If people are ignoring you, eventually you will start to feel alone, socially isolated and depressed. Because people are naturally social creatures, we crave acceptance and connection with other people as part of groups.
Regardless of why this is occurring, it is important to focus on positive emotions and find a way to reconnect with others so you don’t feel socially isolated and alone. When you reconnect with others, it will start to change how you feel.
The following quotes explore the importance of feeling appreciated and not being ignored.
Being Ignored Quotes
1. “Being taken for granted can be a compliment. It means that you’ve become a comfortable, trusted element in another person’s life.”—Joyce Brothers
2. “The great thing about being ignored is that you can speak the truth with impunity.”—Steve Aylet
3. “While it is better to be loved than hated, it is also far better to be hated than ignored.–”Viet Thanh Nguyen
4. “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”—Mahatma Gandhi
5. “If you’re being ignored, that’s a good time to concentrate on finding yourself and creating your own mystery.”—Lykke Li
6. “There’s a lot of mediocrity being celebrated, and a lot of wonderful stuff being ignored or discouraged.”—Sean Penn
7. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and try to ignore the rest.”—Venus Williams
8. “Your harshest critic is always going to be yourself. Don’t ignore that critic but don’t give it more attention than it deserves.”—Michael Ian Black
9. “I just want to make a point that it’s not just great teachers that sometimes shape your life. Sometimes it’s the absence of great teachers that shapes your life and being ignored can be just as good for a person as being lauded.”—Julia Roberts
10. “Being ignored is a great privilege. That is how I think I learned to see what others do not see and to react to situations differently. I simply looked at the world, not really prepared for anything.”—Saul Leiter
11. “I am tired of seeing real criminals, with lots of victims being ignored, while traditional law enforcement is busy going after perpetrators of victimless crimes such as those involved in the Silk Road Marketplace.”—Roger Ver
12. “There is a lot of talent and a lot of good things happening and coming from Molenbeek, but unfortunately, it has had to deal with a very, very long time of being ignored, really, and it was very easy, even in the neighbourhood where I grew up, to just fall off the grid, and nobody would notice it.”—Vincent Company
13. “For decades, activist shareholders were an entertaining, but largely ignored, Wall Street sideshow. Disgruntled investors would attend annual meetings to harangue executives, criticize strategies – and protest that their complaints were being ignored.”—Charles Duhigg
14. “In boxing, they say it’s the punch you don’t see coming that knocks you out. In the wider world, the reality we ignore or deny is the one that weakens our most impassioned efforts toward improvement.”—Katherine Dunn
15. “I think sometimes when we find love we pretend it away, or ignore it, or tell ourselves we’re imagining it. Because it is the most painful kind of hope there is.”—Rae Carson
16. “Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.”—Isaac Asimov
17. “Your suffering needs to be respected. Don’t try to ignore the hurt, because it is real. Just let the hurt soften you instead of hardening you. Let the hurt open you instead of closing you. Let the hurt send you looking for those who will accept you instead of hiding from those who reject you.”—Bryant McGill
18. “Her complexity is a glorious fire that consumes, while her simplicity goes unapproachable. But if one takes time to understand her, there is something beautiful to find, something simple to be loved. But she goes unloved, for being misunderstood.”—Antony Liccione
19. “I’ve learned to ignore the negative people and just be a living example of confidence and self-love.”—Khoudia Diop
20. “Every age has its storytelling form, and video gaming is a huge part of our culture. You can ignore or embrace video games and imbue them with the best artistic quality. People are enthralled with video games in the same way as other people love the cinema or theatre.”—Andy Serkis
21. “Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.”—Alan Perlis
22. “I am woman, hear me roar, in numbers too big to ignore, and I know too much to go back and pretend.”—Helen Reddy
23. “To be acceptable is for one to ignore his weakness while knowing his strength, to cover the scar even though it’s always there, however, to be impossible is for one to see his weakness as, not an adversary, but the cherry on top of his strength, to rearrange the scar so that it compliments his features.”—Criss Jami
24. “Your mind can be your enemy or friend. If you always follow your heart, your mind will feel neglected. If you follow only your mind, your heart will never forgive you. Never ignore your conscience, yet always be conscious of reason. Make your heart and mind friends and you will have peace of mind throughout life’s seasons.”—Suzy Kassem
25. “And at the end of the night, they realized how important those little stars were, which they ignored while adoring the beauty of the moon whole night.”—Akshay Vasu
26. “Most often, what I don’t know will have a vastly greater bearing on my life that what I do know.”—Craig D. Lounsbrough
27. “The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.”—Rumi
28. “A spark neglected makes a mighty fire.”—Robert Herrick
29. “Being ignored is the worst feeling. But stop to think that there’s always someone out there to give you the attention others didn’t give you.”—Bhumit Mehta
30 “Distance doesn’t separate people. Silence does.”—Jeff Hood
31. “It would be too easy to say that I feel invisible. Instead, I feel painfully visible, and entirely ignored .”—David Levithan
32. “what’s worse than being hated is being ignored, because it’s like you don’t exist at all and your presence is nothing.”—Anurag Prakash Ray
33. “I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone.”—Robin Williams
34. “Pretty girls behave best when you ignore them. Of course, they have to know you are ignoring them, for otherwise they may not even know you exist.”—Chetan Bhagat
35. “Sometimes we have to look at our life from a distance to appreciate those little things we have. There are humble things that we tend to ignore, but they are the ones with greater importance.”—Nadine Sadaka Boulos
36. “Do not allow doubt, fear or failure to affect your dreams. They are the slippery slopes you must ignore on the path to success.”—Alex G zarate
37. “Deliberate avoidance of common sense has no cure.”—Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
38. “I don’t have a social agenda. I just don’t choose to ignore what in front of me.”—John Sayles
39. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs fear the religion, and avoid the people, you might better stay home.”–James A. Michener
40. “Live people ignore the strange and unusual. myself am strange and unusual.”—Tim Burton
41. “The world is better ignored if you want to change it.”—Victor Vote
As humans we are social animals. That means we feel best when we are part of a group and connected to other people. We all understand that deep down.
If someone is actively ignoring you it’s a mean spirited action that is designed to harm you in some way. You can feel that social isolation deep down and it makes you feel invisible and insignificant. We hope these quotes will inspire you to lift your head up and seek more enjoyable surroundings and relationships.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.