As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
For ages, society has always dictated ways in which one should think as well as act. Furthermore, we have always been programmed to believe that strength is in numbers and that we need to rely on friends, partners, family, team members, and other loved ones.
While this might be true, there is always a power in doing things on your own. Therefore, in this article, I shall be taking you through quotes about walking alone. Sometimes the path is lonely and discouraging. We hope these awesome quotes will help keep you motivated and focused.
Walking Alone Quotes
- Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet. Roger Miller.There’s something really cool about knowing that your destiny is SO big that you’re not meant to share it with anyone. At least not yet. Mandy Hale.
- Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone, you’ll never walk alone. Oscar Hammerstein II.
- Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone. Charlie Chaplin.
- The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein.
- I love walking in the woods, on the trails, along the beaches. I love being part of nature. I love walking alone. It is therapy. One needs to be alone, to recharge one’s batteries. Grace Kelly.
- One travels more usefully when alone because he reflects more. Thomas Jefferson.
- It is far better to be alone than to be in bad company. George Washington.
- When everything is lonely I can be my best friend. Conor Oberst.
- The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It is the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared. Lois Lowry.
- Look, it’s a monster. He’s walking alone. Look, he’s pulling something out of his pocket. He threw it on the ground. Let’s go see what it is. It’s a black box. You open it… ok… Look, it’s sorrow, misery and pain. It’s loneliness and longing. Boy, he’ll be sorry he lost these. Henry Rollins.
- Being alone in the moors is scary; as the rain clouds settle in; it makes you realize your place in nature. Dave Davies.
- When I’m done, I think of so many things. But, when I have a chance to tell you, I go speechless. Unknown.
- You don’t need a significant other to lead a significant life. Mandy Hale.
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. Helen Keller.
- The soul that sees beauty may sometime walk alone. Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
- Autobiography begins with a sense of being alone, it is an orphan form. John Berger.
- Laugh and the world laugh with you, snore ad you sleep alone. Anthony Burgess.
- The hardest walk you can make is alone. But it’s the walk that will make you stronger. Unknown.
- Walking through darkness with thoughts full of colors. Prajakta Mhadnak.
- Those who are near me do not know that you are nearer to me than they are Those who speak to me do not know that my heart is full with your unspoken words Those who crowd in my path do not know that I am walking alone with you Those who love me do not know that their love brings you to my heart. Rabindranath Tagore.
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. Unknown.
- The art of walking is at once suggestive of the dignity of man. Progressive motion alone implies power, but in almost every other instance it seems a power gained at the expense of self-possession. Hendy Theodore Tuckerman.
- As I get older I’m more and more comfortable being alone. Sienna Miller.
- Being alone is very difficult. Yoko Ono
- I was accustomed to walking alone. I’d find other people who agreed with me, but they also said, “I wouldn’t dare mention it.” I was the only one who would say, “We’ve got to stand.” And they said, “Well, yes. And after you make it safe, then I’ll stand, too. But you have to make it safe.” Harry hay.
- When the people you love are gone, you are alone. Keanu Reeves.
- The eternal quest of the individual human being is to shatter his loneliness. Norman Cousins.
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. Walter Winchell.
- Most often, walking alone with my shadow is how I find my answer, the result of gathering together all agreeable parties. Robert Breault.
- Do not go away. I don’t want to be alone. I can’t stand being alone. Arnold Rothstein.
- Sometimes I need to apologize, sometimes I need to admit that I ain’t right, sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut, or only say hello, sometimes I still feel I’m walking alone. Billie Joe Armstrong.
- Walking alone is not difficult but when we have walked a mile worth a thousand years with someone then coming back alone is what is difficult. Faraaz Kazi.
- Imagine you are walking down a leafy path…The sun is receding, and you are walking alone, caressed by the breezy light of the late afternoon. Then suddenly, you feel a large drop on your right arm. Is it raining? You look up. The sky is still deceptively sunny…seconds later another drop. Then, with the sun still perched in the sky, you are drenched in a shower of rain. This is how memories invade me, abruptly and unexpectedly. Azar Nafisi.
- There must be a solemn and terrible aloneness that comes over the child as he takes those first independent steps. All this is lost to memory and we can only reconstruct it through analogies in later life….To the child who takes his first steps and finds himself walking alone, this moment must bring the first sharp sense of the uniqueness and separateness of his body and his person, the discovery of the solitary self. Selma Freiberg.
- My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the hell she is. Ellen DeGeneres.
- She had become accustomed to being lonely. She was used to walking alone and to being considered ‘different.’ She did not suffer too much. Betty Smith.
- The woman who follows the crowd will usually believe that I said this. Albert Einstein.
- The true Christian can nurture a trustful optimism, because he is certain of not walking alone. In sending us Jesus, the eternal Son made man, God has drawn near to each of us. In Christ he has become our travelling companion. Pope John Paul II.
- One of the places where we lived when I was growing up had this big wood out the back. And starting when I was about 8, I used to enjoy just walking alone through the wood late. Eleven p.m. Midnight. Later. Christian Bale.
- Much unhappiness comes from walking alone. When there are several, it’s somewhat different. I must get into the habit of listening to others, for what the others say concerns me, too. Alfred Doblin
- They walked as I do now: attentively, one step at a time, relishing the sturdiness, and the springiness, too, of serious earth. Eric Weiner
- Alone in the dark, a great light illuminated my path. Lailah Gifty Akita
Video: Walking Alone – Inspirational Video
Sometimes it gets very lonely when you are by yourself, walking alone. This video may help you refocus your mindset. And feel more connected to others. It’s very inspiring.
Related: Unsupportive Family Quotes
As an individual who loves walking alone, going through the above quotes will boost your self-esteem.
After going through these quotes, I hope that you have found them beneficial.