Accomplishment is defined as: something that has been achieved successfully, the successful achievement of a task, or an activity that a person can do well, typically due to study or practice.
People accomplish many things in their lifetime because of hard work, persistence, and patience. Everyone likes to receive praise or be acknowledged for their accomplishments. Depending on what your accomplishment is; you may receive a diploma, a certificate, a medal, or general recognition at a special dinner.
No matter what your accomplishment is, I am proud of you and I am providing you with this list of quotes to make you feel great about all that you have done in your life.
1. “A great accomplishment shouldn’t be the end of the road, just the starting point for the next leap forward.” – Harvey Mackay
2. “You have to remember that the hard days are what make you stronger. The bad days make you realize what a good day is. If you never had any bad days, you would never have that sense of accomplishment.” – Aly Raisman
3. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo
4. “You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the seeds of greatness.” – Zig Ziglar
5. “Well-being cannot exist just in your own head. Well-being is a combination of feeling good as well as actually having meaning, good relationships, and accomplishment.” – Martin Seligman
6. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – John Rohn
7. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Elenor Smith
8. “Life is filled with tragedy, with long patches of struggle and with, I think, beautiful bursts of joy and accomplishment. Blessed with those moments, you just need to relax as much as possible and focus on the little things, like the joy of changing your baby’s diaper.” – David Destmalchian
9. “Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment.” – Thomas Carlyle
10. “Hard work, years of sacrifice, and dedication are necessary to succeed in the real world. Snowden’s most notable accomplishment was lying about his military service, his experience, and education to procure a job with the NSA in the first place.” – Pete Hoekstra
11. “Accelerate what you’re out to accomplish. Address what matters most to you in your life.” – Benjamin Bonettti
12. “Failure is constructive feedback that tells you to try a different approach to accomplish what you want.” – Idowu Koyenikan
13. “You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true. You may have to work for it, however.” – Richard Bach
14. “To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act.” – Anatole France
15. “It doesn’t matter how great your shoes are if you don’t accomplish anything in them.” – Martina Boone
16. “By loving them for more than their abilities we show our children that they are much more than the sum of their accomplishments.” – Eileen Kennedy-Moore
17. “Do the best you can in every task, no matter how unimportant it may seem at the time. No one learns more about a problem than the person at the bottom.” – Sandra Day O’Connor
18. “Your value lies not in status or title, but in the roots of your character and depth of your compassion.” – Mollie Marti
19. “There’s sometimes a tugging feeling you get to push further when you aren’t being challenged enough or when things get too comfortable.” – Criss Jami
20. “No matter how short or long your journey to your accomplishment is, if you don’t begin you can’t get there. The beginning is difficult but unavoidable!” – Israelmore Ayivor
21. “It starts off like climbing a tree or solving a puzzle – poetry, if nothing else, is just fun to write. But deeper into each and every piece, you no longer hesitate to call it work. It’s passion. A poet’s sense of lyrical accomplishment is then his food and water, his means of survival.” – Criss Jami
22. “Smile. Give Earth the biggest smile you’ve got. See every glimmer of light in the scariest, darkest sky. And when people think you’re crazy, then you know you’ve accomplished something very few dare to try.” – Lana M.H. Wilder
23. “Meditations, ritual, and spellwork all build trust within. They allow a person to accomplish more for their benefit and the benefit of others.” – Jessica Marie Baumgartner
24. “As you get older, your self will diminish and you will grow in love. YOU will gradually be replaced by LOVE. If you have kids, that will be a huge moment in your process of self-diminishment. You really won’t care what happens to YOU, as long as they benefit. That’s one reason your parents are so proud and happy today. One of their fondest dreams has come true: You have accomplished something difficult and tangible that has enlarged you as a person and will make your life better, from here on in, forever.” – George Saunders
25. “Without mountains, we might find ourselves relieved that we can avoid the pain of the ascent, but we will forever miss the thrill of the summit. And in such a terribly scandalous trade-off, it is the absence of pain that becomes the thief of life.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
26. “She asks to see my diploma, holds it in her hands and smiles, reads it out loud before handing it back to me, and I hold it tightly on my lap, this piece of paper, the proof they won’t find me dead on a couch on my thirty-eighth birthday or in some basement bathtub with my eyes wide and lifeless or alone in the bed I slept in as a child with a Baggie of white powder under my mattress.” – Kenny Porpora
27. “Tenacity is essential for accomplishment in anything you do. Without drive, determination and a strong-willed attitude, one’s level of success at many endeavors will be limited in scope.” – Gabriella Marigold Lindsay
28. “I wish I could ask the future whether I should give up or keep trying. Then again, what if trying, even in the face of certain failure, feels as good as accomplishing? What if it’s even better? And here we are again.” – Sarah Manguso
29. “Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.” – Thomas A. Edison
30. “Men who believe that they are accomplishing something by speaking speak in a different way from men who believe that speaking is a waste of time. Bobby Shaftoe learned most of his practical knowledge – how to fix a car, butcher a deer, throw a spiral, talk to a lady, kill a Nip – from the latter type of man. For them, trying to do anything by talking is like trying to pound in a nail with a screwdriver. Sometimes you can see the desperation spread over such a man’s face as he listens to himself speak.” – Neal Stephenson
31. “As you walk your various paths, walk with faith. Speak affirmatively and cultivate an attitude of confidence. You have the capacity to do so. Your strength will give strength to others. Do not partake of the spirit so rife in our times. Rather look for good and build upon it. There is so much of the strong and the decent and the beautiful to build upon. You are partakers of the gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel means “good news.” The message of the Lord is one of hope and salvation. The voice of the Lord is a voice of glad tidings. The work of the Lord is a work of glorious accomplishment.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
32. “Quiet the chattering mind promotes directed action. We can’t know which interactions will deepen into richer relationships, yet we can keep the faith that our mutuality mindset affirms them. Mutuality most demonstrates our humanity and, in the end, that may be what most matters in our lives.” – Kare Anderson
33. “An individual who has in his mind that he can accomplish a certain task is far more likely to succeed than the individual that has it in his mind that he will fail.” – Daniel Willey
34. “Never be afraid to offer a smile; sure the risk is that a few foolish people may misinterpret your kindness as weakness, but the sweet reward of their error will be that at least they cannot blame you because you did show your teeth.” – Johnnie Dent Jr.
35. “One positive thought is something you can accomplish.” – Bryant McGill
If you want to accomplish things, be sure to check out our self discipline quotes.
To truly achieve your accomplishments, you need to focus on your priorities.
I hope you find some inspiration in the quotes above.
Accomplishment is huge and should be noticed and celebrated whenever possible.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.