Perspective is the way we see the world. Perspective comes from our personal point of view and is defined or rather shaped by our life experiences, our current state of mind, values as well as the assumption we bring in a particular situation. Having the ability to see more perspectives on something, especially if strong emotions are involved, will help you learn to see and experience the world differently.
Your perspective of the world revolving around you becomes your reality. Perspective molds who you are, your motivation as well as the choices that you make in your professional and personal life. It is important to have a positive perspective to attract the right things in your life.
A positive perspective helps you improve in your areas of life including your personal success, studies, and career goals. Acquiring this virtue will bring you empathy and help you understand other people better than before. The quotes below from people who have handled perspective successfully will help you improve on your perspective.
Quotes About Perspective
1. “When you wake up every day, you have two choices. You can either be positive or negative; an optimist or a pessimist. I choose to be an optimist. It’s all a matter of perspective.”– Harvey Mackay
2. “It’s important to have people who are absolutely willing to say you’re wrong or who have a totally different perspective than you do on everything. Fresh ideas are hard to come by, and good ones are even harder.”– Shonda Rhimes
3. “The greatest tragedy for any human being is going through their entire lives believing the only perspective that matters is their own.”– Dong Baldwin
4. “The only thing you sometimes have control over is your perspective. You don’t have control over your situation. But you have a choice about how you view it.”– Chris Pine
5. “Your reality is as you perceive it to be. So, it is true, that by altering our perception we can alter our reality.”– William Constantine
6. “A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.”– Robertson Davies
Related: Fascinating quotes about maturity
7. “The measure of your success is a matter of perception. Are you perceiving things as they are or as you wish them to be? To know, notice your thoughts upon awaking each day. Are they happy thoughts or sad? Listen to their message.”– Tau Chuan Ling
8. “As we abide in sleep, intuitively resonating with the sum of all our experiences—this life and beyond—we gain refreshing perspective on our efforts and have an opportunity to remember what we know.”– Henry Reed
9. “The moment one gives close attention to any thing, even a blade of grass it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself.”– Henry Miller
10. “Our presuppositions shape our perspective, our perspective shapes our priorities, and our priorities shape our practice.”– Kenneth Boa
11. “No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.”– Ansel Adams
12. “Though we can’t always see it at the time, if we look upon events with some perspective, we see things always happen for our best interests. We are always being guided in a way better than we know ourselves.”– Swami Satchidananda
13. “Gratitude is one of the strongest and most transformative states of being. It shifts your perspective from lack to abundance and allows you to focus on the good in your life, which in turn pulls more goodness into your reality.”– Jen Sincero
14. “Each person does see the world in a different way. There is not a single, unifying, objective truth. We’re all limited by our perspective.”– Siri Hustvedt
15. “There are seasons in life. Don’t ever let anyone try to deny you the joy of one season because they believe you should stay in another season… Listen to yourself. Trust your instincts. Keep your perspective.”– Jane Clayson
16. “The secret to being successful from a trading perspective is to have an indefatigable and an undying and unquenchable thirst for information and knowledge.”– Paul Tudor Jones
17. “It is the obvious which is so difficult to see most of the time. People say ‘It’s as plain as the nose on your face.’ But how much of the nose on your face can you see, unless someone holds a mirror up to you?”– Isaac Asimov
18. “There’s a fine line between support and stalking and let’s all stay on the right side of that.”– Joss Whedon
19. “When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it sport; when a tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.”– George Bernard Shaw
20. “If we climb high enough, we will reach a height from which tragedy ceases to look tragic.”– Irvin D. Yalom
21. “My father is an architect, so I often think like a designer or an architect. I remember when I was admiring buildings, I would look up at them and see this perspective and this awesome power of the monument in front of me.”– Platon
22. “Truth can be a matter of perspective, but I also think there’s a truth that exists, that there are laws to the universe the way Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King believed.”– Tom Shadyac
23. “One of the things we often miss in succession planning is that it should be gradual and thoughtful, with lots of sharing of information and knowledge and perspective, so that it’s almost a non-event when it happens.”– Anne M. Mulcahy
24. “Attachment constrains our vision so that we are not able to see things from a wider perspective.”– Dalai Lama
25. “Remember: despite how open, peaceful, and loving you attempt to be, people can only meet you as deeply as they’ve met themselves.”– Matt Kahn
26. “It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope yo live a life that you’re proud of. And if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.”– F. Scott Fitzgerald
