As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Audrey Hepburn was born in 1926 in Belgium. She was a very talented actress and the most beautiful of her time. She was featured in several films thus winning awards such as Oscar, and more. Hepburn combined her compassion and wiseness to leave the world as a better place.
After her actress roles in the 1960s, she focused as a humanitarian helping the underprivileged worldwide via UNICEF. Audrey was outstanding, she could speak many languages including French, English, Dutch, German, Spanish, and Italian.
She lived her life to the best and took each day as it came. She was able to come up with great quotes on beauty, success, life, inspiration, wisdom, happiness, and more. All of her quotes will leave you inspired and be in a position to view things from a different perspective.
Audrey Hepburn Quotes
Here are some of the most memorable Audrey Hepburn quotes:
1. “I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.”– Audrey Hepburn
2. “Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”– Audrey Hepburn
3. “The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.”– Audrey Hepburn
4. “I have learnt how to live… how to be in the world and of the world, and not just to stand aside and watch.”– Audrey Hepburn
5. “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”– Audrey Hepburn
6. “The greatest victory has been to be able to live with myself, to accept my shortcomings… I’m a long way from the human being I’d like to be. But I’ve decided I’m not so bad after all.”– Audrey Hepburn
7. “Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it.”– Audrey Hepburn
8. “If we are meant to “love thy neighbor as theyself,” then surely we should love the world’s children as our own.”– Audrey Hepburn
9. “Not to live for the day, that would be materialistic — but to treasure the day. I realize that most of us live on the skin, on the surface, without appreciating just how wonderful it is simply to be alive at all.”– Audrey Hepburn
10. “I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people’s minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.”–Audrey Hepburn
11. ” If I get married, I want to be very married.”– Audrey Hepburn
12. “I was born with something that appealed to an audience at that particular time…I acted instinctively. I’ve had one of the greatest schools of all – a whole row of great, great directors.”– Audrey Hepburn
13. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.”– Audrey Hepburn
14. “A quality education has the power to transform societies in a single generation, provide children with the protection they need from the hazards of poverty, labor exploitation and disease, and given them the knowledge, skills, and confidence to reach their full potential.”– Audrey Hepburn
15. “You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you.”–Audrey Hepburn
16. “We all want to be loved, don’t we? Everyone looks for a way of finding love. It’s a constant search for affection in every walk of life.”– Audrey Hepburn
17. “There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl’s complexion.”– Audrey Hepburn
18. “Let’s face it, a nice creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people; it does for me.”– Audrey Hepburn
19. “The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.”– Audrey Hepburn
20. “I tried always to do better: saw always a little further. I tried to stretch myself.”– Audrey Hepburn
21. “Whatever a man might do, whatever misery or heartache your children might give you – and they give you a lot – however much your parents irritate you – it doesn’t matter because you love them.”– Audrey Hepburn
22. “I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.”– Audrey Hepburn
23. “The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”– Audrey Hepburn
24. “Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering – because you can’t take it in all at once.”– Audrey Hepburn
25. “Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you’re exactly the same.”– Audrey Hepburn
26. “I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and… I believe in miracles.”– Audrey Hepburn
27. “I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I’d invented it, because it is very true. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”–Audrey Hepburn
28. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”– Audrey Hepburn
29. “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.”– Audrey Hepburn
30. “You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you.”–Audrey Hepburn
31. “If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhilenesses I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, not my miscarriages or my father leaving home, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough.”– Audrey Hepburn
32. “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”– Audrey Hepburn
33. “There must be something wrong with those people who think Audrey Hepburn doesn’t perspire, hiccup, or sneeze, because they know that’s not true. In fact, I hiccup more than most.’– Audrey Hepburn
34. “Your heart just breaks, that’s all. But you can’t judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.”– Audrey Hepburn
35. “My own life has been much more than a fairy tale. I’ve had my share of difficult moments, but whatever difficulties I’ve gone through, I’ve always gotten the prize at the end.”– Audrey Hepburn
36. “It’s that wonderful old-fashioned idea that others come first and you come second. This was the whole ethic by which I was brought up. Others matter more than you do, so don’t fuss, dear; get on with it.”– Audrey Hepburn
37. “Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn’t help if you’re ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.”– Audrey Hepburn
38. “When the chips are down, you are alone, and loneliness can be terrifying. Fortunately, I’ve always had a chum I could call. And I love to be alone. It doesn’t bother me one bit. I’m my own company.”–Audrey Hepburn
39. “Giving is living. If you stop wanting to give, there’s nothing more to live for.”– Audrey Hepburn
40. “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.”– Audrey Hepburn
41. “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”– Audrey Hepburn
42. “Nothing is impossible; the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”– Audrey Hepburn
43. “Look, whenever I hear or read I’m beautiful, I simply don’t understand it … I’m certainly not beautiful in any conventional way. I didn’t make my career on beauty.”– Audrey Hepburn
44. “You have to look at yourself objectively. Analyze yourself like an instrument. You have to be absolutely frank with yourself. Face your handicaps, don’t try to hide them. Instead, develop something else.”– Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn Video – Opening Scene from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
This clip celebrates the style and elegance of Blake Edwards, with the famous opening scene of Breakfast at Tiffany’s. This delightful movie featured Blake Edwards, Audrey Hepburn (wearing Givenchy) & Henri Mancini. Some consider it a perfect comedy
Audrey Hepburn’s life was great and memorable in all aspects. You can tell that from her witty quotes and personality. Hepburn was tenderhearted and as a humanitarian, she was able to spend a considerable amount of time assisting underprivileged women and children.
From her quotes, you can’t get enough as they keep you inspired in all dimensions of life. Her knowledge and work make the globe better and will remain to be her legacy.
The above collection of quotes about Audrey Hepburn gives you lessons that you should incorporate into your life and on a daily basis for a sucessful life.
Image Credit: MGM, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons