As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Bad days are undoubtedly the worst. If you are browsing for bad day quotes, there is no need to feel bad. In this article, I shall be taking you through some of the bad day quotes that will motivate and inspire you to have positive thoughts.
First and foremost, you need to note that no one is immune to bad days. This means that everybody has to encounter a bad day. Today it might be your bad day, but tomorrow might end up being your best day. Therefore, you should never give up and try to maintain positive thoughts. With that said, let’s go through some of the best bad day quotes that will help you smile once again.
Top 40 Bad day quotes
1. “You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don’t help.” Bill Watterson
2. “I haven’t had a very good day. I think I might still be hung over and everyone’s dead and my root beer’s gone.” Holly Black
3. “Some days are just bad days, that are all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is.” Dita Von Teese
4. “Many bad days were preceded by a bad night’s sleep.” Mokokoma Mokhonoana.
5. “You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one; each day brings a miracle of its own. It’s just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.” Paulo Coelho
6. “Next to the day when I was almost shot by that arrow, the worst day of my life was when I was almost eaten.” Jennifer Frick-Ruppert
7. “I’ve had the sort of day that would make St. Francis of Assisi kick babies.” Douglas Adams
8. “If you want to be happy, stop thinking about revenge. When you stop focusing on other people’s unhappiness, you have more time to focus on your happiness.” Karen Salmansohn
9. “Never give up on someone who is having a bad day. Tomorrow could be yours.” Giovannie de Sadeleer
10. “Dr. Webb says that life is so full of complications and confusion that humans often find it hard to cope. This leads to people throwing themselves in front of trains and spending all their money and not speaking to their relatives and never going home for Christmas and never eating anything with chocolate in it. Life, he says, doesn’t have to be so bad all the time. We don’t have to be so anxious about everything. We can just be. We can get up, anticipate that the day will probably have a few good moments and a few bad ones, and then just deal with it. Take it all in and deal as best as we can.” John Corey Whaley
11. “Just because life can get crazy doesn’t mean you must go crazy. You can experience outer chaos and still experience inner peace. Nothing even needs to change outside you. This calm is available at all times. Just breathe.” Unknown.
12. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” Dale Carnegie
13. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” Martha Washington
14. “Outside the windows the day was bright: golden sunshine, blue sky, pleasant wind . . . I wanted to punch the happy day in the face, grab it by the hair, and beat it until it told me what the hell it was so happy about.” Ilona Andrews
15. “There’s always a way through every challenge. You need a heart full of commitment. A lens focused on positivity. And a willingness to travel unexplored paths. Faith forward. You’ll get there.” Karen Salmansohn
16. “All heroes probably had doubts sometimes, she told herself. If she ever met Maximal Star, she would mention that he ought to write about the parts in between the daring rescues. The parts where you feel like a big time faker and failure.” Cassie Beasley
17. “Be happy not because everything is good, but because you can see the good side of everything. Unknown
18. “Today is a hard day.” Sometimes, there are hard days. Days stretched so tight with pain that they seem as if they can allow no room for hope. Libba Bray
19. “Maybe it’s not about having a beautiful day, but about finding beautiful moments. Maybe a whole day is just too much to ask? I could choose to believe that in every day, in all things, no matter how dark and ugly, there are shards of beauty if I look for them.” Anna White
20. “But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything. One lives only to make blunders.” Charles Darwin
21. “Trust the wait. Embrace the uncertainty. Enjoy the beauty of becoming. When nothing is certain, anything is possible.” Mandy Hale
22. “One man’s bad day is another man’s good night.” Mokokoma Mokhonoana
23. “When you adopt a dog, you have a lot of very good days and one very bad day.” W. Bruce Cameron
24. “When nothing goes my way, when all attempts fail, when the darkest clouds in the sky seem bent on hovering over me while everyone with whom I come into contact flashes a nasty scowl, I find some comfort in the thought of a fresh tomorrow. I am thankful for the opportunity to try again.” Richelle E. Goodrich
25. “Emotions run high when you have a bad day; you can’t hide it.” Toto Wolff
26. “In the sentence of life, the devil may be a comma – but never let him be the period, because it may just be a bad day, not a bad life!” Usman Aman
27. “When we believe the best of people, we let go of each thing they do that is hurtful to us. And we choose to think things like, ‘I don’t believe they meant to hurt me.’ ‘Maybe they’re having a bad day or don’t feel well.’ ‘They probably don’t even realize how they sound.” Joyce Meyer
28. “Keep calm when things don’t go according to your expectations! Beautiful things always meet friction!” Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
29. “Malcolm turned round quite slowly. He had had a bad day, but not so bad that he could face talking badgers – talking dead badgers – with equanimity.” Tom Holt
30. “No one really has a bad life. Not even a bad day. Just bad moments.” Regina Brett
31. “When you’re having what you feel like is a “bad day” and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” Miya Yamanouchi
32. “For me, I think one of the biggest battles is mentally. You have good days, and you have bad days. Randomly, you’ll feel good for weeks, and then all of a sudden, you’ll have a bad day where you’re really sore. And you end up questioning yourself, like, ‘Am I doing the right thing? Why is this so hard?” Jimmy Graham
33. “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” Epicurus
34. “My toes are a total wreck, my fingernails worse, and god knows my hair could use a registered nurse.” Jack Bunbury
35. “Hang in there. It is astonishing how short a time it can take for very wonderful things to happen.” Unknown.
36. “These worst mornings with cold floors and hot windows and merciless light – the soul’s certainty that the day will have to be not traversed but sort of climbed, vertically, and then that going to sleep again at the end of it will be like falling, again, off something tall and sheer.” David Foster Wallace.
37. “I really like battle ropes. They’re so versatile; you can get a terrific workout doing a ton of different exercises with them. My clients like them because they’re a good way to get aggression out, too. Had a bad day? Take it out on the ropes!” Gunnar Peterson.
38. We all have bad days, but one thing is true; no cloud is so dark that the sun can’t shine through. Miranda Kerr.
39. “Life is short. Stop worrying so much. Have fun. Be grateful. Don’t allow others to bring you down. Life is a lone time offer. Live to your fullest.” Karen Salmansohn.
40. “When you’re having what you feel like is a “bad day” and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” Miya Yamanouchi.
Video: How to Stay Positive on a Bad Day
In this excellent video, Robin Sharma gives you some tips on how to stay positive if you’re having a bad day. Watch it and you will learn a few things you can apply to improve your day!
Hopefully, the above quotes bring you good thoughts as well as happiness during your bad day. You might also consider sharing these quotes with your friend and family who are experiencing bad days. I wish you all the best.