As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
As so well put by Isaac Newton himself, “An object in motion in motion stays in motion, thus creating momentum.” This is also true for human beings as well and without it, we wouldn’t have the ability to do much in life. Like a beacon of light, it pushes us forward to strive for bigger and better things.
Through daily laughter, love, movement, and creation, you emanate your inner positive momentum. Propelling ever forward to that which you seek and grow wiser every step of the way.
To help you get started, we’ve researched and composed these 50 Momentum Quotes to Live By!
1. “Commitment is the ignitor of momentum.” — Peg Wood
2. “While a good leader sustains momentum, a great leader increases it.” — John C. Maxwell
3. “For any movement to gain momentum, it must start with a small action. This action becomes multiplied by the masses and is made tangible when leadership changes course due to the weight of the movement’s voice.” — Adam Braun
4. “Almost any decision is better than no decision — just keep moving.” — Danielle LaPorte
5. “One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.” — Michael Korda
6. “Success requires first expending ten units of effort to produce one unit of results. Your momentum will then produce ten units of results with each unit of effort.” — Charles J. Givens
7. “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” — Conrad Hilton
8. “What keeps me going is goals.” — Muhammad Ali
9. “The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum.” — Frances E. Willard
10. “You don’t close a sale, you open a relationship if you want to build a long-term, successful enterprise.” — Patricia Fripp
11. “The rhythm of daily action aligned with your goals creates the momentum that separates dreamers from super-achievers.’ — Darren Hardy
12. “It is often when night looks darkest, it is often before the fever breaks that one senses the gathering momentum for change when one feels that resurrection of hope in the midst of despair and apathy. — Hillary Clinton
13. “Success comes from taking the initiative and following up…persisting…eloquently expressing the depth of your love. What simple action could you take today to produce a new momentum toward success in your life?” — Tony Robbins
14. “Enthusiasm is the energy and force that builds literal momentum of the human soul and mind.” — Bryant H. McGill
15. “Peace is not a state – it is a choice, and you have to remake it every day. It’s possible to get a sort of stability, a habit of peace, but it’s like an egg balanced, spinning, on its point: lose your momentum, and your equilibrium is gone, too.” — Nick Harkaway
16. “Most of life is routine – dull and grubby, but routine is the momentum that keeps a man going. If you wait for inspiration you’ll be standing on the corner after the parade is a mile down the street.” — Ben Nicholas
17. “Excitement must lead to immediate action or you will lose the power of momentum. More dreams die because we fail to seize the moment. Do it now!” — Tony Robbins
18. “Throughout human history, in any great endeavour requiring the common effort of many nations and men and women everywhere, we have learned – it is only through seriousness of purpose and persistence that we ultimately carry the day. We might liken it to riding a bicycle. You stay upright and move forward so long as you keep up the momentum.” — Ban Ki-moon
19. “Sometimes being pushed to the wall gives you the momentum necessary to get over it!” — Peter de Jager
20. “When you’re that successful, things have a momentum, and at a certain point, you can’t really tell whether you have created the momentum or it’s creating you.” — Annie Lennox
21. “I never felt comfortable with myself, because I was never part of the majority. I always felt awkward and shy and on the outside of the momentum of my friends’ lives.” — Steven Spielberg
22. “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” — Conrad Hall
23. “As the arrow endures the string, and in the gathering momentum becomes more than itself. Because to stay is to be nowhere.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
24. “We have reached an important milestone and achieved a new momentum in reaching a goal all Americans should embrace – building a secure, peaceful, democratic Iraq that is no longer a threat to the United States or the international community.” — Joe Lieberman
25. “Sliding headfirst is the safest way to get to the next base, I think, and the fastest. You don’t lose your momentum, and there’s one more important reason I slide headfirst, it gets my picture in the paper.” — Pete Rose
26. “Success requires first expending 10 units of effort to produce one unit of results. Your momentum will then produce 10 units of results with each unit of effort.” — Charles J. Givens
27. “My capacity for wanting to create has never faltered. If anything, it’s gained momentum.” — Brendon Urie
28. “When you have that window of opportunity called a crisis, move as quickly as you can, get as much done as you can. There’s a momentum for change that’s very compelling.” — Anne M. Mulcahy
29. “We have got to keep the momentum going in order to achieve all of our objectives.” — Bill Vaughan
30. “People with momentum can get so much done. Momentum is easy to lose and almost impossible to fake.” — Shaun King
31. “Always work hard. Intensity clarifies. It creates not only momentum but also the pressure you need to feel either friction or fulfillment.” — Marcus Buckingham
32. “Momentum? Momentum is the next day’s starting pitcher.” — Earl Weaver
33. “Momentum is building for the creation of a shared future, one that is more egalitarian, inclusive, and respectful of the environment – a future that ultimately offers greater possibilities for personal development and control over our individual lives.” — Isabelle Kocher
34. “Enthusiasm is the energy and force that builds literal momentum of the human soul and mind.” — Bryant McGill
35. “If you have the guts to keep making mistakes, your wisdom and intelligence leap forward with huge momentum.” — Holly Near
36. “It’s never too late to get fit; it’s never too late to feel good and confident and change the way you eat and train. Just give it a go and momentum will take you the rest of the way.” — Joe Wicks
37. “Whatever beginning goals you set for yourself, following through on them will build momentum and a sense of achievement and those small successes will point the way to bigger ones.” — Pamela Glass Kelly
38. “Success comes from taking the initiative and following up… persisting … eloquently expressing the depth of your love. What simple action could you take today to produce a new momentum toward success in your life?” — Tony Robbins
39. “When ‘Hide Away’ first started gaining a bit of momentum, I was visiting at least two radio stations per day – sometimes in different cities – to spread the word about the song. It was a hustle, but so worth it.” — Daya
40. “The BIG push means being able to develop and sustain momentum toward your goal; it is the process of actively replacing excuses with winning habits, the ultimate excuses blockers. Moreover, it is being willing to go to the wall for what you want or believe in, to push beyond your previous mental and physical limits, no matter what it takes.” — Lorii Myers
41. “Build confidence and momentum with each good decision you make from here on out and choose to be inspired.” — Joe Rogan
42. “I’m just a consequence of the great musical momentum and the great changes we are going through in the world.” — Shakira
43. “Hope floats but effort propels.” — Rob Liano
44. “I sat down with my trainers to check my past seasons and to see what could be done to keep me motivated and in good shape. I had to find a new motivation, a new momentum.” — Hermann Maier
45. “When the finish line seems too far away, remember how you felt when you were back at the starting line. Regain that motivation to recharge your momentum.” — Toni Sorenson
46. “Without a drummer, you’ve got that sort of running, chicken-chasing, rhythmic thing happening with the banjo in the top end – it’s what gives our music a lot of its momentum, a lot of its energy.” — Ted Dwane
47. “Always work hard. Intensity clarifies. It creates not only momentum, but also the pressure you need to feel either friction, or fulfillment.” — Marcus Buckingham
48. “It’s all about starting momentum, hitting the ground running, and starting out hot.” — Samoa Joe
49. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” — Confucius
50. “I just wanna build momentum again. Keeping yourself in work is one thing, keeping yourself in good work’s another. But if it doesn’t work out, so be it. As the Taoists say, Learn to accept that which you cannot change.” — Ian Hart
When you need some extra motivation to get you through the day, go back, and review these Momentum Quotes. Allowing the positive energy to flow and urge you forward with your life’s journey.
I chose those which connected on a personal level for me.
Hope these quotes inspire you too -may you forever reach for the stars and strive to fulfill your dreams!