As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Sometimes we fake a smile because we are being disingenuous and trying to appear friendly when we are upset with someone. Other times, we may feel down and depressed and just want to put on a happy face to fake like we are doing okay when we really feel bad and depressed inside.
In any case, faking a smile ALWAYS means we are hiding our emotions!
Faking a Smile Quotes
- “I can’t really act the way I want to act, or say what I want to say all the time. And a lot of times, I cover that up with a smile.” – Hilary Duff
- “I was glad my father was an eye-smiler. It meant he never gave me a fake smile, because it’s impossible to make your eyes twinkle if you aren’t feeling twinkly yourself. A mouth-smile is different. You can fake a mouth-smile any time you want, simply by moving your lips. I’ve also learned that a real mouth-smile always has an eye-smile to go with it, so watch out, I say, when someone smiles at you with his mouth but the eyes stay the same. It’s sure to be bogus.” – Roald Dahl
- “Here I was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smiles. Same old tired, lonely place.” – Taylor Swift
- “A fake smile can only be put for some time. Because they are easily detected and disclosed.” – Saad Wakeel
- “I smile not for that I am happy, but sometimes I smile to hide sadness.” – Rahim Chamkanai
- “It’s getting harder and harder to wear a fake smile everyday because the more I wear it the more I know how much of a lie it is.” – Jack Davenport
- “Smile, even if it’s fake. Laugh, even if you hurt. Don’t let anyone get to you, you’re beautiful regardless of what anyone says to you.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “Hide all your problems behind your sweetest smile. Because there is no one to help you out in your problems. You alone have to face it. So face it with smile.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “I’d rather have a fake smile than a nasty stare.” – Tamara Eccleston
- “I smile not for that I am happy, but sometimes I smile to hide sadness.” — Rahim Chamkanai
- “I hide hurt behind a fake smile. I wear it all the time. Everyone says how I always look so cheerful. Shows what they know, I guess.” — Ellen Hopkins
- “Plastic people flashing fake smiles at a pretend world.” — Steven James
- “I despise the rituals of fake friendship. I wish we could just claw each other’s eyes out and call it a day; instead, we put on huge radiant smiles and spout compliments until our teeth hurt from the saccharine sweetness of it all.” — Jody Gehrman
- “A Fake Smile can prevent something bad from happening, but it can also create further misunderstandings.” — Saadat Khan
- “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” — Nhat Hanh
- “The smiles of the unhappiest are often the widest.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Genuine happiness is not nearly as common as a fake smile.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Fake a smile. No one knows you’re broken.” ― Demi Lovato
- “It wasn’t a good fake smile. You could always tell when she was faking, because she didn’t look friendly; she looked like she was going to throw up.”
- ― Rick Yancey, The Last Star
- “All smiles for the camera are fake.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Yes I can smile, but it’s so easy to fake it. Yes I can act like I’m happy, but inside I’m falling apart. Yes I can pretend like everything is ok, but in reality I’m broken.” ― Ester Escalante
- “Thinking before writing how I feel. That’s how I’m able to write all the lies and wrongs. How else can one write something like a fake smile ?” ― Muhammad Faizan Khan
- “Either vent out whatever is boiling inside you and extinguish that fire that is burning your soul and heart or keep quiet with deliveries of fake smiles and live your whole life as a pyre. Choose wisely !” ― Spriha Kant
If you landed on this page, we suspect you are either hiding your emotions or upset with someone else that is hiding theirs.
We hope your day improves
PS – here are some quotes to remind you that life is short – so be sure to read them and enjoy your day!