55 Entrepreneurial and Impactful Quotes By Steve Jobs That Will Nurture Your Hardworking Spirit
Steve Jobs, in full Steven Paul Jobs, born 24th February 1955, San Francisco, California was an American Industrial designer, business Magnate, and inventor. Jobs is best known as the co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Apple Inc. He was born to parents who had no formal education but he soon began to show his domineering nature and genius by starting up a company with Steve Wozniak at the age of only 21.
With almost prophetic instinct, Jobs was persuaded by John Sculley of Pepsi to join Apple and turn it from a small company into the most successful computer business in history. He became like a father figure to his employees and friends and is remembered as one of the greatest businessmen in history.
His life is chronicled in the ‘Steve Jobs Biography’. Although he died at the age of 56, his influence and genius were felt by many. He is remembered as a man with great vision and foresight. Below is a collection of Steve Jobs quotes that will take you on a truly remarkable journey towards achieving and redefining success.
Steve Jobs Quotes
1. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”– Steve Jobs
2. “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have a faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.”– Steve Jobs
3. “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”– Steve Jobs
4. “I was lucky – I found what I loved to do early in life. Woz and I started Apple in my parents’ garage when I was 20. We worked hard, and in 10 years, Apple had grown from just the two of us in a garage into a $2 billion company with over 4000 employees.”– Steve Jobs
5. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”– Steve Jobs
6. “My model for business is The Beatles: They were four guys that kept each others’ negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts.”– Steve Jobs
7. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful…that’s what matters to me.”– Steve Jobs
8. “I want to put a ding in the universe.”– Steve Jobs
9. “You have to believe that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”– Steve Jobs
10. “You can build your own things that other people can use. And once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.”– Steve Jobs
11. “Don’t take it all too seriously. If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you’ve done and whoever you were and throw them away.”– Steve Jobs
12. “If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on.”– Steve Jobs
13. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”– Steve Jobs
14. “Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.”– Steve Jobs
15. “When you’re doing something for yourself, or your best friend or family, you’re not going to cheese out. If you don’t love something, you’re not going to go the extra mile, work the extra weekend, challenge the status quo as much.”– Steve Jobs
16. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.”– Steve Jobs
17.” No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because death is very likely the single best invention of life.”– Steve Jobs
18. “We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So, it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”– Steve Jobs
19. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”– Steve Jobs
20. “Quality is much better than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”– Steve Jobs
21.” Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”– Steve Jobs
22. “Even if we lose our money, we’ll have a company,” Jobs told Steve Wozniak early on, in the mid-1970s. “For once in our lives, we’ll have a company.”– Steve Jobs
23. “I’m an optimist in the sense that I believe humans are noble and honorable, and some of them are really smart. I have a very optimistic view of individuals.”– Steve Jobs
24. “Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future.”– Steve Jobs
25. “What is Apple, after all? Apple is about people who think ‘outside the box,’ people who want to use computers to help them change the world, to help them create things that make a difference, and not just to get a job done.”– Steve Jobs
26. “We’re going to be able to ask our computers to monitor things for us, and when certain conditions happen, are triggered, the computers will take certain actions and inform us after the fact.”– Steve Jobs
27. “I think we’re having fun. I think our customers really like our products. And we’re always trying to do better.”– Steve Jobs
28. “There is a tremendous amount of craftsmanship between a great idea and a great product.”– Steve Jobs
29. “It’s more fun to be a pirate than to join the Navy.”– Steve Jobs
30. “Almost everything, all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure, these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.”– Steve Jobs
31. “I think the things you most regret in life are things you didn’t do. What you really regret was never asking that girl to dance.”– Steve Jobs
32. “Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”– Steve Jobs
33. “I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things.”– Steve Jobs
34. “Each year has been so robust with problems and successes and learning experiences and human experienes that a year is a lifetime at Apple. So this has been ten lifetimes.”– Steve Jobs
35. “To turn really interesting ideas and fledgling technologies into a company that can continue to innovate for years, it requires a lot of disciplines.”– Steve Jobs
36. “But Apple really beats to a different drummer. I used to say that Apple should be the Sony of this business, but in reality, I think Apple should be the Apple of this business.”– Steve Jobs
37. “I’m very excited about having the Internet in my den.”– Steve Jobs
39. “You think, well, focusing is saying yes. No, focusing is about saying no. Focusing is about saying no. And you’ve got to say no, no, no. When you say no, you piss off people.”– Steve Jobs
40. “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.”– Steve Jobs
41. “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.”– Steve Jobs
42. “When You Need A Miracle, Be Miracle.”
43. “God gave us the senses to let us feel the love in everyone’s heart, not the illusions brought about by wealth.”– Steve Jobs
44. “Details matter, it’s worth waiting to get it right.”– Steve Jobs
45. “Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.”– Steve Jobs
46. “I don’t mind being wrong, and I’ll admit that I’m wrong a lot. It doesn’t really matter to me too much. What matters to me is that we do the right thing.”– Steve Jobs
47. “In the broadest context, the goal is to seek enlightenment – however you define it.”– Steve Jobs
48. “You should never start a company with the goal of getting rich. Your goal should be making something you believe in and making a company that will last.”– Steve Jobs
Related: Bill Gates Best Quotes
49. “You’ve baked a really lovely cake, but then you’ve used dog… for frosting.”– Steve Jobs
50. “My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to take these great people we have and to push them and make them even better.”– Steve Jobs
51. “Learn more and Know more.”– Steve Jobs
52. “Great things in business are never done by one person,They are done by a team of people.”– Steve Jobs
53. “Computers themselves, and software yet to be developed, will revolutionize the way we learn.”– Steve Jobs
54. “Put a dent in the universe.”– Steve Jobs
55. “The Lisa people wanted to do something great. And the Mac people want to do something insanely great. The difference shows.”– Steve Jobs
Related: Best Quotes from Larry Ellison
Video: History of Steve Jobs (Full Documentary)
Jobs was one of the most innovative and influential entrepreneurs of our time. Steve left a legacy that will be marveled over and studied for decades. Despite his humble beginnings, Jobs was able to build the most valuable brand in the world and revolutionize several industries.
Steve’s identity was so intertwined with Apple’s, that when he resigned and Tim Cook took over, many predicted the company’s decline. Claiming they’d no longer be able to innovate without their visionary leader. But many people failed to recognize the most crucial gift Jobs left behind. His philosophy. Discover the story behind Steve Jobs rise to success, and how he left behind one of the greatest legacies of our time.
Steve Jobs — who has passed away — was an incredible innovator and entrepreneur. He was the co-founder and former CEO of Apple Inc., and in 2011, he was listed as one of “Time”‘s 100 Most Influential People in the World. Jobs made a huge impact with his work and even though he is gone, his ideas live on.
The above quotes by Steve Jobs are all very impactful. Each of them has something important to say about making an impact on the world, even if it is through business. Jobs believes that everyone needs to look beyond their material desires and make an impact instead.
You need to be able to see what needs changing and make the company, product, or service that makes it better. Jobs also believed in focusing on what mattered most and saying no to everything else. He knew how important details were, which is why he said that things don’t have to change the world to be important.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.