Hillary Clinton was born in Chicago on October 26, 1947. She earned her law degree from the prestigious Yale University where she met and later married Bill Clinton in 1975. Bill went on to become the 42nd president of the U.S. from 1993 to 2001. Hillary served as First Lady during those years. Hillary ran for a senate seat after the Clinton’s left the White House and she served as U.S Senator for New York from 2001 to 2009. She ran for President in 2008 but was beat out by Barrack Obama, who was president from 2008 to 2016. President Obama appointed Clinton as Secretary of State and she served from 2009 until 2013 in that role.
Hillary has long been an inspiration to girls and women everywhere for her vast accomplishments and breaking down barriers as a strong female leader.
We have pulled together her most inspiring sayings.
The Most Inspiring Hillary Clinton Quotes
1. “I really do hope that we have a woman president in my lifetime.” Hillary Clinton
2. “To every little girl who dreams big: Yes, you can be anything you want—even president.” Hillary Clinton
3. “You know, everybody has setbacks in their life, and everybody falls short of whatever goals they might set for themselves. That’s part of living and coming to terms with who you are as a person.” Hillary Clinton
4. “There cannot be true democracy unless women’s voices are heard. There cannot be true democracy unless women are given The opportunity to take responsibility for their own lives. There cannot be true democracy unless all citizens are able to participate fully in The lives of their country.” Hillary Clinton
5. “It is past time for women to take their rightful place, side by side with men, in The rooms where The fates of peoples, where their children’s and grandchildren’s fates, are decided.” Hillary Clinton
6. “Do all The good you can, for all The people you can, in all The ways you can, as long as you can.” Hillary Clinton
7. “I have a million ideas. The country can’t afford them all.” Hillary Clinton
8. “Take criticism seriously, but nor personally. If there is truth or merit in The criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” Hillary Clinton
9. “Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights.” Hillary Clinton
10. “I have always believed that women are not victims. We are agents of change, we are drivers of progress, we are makers of peace—all we need is a fighting chance.” Hillary Clinton
11. “Well, if fighting for women’s health care and paid family leave and equal pay is playing The women’s card, then deal me in.”Hillary Clinton
12. “Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in.” Hillary Clinton
13. “Don’t confuse having a career with having a life.” Hillary Clinton
14. “Vote like democracy depends on it.” Hillary Clinton
15. “Democracy is a habit. It must be practiced again and again.” Hillary Clinton
16. “Tonight’s victory is not about one person. It belongs to generations of women and men who struggled and sacrificed and made this moment possible.” Hillary Clinton
17. “People can judge me for what I’ve done. And I think when somebody’s out in The public eye, that’s what they do. So I’m fully comfortable with who I am, what I stand for, and what I’ve always stood for.” Hillary Clinton
18. “If I want to knock a story off The front page, I just change my hairstyle.” Hillary Clinton
19. “I have gone from a Barry Goldwater Republican to a New Democrat, but I think my underlying values have remained pretty constant; individual responsibility and community. I do not see those as being mutually inconsistent.” Hillary Clinton
20. “The challenge now is to practice politics as The art of making what appears to be impossible, possible.” Hillary Clinton
21. “In The Bible, it says they asked Jesus how many times you should forgive, and he said 70 times 7. Well, I want you all to know that I’m keeping a chart.” Hillary Clinton
22. “The failure was principally political and policy driven, there were many interests that weren’t at all happy about losing their financial stake in a way that The system currently operates, but I think I became a lightning rod for some of that criticism. [about her role, as First Lady, in attempting to win reforms in health care coverage]” Hillary Clinton
23. “The challenges of change are always hard. It is important that we begin to unpack those challenges that confront this nation and realize that we each have a role that requires us to change and become more responsible for shaping our own future.” Hillary Clinton
24. ” I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life.” Hillary Clinton
25. “I’m not some Tammy Wynette standing by my man.” Hillary Clinton