27. “Dream delivers us to dream, and there is no end to illusion. Life is like a train of moods like a string of beads, and, as we pass through them, they prove to be many-colored lenses which paint the world their own hue. . . . “– Ralph Waldo Emerson
28. “The task is…not so much to see what no one has yet seen; but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees.”– Erwin Schrodinger
29. “Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that’s twice as big as it needs to be.”– George Carlin
30. “If it’s true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.”– George Carlin
31. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”– Oprah Winfrey
32. “Space is as infinite as we can imagine, and expanding this perspective is what adjusts humankind’s focus on conquering our true enemies, the formidable foes: ignorance and limitation.”– Vanna Bonta
33. “To begin with, our perception of the world is deformed, incomplete. Then our memory is selective.”– Claude Simon
34. “Humor is perhaps a sense of intellectual perspective: an awareness that some things are really important, others not; and that the two kinds are most oddly jumbled in everyday affairs.”– Christopher Morley
35. “Writing has laws of perspective, of light and shade just as painting does, or music. If you are born knowing them, fine. If not, learn them. Then rearrange the rules to suit yourself.”– Truman Capote
36. “It is not easy to see how the more extreme forms of nationalism can long survive when men have seen the Earth in its true perspective as a single small globe against the stars”– Arthur C. Clarke
Related: Quotes about Perception
37. “People say that globalisation has negative aspects, but I don’t believe globalisation is bad. It’s criticised from a western perspective, but if you put yourself in the shoes of people in the developing world, it provides an unprecedented opportunity.”– Tadashi Yanai
38. “Understanding your employee’s perspective can go a long way towards increasing productivity and happiness.”– Kathryn Minshew
39. “Capitalism works better from every perspective when the economic decision makers are forced to share power with those who will be affected by those decisions.”– Barney Frank
40. “If you have faith, then your whole life is put in a new perspective. You get to work but enjoy the work at the same time. If you grow spiritually, you do what’s in front of you and let the results speak for themselves.”– Roy Orbison
41. “Perspective is worth 80 IQ points.”– Alan Kay
42. “It is entirely possible that behind the perception of our senses, worlds are hidden of which we are unaware.”– Albert Einstein
43. “We must look at the lens through which we see the world, as well as the world we see, and that the lens itself shapes how we interpret the world.”– Stephen R. Covey
44. “In all affairs it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.”– Bertrand Russell
45. “No object is so ugly that, under certain conditions of light and shade, or proximity to other things, it will not look beautiful; no object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly.”– Oscar Wilde
46. “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.”– Albert Einstein
47. “Child, you have to learn to see things in the right proportions. Learn to see great things great and small things small.”– Corrie Ten Boom
48. Often it isn’t the mountains ahead that wear you out, it’s the little pebble in your shoe.”– Muhammad Ali
49. “Sometimes the best thing to do is to take a step back and get a little bit of a different perspective and re-evaluate things.”– Austin Aries
50. “Without understanding your history, you can’t get a perspective about the present.”– Bill Duke
51. “Life is about perspective and how you look at something…ultimately, you have to zoom out.” –Whitney Wolfe Herd
Also see: The Best Quotes from Atlas Shrugged
228 Seconds That Will Change Your Perspective on Life
This is an inspirational short video from Gary Vaynerchuk. If you want to have a winning mentality and finally take your mindset to the place where it needs to be, you need to make the switch between optimism and pessimism. As Gary V discusses, so much of our lives is predicated on how we look at the situations that surround us and how to get to a winner’s mindset.
Related: Descartes Most Intriguing Quotes
We hope these quotes literally helped you change your perspective today. There are three different types of perspectives: perspective-taking, perspective-seeking, and perspective-coordinating.
Perspective-taking is all about being able to comprehend a situation from another person’s point of view. This skill is crucial since it enables us to explore a situation that occurred in the past in a better way. On top of that, it can help us to make a future or rather an upcoming decision.
Now that you can comfortably listen to other people’s perspectives, are you able to see it as a viable perspective? This is what we call perspective seeking. This skill is all about reaching out to individuals and comprehending their points of view on certain situations or topics. This is basically being truly and also, authentically curious about hearing from other people’s perspectives. The richness of this skill is getting information from people with a different point of view from yours and then identifying the potential blindspots or rather new things.
Perspective coordination is being able to work on the information that you acquired from others to better yourself. What do you learn from these people and are you able to give feedback?
Which quote resonated with you the most? Let us know in the comments!
Related: Insightful Quotes about Realizations
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.