Randy Poffo – better known as Macho Man Randy Savage- was, and still is a true legend. The man had a propensity for greatness, and always left his audience wanting more. As a professional wrestler, he claimed 29 championships, and held 11 titles throughout a 32 year career.
Regardless of whether you like pro wrestling or think it is silly – if you see the “Madness,” or even hear the rasp of his voice, you undoubtedly know right away who he is. Despite his untimely passing, he lives on through multiple sources, and countless fans worldwide.
If Randy Savage was known best for anything, it was his wild optimism, and his borderline-insane presence on, and off ,the stage. It didn’t take a camera, or a screaming audience to get his entertaining antics in motion. This was who he was.
His life, his career, and his legacy was jam packed from start to finish with words of wisdom, words of hilarity, words to downright confuse, anger, and even surprise you. I’ve compiled (to my knowledge) the largest collection of Macho Man quotes in one place. In his honor, and in memoriam,
Today, I bring you one quote for every year he spent keeping us entertained – 58 quotes from the Madness himself. Enjoy.
Macho Man Randy Savage Quotes
- “Oooooh yeeeah!”
- “Snap into a Slim Jim!”
- “The tower of power! Too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!”
- “Hey, freakshow! You’re goin’ NOWHERE! I got’cha for three minutes! Three minutes of playtime!”
- “Best there is; past, present and future! Ohhh yeahh!”
- “I’m too hot to handle, and too cold to hold!”
- “You will eat my rear rockets, and like it! Ohhhh yeahhh!”
- “Dig it!”
- “Ten thousand years as Intercontinental Champion, ooh yeeeah!”
- “Hulkamania is like a single grain of sand in the Sahara desert that is Macho Madness.”
- “The Madness is runnin’ wild!”
- “We’re in space, and space is the place!”
- “Who’s in the danger zone?!”
- “Bow down to the kingdom of the Madness!”
- “I’m the Macho Man Randy Savage, and I’m the World Wrestling Federation Champion, and YOU’RE NOT!”
- “Bonesaw is ready!”
- “The cream rises to the top!”
- “It’s enough to get me to the boilin’ point!”
- “Woah! FREAK OUT!”
- “Cup o’ coffee in the big time, yeah.”
- ““Hulk Hogan’s got the biggest arms in the world, yeah! But these arms ain’t chopped liver!”
- “I say I’m a million percent. That is better than one hundred percent!”
- “And the beat goes on, yeah. And the beat goes on, yeah. And the beat goes on..”
- “I’m ALWAYS jittery! It’s part of my personality!”
- “Your mustache is crooked!”
- “On balance, off balance, doesn’t matter; I’m better than you are.”
- “There’s an airplane going by, and I’M NOT ON IT!”
- “I’m not a racist!”
- “Let me tell you now, a man of my position can afford to look ridiculous at any time.”
- “All I care about is that people are being entertained. It’s not about being the world champion; it’s about exciting the people. If you walk away entertained, then I did my job, and that’s all I care about.”
- “There are no tough guys in wrestling.”
- “What can I say about this move? Nothing so I won’t.”
- “I used to hate old-timers who didn’t praise the younger wrestlers, but you’ve got to pass the torch sometime. If you’re old, that torch gets too heavy for you and you can’t carry it, so it won’t do you any good.”
- “I’ve been loving music all my life.”
- “From wrestling to my hip-hop thing, I’ve just been able to do so much and meet so many crazy characters.”
- “Just because someone acts a certain way on TV, that doesn’t mean he’s like that in real life.”
- “Being a wrestler is like walking on the treadmill of life. You get off it and it just keeps going.”
- “Wrestling is a fraternity, and the boys will work their butts off for you as long as you respect them, and don’t lie.”
- “You can’t let anyone walk all over you, or everybody will walk all over you.”
- “Dusty Rhodes, do you think you’re what our forefathers were thinking about when they thought up the American Dream? Ooooh yeah, I don’t think so.”
- “The match the whole world, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus… Or anywhere else is waiting for.”
- “Thirty six years ago; Lynn, and I met on Lido Beach. I feel so fortunate that I had a second chance to marry my first love; here where it all began..”
- “The same fire the dragon breathes. He shall burn by.”
- “I handled it like Martin Luther King, and I should have handled it like Malcolm X; by any means necessary.”
- “I want you to do it. If anything happens, I want you to do the same thing with my ashes, the same way, the same place. If it’s good enough for Hercules, it’s good enough for me.”
- “Oh yeah? Rules? Well rules were made to be broken. AND YOUR NECK COULD BE BROKEN!”
- “When anger rushes unrestrained to action, like a hot steed, it stumbles on its way. The man of thought strikes deepest and strikes safely.”
- “Only rich people by definition have the ‘extra’ money to buy things, and invest to create economic growth. Do we really want to tax that ‘extra’ money away.. and give it to the government to spend?.. Does that make any economic sense outside of politics, and our emotional desire to make everyone suffer equally through these tough times?”
- “Driving with one foot on the accelerator, and the other on the brake is likely to get you nowhere, but certainly will burn out vital parts of your car. Similarly, cutting taxes on the middle class, but increasing them on the rich is likely to result in an economic burnout.”
- “Every sport has it’s own cast of characters.”
- “Expect the unexpected in the kingdom of Madness!”
- “Comparatively speaking, to the Macho Man Randy Savage, you’re nothing but garbage!”
- “And the videoscope, yeah.. I’m looking right into you.”
- “Being a wrestler is like walking on the treadmill of life. You get off it, and it just keeps going.”
- “Hulk Hogan, not only are you a hot dog, a grand stander, a showboat, and a prima donna, but you’re a liar too.”
- “You say you love me like a brother, well listen to this Hulk Hogan! I hate you, I hate your guts! And that’s what’s going to be left all over the mat.”
- “Yeah what were you doing at Wrestlemania? Ohhhh yeah I’d like to know. You weren’t there to gloat were you? No I guess you weren’t.”
- “I don’t want my dad to have a heartbeat with no pulse. Let him go..”
Hope these “Macho Man” Randy Savage Quotes made you smile today!
There are a multitude of wise men throughout history. Some of them taught about life, or love, or even death. There were those that could profess all three, but never in such a way that kept listeners laughing, and cheering as The Madness definitely did. Yet, the Macho Man Randy Savage wasn’t a philosopher, or some great guru. He was simply an entertainer, an athlete, a friend, a father, a husband, a musician, and (for the most part) a regular man just living his life; and OHHH YEEEAH, you bet he lived it!
I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the list! From quote number 2 (the Slim Jim ad), all the way to number 58 (when he said goodbye to his father), these words are all of ours to toast, and pay homage to the greatest wrestling champion the world has ever known. In doing so, we should remember that greatness comes in many forms.
We all have the ability, and the option to become the greatest version of ourselves. Sometimes it takes walking through a door that’s hard to see. Sometimes it’s as easy as not going through at all. Sometimes it takes opening the door ourselves. Then there are times when you rip the door off the hinges, and strut through it yelling “OHH YEEEAAHH!!”
The choice is ours to make.. and the beat goes on…
If you want to a great “Macho Man” Randy Savage display to hold your slim Jim’s check this out,or a classic shirt with his sunglasses on it, but our absolute favorite collectible is this toy figure – great to re-enact some pro wrestling moves and bring out your inner child.
6 memorable “Macho Man” Randy Savage interviews
This is a great montage from the WWE that has some of the most entertaining clips of Macho Man. Definitely worth a watch.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.