James Altucher is a prolific author, chess master, successful entrepreneur, podcaster, and one of the most interesting interviewers of our time. He has done so many different things in his life and he draws from his life experience in his writings. More recently he has been an author of a variety of best selling books including Choose Yourself and his most recent book Skip The Line which is about how to become successful more quickly by applying the life principles he mentions.
We have been following James for many years and have learned so much from him. We wanted to honor him with this tribute in the form of collection of his quotes.
The Most Inspiring James Altucher Quotes
- “Always say to yourself, I’d rather be healthy than right. Because the infection of someone so wounded will spread to you if you engage.” – James Altucher
- “Being grateful is the bridge between the world of nightmares and the world where we are free to say no. It’s the bridge between the world of delusions and the world of creativity.” – James Altucher
- “Excuses are easy lies we tell ourselves to cover up our failures.” – James Altucher
- “When you rush to get to a mythical there, one day you will arrive and realize you missed all of the pleasures and mysteries along the way.” – James Altucher
- “But business is just a vehicle for transforming the ideas in your head into something real, something tangible, that actually improves the lives of others.” – James Altucher
- “Forget purpose. It’s okay to be happy without one. The quest for a single purpose has ruined many lives.” – James Altucher
- “I have lots of ideas. How do I pick the right one? Execute on as many as possible. The right idea will pick you.” – James Altucher
- “Excuses are leaks in a boat. When you cover one, another pops up, and it’s even bigger. It’s hard to keep the boat repaired and get safely to shore if you have an excuse mind-set.” – James Altucher
- “He took a survey of personal finance authors who recommend that people keep budgets, and he found that none of them actually kept budgets themselves.” – James Altucher
- “If coming up with ten ideas sounds too hard, then come up with twenty.” – James Altucher
- “If we truly want to learn, we never learn when we are talking. We only learn when we are listening.” – James Altucher
- “Luck is created by the prepared.” – James Altucher
- “No matter who you are, no matter what you do, no matter who your audience is: 30 percent will love it, 30 percent will hate it, and 30 percent won’t care.” – James Altucher
- “Only think about the people you enjoy, and only read the books you enjoy, that make you happy to be human. Only go to the events that actually make you laugh or fall in love.” – James Altucher
- “Only worry about your own happiness, which doesn’t have to be limited by anyone else’s stupidity unless you allow it to be.” – James Altucher
- “Only free time, imagination, creativity, and an ability to disappear will help you deliver value that nobody ever delivered before in the history of humankind.” – James Altucher
- “The best way I have ever found to fill that hole is not to seek external motivations to fill the emptiness, but to ignite the internal fire that will never go out. To light up my own inner sky.” – James Altucher
- “The only things that really matter in this world are the relationships you have with the people you love, and the meaningful things that you do.” – James Altucher
- “The only truly safe thing you can do is to try over and over again. To go for it, to get rejected, to repeat, to strive, to wish. Without rejection there is no frontier, there is no passion, and there is no magic.” – James Altuche
- “There is nobody you need to impress. There is nobody who is judging you. And there will be nobody who can stop you.” – James Altucher
- “This is about a new phase in history where art, science, business, and spirit will join together, both externally and internally, in the pursuit of true wealth. It’s a phase where ideas are more important than people.” – James Altucher
- “We all want to de-clutter. To throw things out. But a minimalist lifestyle is bullshit unless you can do it across every sheath in the daily practice: not just physical, but also emotional, mental, and spiritual.” – James Altucher
- “Perfectionism is the enemy of the idea muscle. Perfectionism is your brain trying to protect you from harm—from coming up with an idea that is embarrassing and stupid and could cause you to suffer pain.” – James Altucher
- “What you need to do is build the house you will live in. You build that house by laying a solid foundation: by building physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health.” – James Altucher
- “When you get in the mud with a pig, you get dirty and the pig gets happy.” – James Altucher
- “Someone who is reinventing always has spare time. Part of reinvention is collecting little bits and pieces of time and carving them the way you want them to be.” – James Altucher
- “Stick with the people who love you and don’t spend a single second on the rest. Life will be better that way.” – James Altucher
- “Life is too long to reject the opportunities in front of you every day.” – James Altucher
- “When you give up searching for frontiers, inevitably you end up stuck in a swamp, sinking deeper into the mud the more you struggle to get out.” – James Altucher
- “Do what you do with love, and success is a natural symptom.” – James Altucher
- “When the lights come on inside of you, everyone in the world can see a little better.” – James Altucher
- “No one will ever give you permission to create the future.” – James Altucher
Related: Magnus Carlsen Quotes
Four Things to Do Everyday to Be Happy, Healthy & Wealthy
This is an awesome interview with Tom Bilyeu of Impact Theory, perhaps James’ best video interview on someone else’s show ever. In this interview he discusses rebuilding his life after contemplating suicide. He shares the techniques he used to come back after he lost all his money, struggled with personal relationships, and rebuilt his life back even better than before! He describes his “daily practice” and how you can use it to improve your life too.
James is one of our favorite podcasters and honestly we have learned so much from his books and podcasts that we cannot recommend him highly enough.
You can find more info about James and his podcast over on his website. #JamesAltucher
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.