26. “You cannot have maternal health without reproductive health. And reproductive health includes contraception and family planning and access to legal, safe abortion.” Hillary Clinton
27. “Eleanor Roosevelt understood that every one of us every day has choices to make about The kind of person we are and what we wish to become. You can decide to be someone who brings people together, or you can fall prey to those who wish to divide us. You can be someone who educates yourself, or you can believe that being negative is clever and being cynical is fashionable. You have a choice.” Hillary Clinton
28. “I have met thousands and thousands of pro-choice men and women. I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is trusting the individual to make The right decision for herself and her family, and not entrusting that decision to anyone wearing The authority of government in any regard.” Hillary Clinton
29. “When does life start? When does it end? Who makes these decisions?… Every day, in hospitals and homes and hospices… people are struggling with those profound issues.” Hillary Clinton
30. “We are Americans, we have The right to participate and debate any administration.” Hillary Clinton
31. “When I am talking about “It Takes a Village”, I’m obviously not talking just about or even primarily about geographical villages any longer, but about The network of relationships and values that do connect us and binds us together.” Hillary Clinton
32. “If a country doesn’t recognize minority rights and human rights, including women’s rights, you will not have The kind of stability and prosperity that is possible.” Hillary Clinton
33. “Our lives are a mixture of different roles. Most of us are doing The best we can to find whatever The right balance is . . . For me, that balance is family, work, and service.” Hillary Clinton
34. “I am particularly horrified by The use of propaganda and The manipulation of The truth and The revision of history.” Hillary Clinton
35. “God bless The America we are trying to create.” Hillary Clinton
36. “Women are The largest untapped reservoir of talent in The world.” Hillary Clinton
37. “Voting is The most precious right of every citizen, and we have a moral obligation to ensure The integrity of our voting process.” Hillary Clinton
38. “If fighting for affordable child care and paid family leave is playing The woman card, then deal me in!” Hillary Clinton
39. “I believe America thrives when The middle class thrives.” Hillary Clinton
40. “It’s wrong to take tax breaks with one hand and give out pink slips with The other.” Hillary Clinton
41. “”I think that if you live long enough, you realize that so much of what happens in life is out of your control, but how you respond to it is in your control. That’s what I try to remember.” Hillary Clinton
42. “In America, if you can dream it, you should be able to build it.” Hillary Clinton
43. “Strength relies on smarts, judgment, cool resolve, and The precise and strategic application of power.” Hillary Clinton
44. “I believe that our economy isn’t working The way it should because our democracy isn’t working The way it should.” Hillary Clinton
45. “Ask yourself: Does Donald Trump have The temperament to be Commander-in-Chief? Donald Trump can’t even handle The rough-and-tumble of a presidential campaign. He loses his cool at The slightest provocation. When he’s gotten a tough question from a reporter. When he’s challenged in a debate. When he sees a protestor at a rally. Imagine him in The Oval Office facing a real crisis. A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons.” Hillary Clinton
Video: Hillary Clinton with Zach Galifianakis
Hillary is not usually known for her humor. This video is hands down the funniest interview she has ever given!
When you watch it you will gain a newfound appreciation for her humor and wit.
As of this writing more than 24 MILLION people have viewed it!
It is easy to see that Hillary Clinton is a tough and pragmatic leader who has been an outspoken advocate for social justice and women’s rights. During her career in public service she achieved many firsts in her roles as First Lady of the United States, U.S. Senator, Secretary of State and her last role as a presidential candidate
Hillary’s accomplishments remain an inspiration to women everywhere. As she mentioned in her 2003 memoir Living History, “My mother and my grandmothers could never have lived my life; my father and my grandfathers could never have imagined it. But they bestowed on me the promise of America, which made my life and my choices possible.”
Hillary hoped to be the first female US President but ultimately lost to Donald Trump in the 2016 election.
And also see our Bernie Sanders Quotes too.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.