Camping is an activity that you can enjoy on your own or with friends and family. Sitting around a campfire with only the stars accompanying you, the feeling of being disconnected from the world is the most fulfilling way to feel human again.
Too bad there are not many people willing to let go of the luxuries of city life to go camping. If you are one of them, we invite you to read these quotes about camping and feel the peace that comes with being in nature!
Inspiring Quotes about Camping
1. “Far from the luxuries of home, camp life forces a slower, more thoughtful approach to living. Mornings are savored. Coffee is sipped rather than drained. Making meals is less a chore and more an event. An evening stroll replaces the nightly TV hypnosis. In short, for a few fleeting days, we are briefly, blissfully, beautifully human again.” – Mark Kenyon
2. “Whatever form it takes, camping is earthy, soul-enriching, and character building, and there can be few such satisfying moments as having your tent pitched and the smoke rising from your campfire as the golden sun sets on the horizon.” – Pippa Middleton
3. “I peered up through the tent’s mesh roof at faraway stars, faint glitter, giddy.” – Aspen Matis
4. “Wilderness areas are first of all a series of sanctuaries for the primitive arts of wilderness travel, especially canoeing and packing. I suppose some will wish to debate whether it is important to keep these primitive arts alive. I shall not debate it. Either you know it in your bones, or you are very, very old.” – Aldo Leopold
5. “Cooking and eating food outdoors makes it taste infinitely better than the same meal prepared and consumed indoors.” – Fennel Hudson
6. “Light a campfire, and everyone’s a storyteller.” — John Geddes
7. “You may be a little cold some nights on mountain tops above the timber-line, but you will see the stars” – John Muir
8. “Spring is beautiful, and summer is perfect for vacations, but autumn brings a longing to get away from the unreal things of life, out into the forest at night with a campfire and the rustling leaves.” – Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
9. “What could be smarter than going camping in a deserted forest in a global pandemic time? However, even without such a pandemic, the smartest thing to do would be camping again!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
10. “The echoes of beauty you’ve seen transpire, resound through dying coals of a campfire.” – Ernest Hemingway
11. “There is no such thing as bad weather, just soft people.” — Bill Bowerman
12. “Camping is nature’s way of promoting the motel business.” – Dave Barry
13. “Of course, not everybody likes camping trips. I do not myself enjoy them much because I’m not outdoorsy, or at any rate, I’m not outdoorsy overnight-without-a-mattress-wise. There’s a limit to the outdoorsiness to which some academics can be expected to submit.” – G.A. Cohen
14. “My tent doesn’t look like much but, as an estate agent might say, “It is air-conditioned and has an exceptional location.” – Fennel Hudson
15. “I’ve been camping and stuff, but if you left me in the woods I’d probably just curl up and cry until someone found me.” – Norman Reedus
16. “The campfire is the most important part of camping. It’s far more than just a source of heat or light. It’s the heart of civilization. All other activities revolve around the fire.” – David Lubar
17. “How is it that one match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to start a campfire?” — Christy Whitehead
18. “A crude meal, no doubt, but the best of all sauces is hunger.” – Edward Abbey, Desert Solitaire
19. “The first campfire didn’t exist until something nearly human shambled over and camped near it.” – Buck Tilton
20. “Camping is not a date; it’s an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.” – Yvonne Prinz
21. “When I returned to camp, they walked behind me on the trail, and we spoke not a word about getting skunked today but rather talked about the days we returned with a stringer full of fish and how we fileted them and the left the guts out for bears and eagles, and how those fish tasted fresh when we fried them over a fire.” – Daniel J. Rice
22. “Fire’s the sun, unwindin’ itself out o’ the wood.” – David Mitchell
23. “There’s no Wi-Fi in the mountain, but I promise you’ll find a better connection.” – Anonymous
24. “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing every year, but I told that story around the campfire, and nobody got scared.” — Jack Handey
25. “Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” — George Carlin
26. “If I went on vacation, I’d rather go camping than stay in some four-star hotel.” — Travis Fimmel
27. “Who has smelled the woodsmoke at twilight, who has seen the campfire burning, who is quick to read the noises of the night?” – Rudyard Kipling
28. “You get guys around a campfire, and they start telling their stories. That’s the fellowship that they want to be in.” – John Eldredge
29. “Gather wood, build a fire, stay up all night with the fire and stars.” – Antler
30. “Remember, a good marriage is like a campfire. Both grow cold if left unattended.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
31. “We had come a far piece into a strange land, a trail lit by lonely campfires” – Louis L’Amour
32. “The onlookers watched as the fire snapped and popped, observing the flames encircling the logs. Bits of blue and green intertwined with the blazing orange and yellow. The smoke rose high above the campfire, lifting glowing embers.” – Ann White Lombardi
33. “Before men ever dreamed of shelter, campfires were their homes.” – Sigurd Olson
34. “It’s easier to throw sticks on the campfire than to try to restart it when it goes out.” – Cynthia Lewis
35. “Young people knew what had happened to the world because their elders communicated it to them around the campfire.” – Rick Steber
36. “I got into an argument with a girlfriend inside of a tent. That’s a bad place for an argument because then I tried to walk out and slammed the flap. How are you supposed to express your anger in this situation? Zip it up really quick?” – Mitch Hedberg
37. “The stars were better company anyway. They were very beautiful, and they almost never snored.” – David Eddings
38. “Once all the power goes out, there will still be human beings standing together around a campfire, playing acoustic guitars.” – Jim James
39. “I married a woman who loves to camp, and I am what you would call indoorsy…my wife always brings up camping as a tradition in my family. Hey, it was a tradition in everyone’s family ’til we came up with the house.” — Jim Gaffigan
40. “Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.” – Aliyyah Eniath
41. “When we would go camping in rural Wales, we would get sick. What I did not realize at the time was that the sickness was a detoxification reaction from the toxic city environment that we normally lived in.” – Steven Magee
42. “You don’t have to say everything to be a light. Sometimes a fire built on a hill will bring interested people to your campfire.” – Shannon L. Alder
43. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” -– Henry David Thoreau
44. “Deep silence fell about the little camp, planted there so audaciously in the jaws of the wilderness. The lake gleamed like a sheet of black glass beneath the stars. The cold air pricked. In the draughts of night that poured their silent tide from the depths of the forest, with messages from distant ridges and from lakes just beginning to freeze, there lay already the faint, bleak odors of coming winter.” – Algernon Blackwood
45. “Life is a fatal adventure. It can only have one end. So why not make it as far-ranging and free as possible.” — Alexander Eliot
SOLO CAMPING AT THE EDGE OF AN AMAZING CLIFF • [4K] ENJOYING COLD NIGHT AND RAIN WHOLE DAY • ASMR
In this episode, he found an amazing campsite at the edge of a cliff and was surprised by the constant rain. It was cold, but he did not leave because the scenery was relaxing and beautiful, with many natural sounds.
What do you think of these quotes about camping? We hope they helped you see how camping is not an uncomfortable or unpleasant activity. It is a fun outdoor adventure that you can experience and cherish as long as you are willing to disconnect from everyday life.
If you plan to go camping this season, don’t forget to leave your worries behind!
50 Tenacity Quotes to Help You Get Back on Your Feet
61 Buddha Quotes to Inspire Happiness
50 Self Discipline Quotes for Procrastinators
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.