As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Taking a flight often involves moments of confusion, woes frustrations, and anxiety, but it is part of an exciting journey also with a new destination and a lot of excitement. Honestly, traveling by flight can be scary.
But, nine times out of ten, the flying is more beautiful and enjoyable than any of the moment gone wrong. A flight is the beginning of your beautiful journey. Gazing out of the airplane window during take-off instills high hope in you as well as your dreams. Moreover flying is the quickest way to reach your vacations or rather destinations.
You are only hours from landing at your destination and fulfill your dreams and with the chance to cruise amongst the clouds. Even if flying is not the favorite thing that you would wish for, it is worth a trial since when you are finally flying high you witness a stunning sunrise and sunset. A flight is also the perfect time to daydream, relax, unwind, reflect, and entertain yourself.
Therefore, this article gives you a collection of flying quotes that will bring your wanderlust to amazing new heights and even make your fans super envious that you are en route to the next adventure.
Quotes About Flying
1. “Rosa Parks sat so Martin Luther King could walk. Martin Luther King walked so Obama could run. Obama’s running so we all can fly.”– Jay-Z.
2. “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.”– George Eliot.
3. “Much talking is the cause of danger. Silence is the means of avoiding misfortune. The talkative parrot is shut up in a cage. Other birds, without speech, fly freely about.”– Saskya Pandita.
4. “Social media websites are no longer performing an envisaged function of creating a positive communication link among friends, family, and professionals. It is a veritable battleground, where insults fly from the human quiver, damaging lives, destroying self-esteem and a person’s sense of self-worth.”– Antony Carmona.
5. “Okay, so, flying,” I started, taking a deep breath and focusing on the thing I loved most in the world. “Flying is … great. It feels great when you’re doing it. It’s fun. Pure freedom. There’s nothing better.”
Dylan smiled, a slow, easy smile that seemed to light up his whole face. “So the first thing we’re going to do,” I told him, “is push you off the roof.”– James Patterson.
6. “There is a trick to flying. The angels told me.” He had smiled at my wide-eyed awe. “You need to forget everything you know as a human being. When you are human, you discover that there is great power in hating the earth. And it can almost make you fly. But it never will.” I had frowned, not quite understanding him. “So, what’s the trick?” “Love the sky.”– Ann Fortier, Juliet.
7. “I know everyone has dreams of flying, but this isn’t a dream of flying. It’s a dream of floating, and the ocean is not water but wind. I call it a dream, but it feels realer than my life.”– Maria Dahvana Headley.
8. “I was annoyed from the start by the attitude of doubt by the spectators that I would never really make the flight. This attitude made me more determined than ever to succeed.”– Harriet Quimby.
9. “It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill.”– Wilbur Wright.
10.” More than anything else, the sensation of flying is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost. If you can conceive of such a combination.”– Wilbur Wright.
11. “Flying might not be all smooth sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price.”– Amelia Earhart.
12. “You begin to fly when you let go of self-limiting beliefs and allow your mind and aspirations to rise to greater heights.”– Brian Tracy.
13. “It is really wonderful how much resilience there is in human nature. Let any obstructing cause, no matter what, be removed in any way, even by death, and we fly back to first principles of hope and enjoyment.”– Bram Stoker, Dracula.
14. “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.”– Langston Hughes.
15. “Flying is a lot like playing a musical instrument; you’re doing so many things and thinking of so many other things, all at the same time. It becomes a spiritual experience. Something wonderful happens in the pit of your stomach.”– Dusty McTavish.
16. “I learned the discipline of flying in order to have the freedom of flight….Discipline prevents crashes.”– Captain John Cook.
17. “That’s the thing about flying: You could talk to someone for hours and never even know his name, share your deepest secrets, and then never see them again.”– Jennifer E Smith.
18. “The odds against there being a bomb on a plane are a million to one, and against two bombs a million times a million to one. Next time you fly, cut the odds and take a bomb.”– Benny Hill.
19. “Little Night’ has layers of meaning. There’s something enchanted about night. All those heavenly bodies, shooting stars, the crescent moon, celestial phenomenon. Owls fly at night, and first kisses happen. Night is romantic. Alternately, darkness hides the worst of human behavior.”– Luanne Rice.
