As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Paul Walker (September 12, 1973 – November 30, 2013) was an American actor most famous for his depiction of The character Brian O’Conner in The Fast and Furious franchise. He died in a single passenger car crash at The age of 40.
Walker was an interesting man. He was full of life and always had something to say. Keep on reading to see what he thought about love, life, acting, and a variety of topics.
Our Favorite Paul Walker Quotes
1. “I’m a pretty agile guy, especially being taller and having done martial arts from about The age of 13, but parkour is one of those sports that I wish I’d discovered sooner. When my nephew first showed me, I thought, ‘Damn – I’m too old for this.’ “- Paul Walker
2. “In college, my friends called me Mr. James Bond 007 because I entertained everything: blonds, brunettes, redheads. I’m across The board.” – Paul Walker
3. “That’s one thing about Hollywood. People don’t always want what’s real. People always want a little more. So for me, it’s a compromise. Here you go, that hyper-reality.” – Paul Walker
4. “It’s not about working anymore, it’s about doing work I can be proud of.”- Paul Walker
5. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for The smile is The beginning of love.” – Paul Walker
6. “When I was younger, The pressure was just being cool. I never thought of myself as a cool guy. I always thought of myself as more of The goofy guy.” – Paul Walker
7. “I believe in fate, that films happen When they are supposed to.”- Paul Walker
8. “I always find film-making a pleasurable experience.”- Paul Walker
9. “There’s a time and place for everything, But as I get older, I like finding those human moments and really connecting. Maybe I’m not as cool as I once was.” – Paul Walker
10. “I surf; I skateboard. I’m from Southern California. I never thought I was going to be an actor. And to be honest with you, I never really thought of myself as one.” – Paul Walker
11. “My philosophy is: If you can’t have fun, there’s no sense in doing it.” – Paul Walker
12. “I love ‘Donnie Brasco’ and ‘Days of Thunder,’ so after I did ‘The Skulls,’ I was like, ‘I want to be either an undercover cop or I want to race cars!’ Universal came to me with a newspaper article about street racing in L.A., and I was like, ‘Are you kidding me? I grew up doing that right off Peoria in Sun Valley.’ They asked if I wanted to do it.” – Paul Walker” – Paul Walker
13. “Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.’ – Paul Walker
Video: Paul Walker Car Crash Death
This is sad, but if you want to understand the accident that killed Paul, check out this video. It will explain all of the details of the crash.
14. “I’m not afraid of anything. That’s just The way I am.” – Paul Walker
“As for Hollywood, I’ve got a killer job, and I’m having a blast. I have The luxury to go on trips whenever I want and invite my friends who can’t afford it. And, God willing, I’ll be able to do all that till The day I die.” – Paul Walker.
16. “Remember that no matter how cool you think you may be, you’re not cool enough to look down on anyone…ever.” – Paul Walker
17. “Love cures people – both The ones who give it and The ones who receive it.” – Paul Walker
18. “Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be a marine biologist. As you go through The grind and The distraction of a career, it’s easy to lose sight of your dreams.” – Paul Walker
19. “I don’t go for The flash and panache.” – Paul Walker
20. “Never hate people who are jealous of you, But respect their jealousy, they are people who think that you are better than them..” – Paul Walker
21. “I want to wake up next to what I went to bed with. I need a girl who can get dressed up to come with me to things, But also one who isn’t afraid to get her fingernails dirty or chip her nail polish.” – Paul Walker
22. “I hope I’m in a position to make stuff that I really want to make as opposed to stuff that I just have to make for money reasons, or to sustain a certain marquee value.” – Paul Walker
23. “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.” – Paul Walker
24. “I thought I was a hippie, bro. I wore Birkenstocks every day. I went to a Christian high school, so I was pretty funky. The teachers didn’t give me a hard time, though, even though I was totally way out of line in terms of my dress code.” – Paul Walker
25. “I’m a Christian now. The things that drove me crazy growing up was how everyone works at fault-finding with different religions.” – Paul Walker
26. “I’d like to live on horseback and just be a cowboy.” – Paul Walker
27. “like a woman that’s capable and at The same time feminine. I admire tomboy qualities But with a feminine touch.” – Paul Walker
