As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Chuck Norris is an global icon who first achieved fame for his martial arts skills and later become an actor with a global fan base. He was born as Carlos Ray Chuck Norris on March 10, 1940. After high school he served I the US Air Force and went on to win many martial arts championships. He eventually started his own branch of martial arts he referred to as “Chun Kuk Do.” Chick himself has black belts in Tang Too Do, Judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
Chuck started training celebrities in martial arts while he was in Hollywood. That led him to a minor role in a spy film The Wrecking Crew in 1969. His profile increased dramatically when his friend Bruce Lee invited him to play one of the villians in 1972’s Way of the Dragon. After that, Chuck was on his way to a legendary career in dozens of movies, and martial arts movies. From 1993 to 2001, Chuck played the title role in Walker, Texas Ranger and that made him a regular on TV for many years. Chuck’s last film appearance was in Sylvester Stallone’s The Expendables 2 in 2012.
Our Favorite Chuck Norris Quotes
- A lot of times people look at the negative side of what they feel they can’t do. I always look on the positive side of what I can do. Chuck Norris
- Anytime you get action legends together, it has to be a classic. Chuck Norris
- Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth. Chuck Norris
- Exercise, prayer, and meditation are examples of calming rituals. They have been shown to induce a happier mood and provide a positive pathway through life’s daily frustrations. Chuck Norris
- A lot of people give up just before they’re about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one. Chuck Norris
- I’ve always found that anything worth achieving will always have obstacles in the way and you’ve got to have that drive and determination to overcome those obstacles on route to whatever it is that you want to accomplish. Chuck Norris
- The final line in the Second Amendment says, ‘The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.’ That means not by the president, not by Congress. Chuck Norris
- Unfortunately, people are re-interpreting the Constitution as a living document, and it’s not. It’s a solid-based document and it shouldn’t be played with. Chuck Norris
- It’s important to concede that modern pesticides have helped to make farming more productive and to increase yields. Chuck Norris
- Violence is my last option. Chuck Norris
- I don’t initiate violence, I retaliate. Chuck Norris
- Good morals lead to good laws. Chuck Norris
- It’s the bullies who are afraid, are the ones that do all the fighting. It’s not the secure kids that get out there and fight. It’s the insecure kids. Chuck Norris
- When children are exposed to advertisements for unhealthy food, they will, in turn, consume significantly unhealthier rather than healthy calories as a result. Chuck Norris
- If the government decides to become a tyrannical government, our guns are to protect us against that. Chuck Norris
- Well, I grew up as a democrat. Chuck Norris
- As I travel the world, it seems that younger people identify me merely with some of the folklore in the ‘Chuck Norris Facts’ – those hyperbolic sayings that elevate my abilities beyond my capabilities. Others view me in light of the character I played in ‘Walker, Texas Ranger’ or in one of my 20 tough-guy films. Chuck Norris
- I definitely feel I do have God in my corner. Chuck Norris
- Some of the most miserable people I know are some of the richest people in America, they are the most miserable individuals I’ve ever seen. Chuck Norris
- Opponents criticize Trump for not acting presidential enough; all the while, Obama created and perpetuates the presidential code to demean, disdain and diminish others in light of esteeming himself. Chuck Norris
- It wasn’t until I went to Korea out of high school and got exposed to the martial arts for the first time and was just completely enamored with the physical ability of the martial arts and making my black belt. Chuck Norris
- While I filmed the ‘Walker, Texas Ranger’ series for eight and a half years, I had never had much time to read, except for screenplays of the episodes. Chuck Norris
- My mother lived through the Great Depression. Her family of 11 children pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and moved to wherever there was work at the time. And in rural Oklahoma, that wasn’t easy to find. Chuck Norris
- For our veterans to have to wait long periods of time to receive care is not only unacceptable to us, but to elected officials as well. Chuck Norris
- I’m – you know, I’m not a good actor. Chuck Norris
- I like Ben Stein. I think he’s funny, creative, and an insightful commentator on a host of issues. Chuck Norris
- In 2007, I was given the humbling privilege of being made an honorary member of the United States Marine Corps in recognition of my visits to troops during the Iraq War. Chuck Norris I’ve always found that anything worth achieving will always have obstacles in the way and you’ve got to have that drive and determination to overcome those obstacles on route to whatever it is that you want to accomplish. Chuck Norris
Video: Top 10 Chuck Norris Moments
Here is a quick refresher of some of Chuck’s best moments.
You can follow chuck over at his website and it includes a link to his new free game Nonstop Chuck Norris so you can have some Chuck Norris Karate phone on your iPhone or android!
What can we say about Chuck that you don’t already know? There are only a handful of martial artists and actors that are super well known and have a global profile. Most people will think of Bruce Lee, Jean-Claude Van Damme and perhaps Steven Seagal.
It is safe to say that Chuck is the most famous living martial artist-actor in the world. He is a legend!
Image Credit: “It’s official – Chuck Norris is now an honorary Texas Ranger!” by Texas Governor Rick Perry is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0