Priorities are things that are very important to you and you must deal with them before other things if you want to stay focused and achieve your goals. Having priorities in life enables you to focus on your goals and prioritize the things that are important versus not as important. Do you try to finish your tasks every day because you think or rather feel that everything on your to-do list is very vital? Are you limited by time in completing all these tasks? If this is true, then you have not developed a clear list of your priorities in life.
In today’s society, it is very easy to lose sight of your priorities due to numerous uncertainties knocking around each corner. This can lead to anxiety and depression. Always remember that your goal is a target that you wish to meet in the future. Therefore, you need to establish your priorities carefully and focus to meet them. when you have clearly defined priorities, you stand a higher chance of implementing the changes and making decisions that are in line with your goals.
Below is a collection of quotes about priorities from celebrities that will inspire and motivate you to stay strong and aim at achieving your goals.
1.”The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.”– Brandon Sanderson
2. “Respect was one thing. Survival was another. It was important that I kept my priorities in the right order.”– Tahir Shah
3. “The problem isn’t that safety is bad—the problem is that we prioritize it in a way that the fear monopolizes our minds and keeps us from considering other values and goals.”– Ben Crawford
4. “Wise are those who learn that the bottom line doesn’t always have to be their top priority.”– William Arthur Ward
5. “There is no one busy in this world, it’s always about priorities. You will always find time for the things you feel important.”– Nishar Panwar
6. “Indeed, this life is a test. It is a test of many things – of our convictions and priorities, our faith and faithfulness, our patience and our resilience, and in the end, our ultimate desires.”– Sheri L. Dew
7. “Times of transition are strenuous, but I love them. They are an opportunity to purge, rethink, priorities, and be intentional about new habits. We can make our new normal any way we want.”– Kristin Armstrong
8. “I’m starting to judge success by the time I have for myself, the time I spend with family and friends. My priorities aren’t amending – they’re shifting.”– Brendan Fraser
9. “The greatest reflection of your priorities is your time. Whatever you say about what matters to you, the true test is where you place your time.”– Nick Crocker
10. “I learned that we can do anything, but we can’t do everything, at least not at the same time. So think of your priorities, not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything.”– Dan Millman
11. “The problem with the world is that people are busy searching for keys but don’t know the locks that they would open”– Abhaidev
12. “Let us reflect on what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that.”– Dalai Lama
13. “We live in a changing world, but we need to be reminded that the important things have not changed, and the important things will not change if we keep our priorities in proper order.”– S. Truett Cathy
14. “Indeed, this life is a test. It is a test of many things – of our convictions and priorities, our faith and our faithfulness, our patience and our resilience, and in the end, our ultimate desires.”– Sheri L. Dew
15. “You can have anything you want, but not everything. If it was really important to spend an afternoon at my daughter’s school, I had to think, how was I going to organize my life to do that? How could I become more efficient? I always tried to put my priorities on the table, personal and professional, and work around them.”– Laura Lang
16. “Create a ladder of values and priorities in your life, reminding yourself of what really matters to you.”– Robert Greene
17. “We are living in a world that has been changed by COVID, and our legislative priorities need to support our communities and our workers to address the needs of our new environment.”– Jeff Van Drew
18. “College is something I’ve always said I wanted to do, but you’re going there to get a piece of paper that says you can get a job, but if I’m already working steadily and doing good work, it makes you question your priorities. Right now, I’m in my own film college: filming a TV show.”– Gaten Matarazzo
19. “What seems so necessary today may not even be desirable tomorrow.”– Martin Luther King Jr.
