As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
If you are into fictional characters, then Cheshire Cat in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is one you must love. This character is famed for the ability to disappear and reappear willingly as well as having a broad grin. Both the cartoon based books and films show that this cat boasts an uncanny ability to share wise quotes which even in real-life are very useful.
Do you find this hard to believe? If so, here is a detailed article on the famous quotes by Chesire Cat you should look to incorporate in your day-to-day life. Subsequently, you will be able to lead a better and more aspiring life thanks to some of these insightful quotes.
Cheshire Cat Quotes
Here are some of the quotes made by the Cheshire Cat you need to know.
1. When the day becomes the night, and the sky becomes the sea when the clock strikes heavy, and there’s no time for tea, and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.
2. Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,” thought Alice; “but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!
3. This way? That way? Does it matter? Left, right, up, down! All mixed up thanks to the shadows! Step deeper into the forest to the deserted garden. You might find shadows in the upside-down room!
4. You haven’t? You haven’t?! Oh, but you must! She’ll be mad about you. Simply mad. [chuckles, then rolls over and almost disappears] The mome raths outgrabe…
5. The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. “Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?” he asked.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
6. Somehow, you strayed and lost your way, and now there’ll be no time to play, no time for joy, no time for friends – not even time to make amends.
7. I’m a stranger. You’re stranger. Together, we are… strangers.
8. When you’ve understood this scripture, throw it away. If you can’t understand this scripture, throw it away. I insist on your freedom.
9. How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You’re lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few.
10. Have I gone mad?’ ‘I am afraid so, you are entirely bonkers. but I will tell you a secret… all the best people are.
11. If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.
12. All this talk of blood and slaying has put me off my tea.
13. Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?” The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?” “I don’t know,” Alice answered. “Then,” said the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?
14. In that direction,” the Cat said, waving its right paw round, “lives a Hatter: and in that direction,” waving the other paw, “lives a March Hare. Visit either you like: they’re both mad.
15. Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.
16. ‘’Then you should say what you mean,” the March Hare went on. “I do,” Alice hastily replied; “at least — at least I mean what I say — that’s the same thing, you know.” “Not the same thing a bit!” said the Hatter. “You might just as well say that “I see what I eat” is the same thing as “I eat what I see!’’
17. “Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.” “How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice. “You must be,” said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here.”
18. Those who say there’s nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It’s like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
19. I’ve never trusted toadstools, but I suppose some must have their good points.
20. Meta-Essence is the life-force of Wonderland. That of your enemies is eI knew who I was this morning, but I have changed a few times since then. Especially potent. Collect what you can. Use it wisely.
21. You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
22. Haste makes waste, so I rarely hurry. But if a ferret were about to dart up my dress, I’d run.
23. Well, some go this way, and some go that way. But as for me, myself, personally, I prefer the short-cut.
24. I’m not crazy, my reality is just different than yours`.
25. “The Duchess! The Duchess! Oh my dear paws! Oh my fur and whiskers! She’ll get me executed, as sure as ferrets are ferrets!”
26. Is our situation not dismal? Wonderland is so discombobulated that lady bugs have turned belligerent and enlisted in the queen’s army! Punish their conversion!
27. Here’s a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club? I’ll tell you: Whenever you want it to be!
28. If you don’t know where you are going any road can take you there.
29. “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?”
“That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,” said the Cat.
“I don’t much care where—” said Alice.
“Then it doesn’t matter which way you go,” said the Cat.
“—so long as I get somewhere,” Alice added as an explanation.
“Oh, you’re sure to do that,” said the Cat, “if you only walk long enough.”
30. The uninformed must improve their deficit, or die.
31. You used to be much more…muchier. You’ve lost your muchness.
32. A secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.
33. Every picture tells a story. Sometimes we don’t like the ending. Sometimes we don’t understand it.
34. “If you didn’t sign it,” said the King, “that only makes the matter worse. You must have meant some mischief, or else you’d have signed your name like an honest man.”
35. “Curiouser and curiouser!”
36. It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
37. Off with her head!
Based on the above information, you are now familiar with Cheshire cat quotes. Moreover, these quotes act as an inspiration in your life to boost your moods and change your perspective about life. Therefore, you must create some meaningful time to go through Cheshire cat quotes, stay motivated. I hope that this article will be helpful and learn how to incorporate these quotes to better your life.
Cheshire Cat Video
This is the infamous clip of when Alice encounters the Cheshire Cat. It’s a short and memorable clip. Everyone that has seen Alice in Wonderland remembers this clip. It always brings a smile to my face and I think it will make you smile too!
Image Credit: John Tenniel / Public domain