20. “Entering a cell, penetrating deep as a flying saucer to find a new galaxy would be an honorable task for a new scientist interested more in the inner state of the soul than in outer space.”– Dejan Stojanovic.
21. “Some might claim that like the secret of flying is missing the ground, the secret to immortality is simply not dying.”– Christina Engela.
22. “Driving a motorcycle is like flying. All your senses are alive. Being House is like flying, too. He’s free of the gravity of what people think.”– Hugh Laurie.
23. “Being alone in an aeroplane for even so short a time as a night and a day, irrevocably alone, with nothing to observe but your instruments and your own hands in semi-darkness, nothing to contemplate but the size of your small courage, nothing to wonder about but the beliefs, the faces, and the hopes rooted in your mind – such an experience can be as startling as the first awareness of a stranger walking by your side at night. You are the stranger.”– Beryl Markham.
24. “Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you’ll see the way to fly.”– Richard Bach.
25. “As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, when they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky. So up to the house-top the coursers they flew, with the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.”– Clement Clarke Moore.
26. “It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.”– C. S. Lewis.
27. “Faith without works is like a bird without wings; though she may hop with her companions on earth, yet she will never fly with them to heaven.”– Francis Beaumont.
28. “I think it is a pity to lose the romantic side of flying and simply to accept it as a common means of transport.”– Amy Johnson.
29. “A pilot who says he has never been frightened in an airplane is, I’m afraid, lying.”– Louise Thaden.
30. “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.”– Leonardo Da Vinci.
31. “Flying can be easy at times, but with the wrong machine or the wrong person at the controls, it is the most difficult thing in the world.”– Paul Gallagher.
32. “[Flying] fosters fantasies of childhood, of omnipotence, rapid shifts of being, miraculous moments; it stirs our capacity for dreaming.”– Joyce Carol.
33. “We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.”– Charles Lindbergh.
34. “The focus and the concentration and the attention to detail that flying takes is a kind of meditation. I find it restful and engaging, and other things slip away.”– Harrison Ford.
35. “One thing about flying that he never got used to was that no matter how awful the weather was on the ground, if you flew high enough you could always find the sun.”– Tom Clancy.
36. “I’m not afraid of flying; I just fear I’m going to die. I think I’m – vulnerable. I admit it. I don’t fly. I got claustrophobia. I don’t go in high buildings. I don’t do those things. I’m just myself, whatever that is.”– John Madden.
37. “No one should negotiate their dreams. Dreams must be free to fly high. No government, no legislature, has a right to limit your dreams. You should never agree to surrender your dreams.”– Jesse Jackson.
38. “I have never felt more confident in myself, more clear on who I am as a woman. But I am constantly thinking about my own health and making sure that I’m eating right and getting exercise and watching the aches and pains. I want to be this really fly 80-90-year old.”– Michelle Obama.
39. “Michael outstretched his great big wings, which covered the surrounding area with a plethora of feathers. Then with a single swoop he leapt masterfully into the sky. Soon he was above the buildings, crossing the city as if he were a part of the wind itself.”– J.S. Milik.
40. “Before flying high, first, look towards your flaws and clean up, so that your validity is not in the doubts, because, then you are visible to everyone.”–Ehsan Sehgal.
41. “He is self-conscious because everyone knows he has wings but they’ve never seen him fly. Now & then there will be a feather in odd places or maybe a footprint to show he was there. All in all, he thinks it’s nobody else’s business what he does with his free time.”– Brian Andreas.
42. “Those who gave away their wings are sad not to see them fly.”– Antonio Porchia.
Flying gives you memories that are hard to fade and you will pass the story and experience to your grandchildren. Traveling by air guarantees you that you are only a few hours from your favorite vacation or destination. Your hopes and dreams of cruising through the clouds are also achieved not forgetting that after taking this flight, you have conquered your fears and emotions.
Reading through the above quotes about flying will help you remember the excitement of traveling. If you are taking a journey with a loved one be sure to share some of these quotes with them while you are on your journey.