig out the dream seeds you’ve planted! The earlier, the better; the quicker, the safer!” – Israelmore Ayivor
3. “A bad friend secretly plots your downfall.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
4. “This is what happens. You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you.” – Sophie Kinsella
5. “The sieves of time filter out the fakes from the real. Don’t look back for them they were filtered out for your refinement.” – Wordions
6. “Bad friends hit you in the back; good friends hit you on the face.” – Unknown
7. “Growing up means realizing a lot of your friends aren’t really your friends.” – Unknown
8. “Fake friends: once they stop talking to you, they start talking about you.” – Unknown
9. “Everybody isn’t your friend. Just because they hang around you and laugh with you doesn’t mean you are your friends. People pretend well. At the end of the day, real situations expose fake people, so pay attention.” – Unknown
10. “Fake friends are around when they think you’re cool. True friends are around even when they think you’re fool.” – Unknown
11. “A true friend cares about what’s going on in your life. A fake friend will make their problems sound bigger. Be a true friend.” – Unknown
12. “I travel 250 days a year. There are chef friends who I only see every couple of years. By conventional standards I’m a bad friend. I’m not there to remember your birthday or to offer you words of support through Twitter. I’m not up on what you’re doing in New York because I’m not in New York. I’m not what people call in parenting circles ‘present’.” – Anthony Bourdain
13. “Bad friends could ruin your whole life. Be wise when it comes to choosing your friends. You set the standard. You be the one who stands strong. Don’t be a follower.” – Robin Jones Gunn
14. “Bad friends say good things on your face and bad things behind your back.” – Unknown
15. “But as you age, you lose other, even more important things, like friends-hopefully only bad friends, who maybe weren’t as good for you as you once thought. With luck, you’ll be able to hang on to your true friends, the ones who were always there for you…. even when you thought they weren’t. Because friends like that are more precious than all the tiaras in the world.” – Meg Cabot
16. “Friends. They aren’t any such thing as good friend or bad friend. Maybe there are just friend. People who stand by you when you’re hurt and who helped you feel not so lonely. Maybe there are worth being scared for and hoping for and living for. Maybe worth dying for too. If that what has to be. No bad friends. Only people you want. Need to be with. People who build their houses in your heart.” – Stephen King
17. “A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith: The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance. As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace.” – Muhammad
18. “Bad friends believe in rumors. Good friends believe in you.” – Unknown
19. “Don’t you dare telling me that I was a bad friend, when even in my lowest moments I tried to put you back together even though I was broken into a million pieces.” – Unknown
20. “When you said you have my back, I didn’t realize you meant for a place to store your knife.” – Unknown
21. “False friends leave you in times of trouble.” – Unknown
22. “Fire false friends. They are in to fast-forward your fall and failure.” – Unknown
23. “It’s better to be around strangers than to keep fake friends at least we don’t expect anything from a stranger.” – Unknown
24. “Fake friends will hang around as long as you let them. So, don’t. Cut back on their time and spend it with your real friends.” – Unknown
25. “Why be fake? In the end, the truth comes out and when that happens, you’re standing alone.” – Unknown
26. “Bad friends are like paper cuts. Both are annoyingly painful and make you wish you were more careful.” – Unknown
27. “Fake people are like soap bubbles, they pop out when the sun shines brightly.” – Chiranjude
28. “Fake people talk about other people being fake. Real people worry about their business, and no one else’s.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
29. “Nice words and nice appearance don’t conclude that someone is nice, I believe that the nicer you look, the more deceptive you appear.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
30. “Time passes and you begin to see, people for who they really are and not who they pretend to be.” – Scarlet Koop
31. “Fake friends are like fool’s gold, it can be found everywhere yet it’s worth nothing. Real friends are like gold, they’re very rare and worth a fortune.” – Unknown
32. “Fake friends are like plastic, if you’re finished using it, you can trash it.” – Unknown
33. “STOP spending all of your time and energy on people that don’t care about you and START using your time to better yourself and your own life.” – Unknown
34. “Don’t put your trust in a bad friend nor even trust a good friend, for if he should get angry with you, he may bring all your secrets to light.” – Unknown
35. “It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
36. “An honest enemy is better than a false friend. When in doubt, pay more attention to what people do and less to what they say. Actions not only speak louder than words, they are more difficult to fake.” – Zero Dean
37. “I would rather be successful and have enemies than unsuccessful and have fake friends.” – Unknown
38. “Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you but the fake friend that hugs you.” – Unknown
39. “Bad friends: once they stop talking with you, they start talking about you.” – Unknown
40. “Better a good enemy than a bad friend.” – Unknown
Related: Quotes about Hypocrisy
Bad friends are not good for us. We all try hard to find people of our liking and choice. We probably share everything with them – from clothes, music, and food to secrets and birthday messages.
Sometimes some friends are jealous of our success. They pretend to love and trust us. And while we don’t have a single doubt about them, they might be plotting against us.
Such people can cause great harm. They can wound our hearts and souls. Hence, we should always think twice before letting others in our world. We are better off without bad friends. We hope the above fake friend quotes gave you the idea about how to avoid them.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.