20. “Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.”– Stephen Covey
21. “Sometimes things in life happen that allow us to understand our priorities very clearly. Ultimately you can see those as gifts.”– Mariska Hargitay
22. “Your ability to select your most important task at each moment, and then to get started on that task and to get it done both quickly and well, will probably have more of an impact on your success than any other quality or skill you can develop.”– Brain Tracy
23. “Let us reflect on what is truly of value in life, what gives meaning to our lives, and set our priorities on the basis of that.”– Dalai Lama
24. “Know what matters most to you and be unwilling to compromise those priorities at almost any price.”– Frank Sonnenberg
25. “I have a personal philosophy in life: If somebody else can do something that I’m doing, they should do it. And what I want to do is find things that would represent a unique contribution to the world – the contribution that only I, and my portfolio of talents, can make happen. Those are my priorities in life.”– Neil deGrasse Tyson
26. “Times of transition are strenuous, but I love them. They are an opportunity to purge, rethink priorities, and be intentional about new habits. We can make our new normal any way we want.”– Kristin Armstrong
27. “Without ethics, man has no future. This is to say, mankind without them cannot be itself. Ethics determine choices and actions and suggest difficult priorities.”– John Berger
28. “Challenges, when you’re in a tumultuous situation, are an opportunity to grow, an opportunity to get closer to God, an opportunity to find and kind of reform yourself, and to figure out what really matters and what your priorities are.”– Essence Atkins
29. “Taking care of our veterans is one of my top priorities, and I am especially concerned on behalf of our women veterans.”– Lucy McBath
30. “To succeed today, you have to set priorities, decide what you stand for.”– Lee lacocca
31. “I want to improve TSA’s counterterrorism focus through intelligence and cutting edge technology, support the TSA workforce, and strengthen the agency’s relationships with stakeholders and the traveling public. All of these priorities are interconnected and are vital to TSA’s mission – and I would say, all of our collective mission.”– John Pistole
32. “The bottom line is, when people are crystal clear about the most important priorities of the organization and team they work with and prioritized their work around those top priorities, not only are they many times more productive, they discover they have the time they need to have a whole life.”– Stephen Covey
33. “When you walk away from a really wonderful job like that, you start messing with everyone’s priorities. It’s like you’re dissing them.”– Sherry Stringfield
34. “We need to prioritize those expenditures of the federal government in A, B and C priorities… And I believe that on the C priority list are things like the Departments of Education and Energy, and those are the places where we should begin those defunding.”– Sharron Angle
35. “The space industry is developing and delivering benefits that tie into our immediate needs and priorities here on Earth-for example, medical and materials research, and satellite communications.”– Marc Garneau
36. “Instead of saying “I don’t have time” try saying “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels.”– Laura Vanderkam
37. “A simple life is not seeing how little we can get by with – that’s poverty – but how efficiently we can put first things first. When you’re clear about your purpose and your priorities, you can painlessly discard whatever does not support these, whether it’s clutter in your cabinets or commitments on your calendar.”– Victoria Moran
38. “Action expresses priorities.”– Mahatma Gandhi
39. “One-half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it.”– Sidney Howard
40. “If you continually ask yourself, ‘What’s important now’ then you won’t waste time on the trivial.”– Lou Holtz
41. “Work-life freedom doesn’t come easy; it requires the individual to develop a disciplined commitment to the type of person they are becoming, over all other priorities in their lives.”– Richie Norton
42. “Productivity is all about doing the right things and doing them well. It’s about moving forward in the direction that’s right for you.”– Mellissa Steginus
43. “The day that I realized they were the same thing; the problems I hated dealing with and the opportunities I needed so desperately to uncover. Leading people to success became realistic for me. Problems are opportunities SHOUTING at you!”– T Jay Taylor
44. “Value your values by demonstrating your values.”– Richie Norton
45. “Life is not about how much you acquire it is about how much you are prepared to give away.”– R.Patient
Video: How to Prioritize Tasks Effective and Get Things Done
If you want a quick way to prioritize things and get more done, watch this video!
It is quite helpful and gives you a quick overview of the 4 column Eisenhower matrix. You will learn how to apply it to prioritize your tasks effectively starting today.
To wrap it up, for you to succeed in this life, with the high level of competition and responsibilities, you must set your priorities so you stay on track for your goals. If you don’t have goals, you won’t be able to achieve the outcomes you want, right?
We hope these quotes will help you focus with your direction and mental focus. If you set clear priorities and goals for yourself, you will have a happier and more successful life!
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.