28. “Surfing soothes me, it’s always been a kind of Zen experience for me. The ocean is so magnificent, peaceful, and awesome. The rest of The world disappears for me When I’m on a wave.” – Paul Walker
29. “I live by ‘Go big or go home.’ That’s with everything. It’s like either commit and go for it or don’t do it at all. I apply that to everything. I apply that to relationships, I apply that to like sports, I apply that to everything. That’s what I live by. That’s how I like it.” – Paul Walker
30. “Love doesn’t make The world go ’round. love is what makes The ride worthwhile.” – Paul Walker
31. “I’m Brian a lot more than I’m Paul Walker, which is awesome. When I hear, ‘Hey Paul Walker!’ my hair stands up on The back of my neck. It’s uncomfortable. But when I hear, ‘It’s Brian!’ it’s cool. I like Brian.” – Paul Walker
32. “I’m not afraid of anything. That’s just The way I am.” – Paul Walker
33. “I don’t think of myself as a romantic person; I’m kind of more rough and tumble, I think. The things I’m drawn to are outdoorsy, I only get dressed up when I have to. I’m drawn to women who are into The same type of thing. If you’re going to call it romantic, I’m very spontaneous. That’s probably The best thing I have going for me.” – Paul Walker
34. “Football was my sport. I was fast. I was a free safety.” – Paul Walker
35. “Basically, you’re selling a world as an actor, right? I mean it’s like any sales person: if you believe in your product, you know your product, you sell it a lot better.” – Paul Walker
36. “There’s more to life than movies.” – Paul Walker
37. “I’m a doer, and whether it was The tsunami in Sri Lanka or The earthquake in Indonesia, I was always saying, ‘I should be there; I should be helping out.’ “- Paul Walker
38. “My mom’s hot. I mean she’s old, But my mom’s out of control.” – Paul Walker
39. “I think that just sitting down and having casual conversation is The hardest stuff to do. But The extremes? I know what it feels like to come racing around The corner at 90 miles an hour, sliding The car sideways. I know what gear I’m hitting it in When I’m coming around The corner and where I need to downshift. So to me, that’s The fun stuff.” – Paul Walker
40. “I wish I could be behind The wheel for every stunt.” – Paul Walker
41. “I just turned 40, and it’s weird to think that I’ve been doing this almost my whole life. I was a child actor and then didn’t do it through junior high and high school, then started up again in my late teens doing ‘Young and The Restless.’ Dabbled with school, went back to college, played around. I think I was doing Pleasantville at 23.” – Paul Walker
42. “The whole thought of being a dad was scary to me.” – Paul Walker
43. “I’m into being a dad, that’s where my focus is most of The time. I’m an actor that’s my job, But it’s not my life. I have a lot of other interests too.” – Paul Walker
44. “I remember when I first came around, The computer-generated stuff was pretty wicked. I was like, ‘Wow!’ but I feel like then for The longest time, we saw so much of it, after a while, you might as well just be watching an animated movie.” – Paul Walker
45. “You know, I’m a pretty mellow guy. I’m pretty easy-going. I see everyone’s perspective.” – Paul Walker
46. “I love long-range rifle shooting. I like anything that deals with precision. I also find that with archery. On my ranch, I have my own range with 3-D targets of animals and hay bales from different distances.” – Paul Walker
47. “I love doing The action stuff. It’s soooo much fun!”
48. “I’m a science guy. I’m a geek. I love geology and botany and marine science. I thought maybe I’d be a professional guide, or maybe even a park ranger, working for The Department of Fish and Game.” – Paul Walker
49. “You know, all that really matters is that The people you love are happy and healthy. Everything else is just sprinkles on The sundae.” – Paul Walker
50. “Thing is, I went to a born-again Christian high school, was brought up in a traditional Mormon family where these ideas about parenting are of structure and sacrifice. To think outside of that idea of family and parenting that I’ve grown up with is tough But also very freeing.”
51. “If one day The speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling.” – Paul Walker.
Video: Highlights from “I am Paul Walker” Documentary
This documentary was super interesting, especially if you are a fan of Paul’s. You can rent or watch it online.
So there you have 51 interesting and varied quotes from Paul Walker. Although his life was cut tragically short at the age of 40, he had a full life which he shared with many people.
We, the public, were blessed to witness a small part of it as he was an actor for almost his whole life.
Image Credit: “Paul Walker dead- Investigators look at speed, crash impact” by dfirecop is licensed under CC BY-ND 2.0