As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. is an American politician who served as the 47th Vice President of the United States from 2009 to 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, he represented Delaware as a U.S. Senator from 1973 to 2009.
During his decades in office, Joe Biden has made many statements that have sounded odd, bizarre or even offensive. Biden has even described himself as a “gaffe machine.” In the quote collection we have put together for our readers, we have a wide variety of quotes that capture things Joe has said over the years.
Joe Biden Funny Quotes
In this video, Joe Biden speaks to Mike Allen on “Axios on HBO” in a 2019 interview. He says that his stuttering is not the cause of his verbal missteps. Whether you like Joe, or don’t like him, or are unsure, this video is worth a watch!
Joe Biden Racist Quotes
Joe has made some cringe-worthy comments over the years that have been described as racist. These are a few of them.
- “Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.” – Joe Biden
- “It turns out corruption is a feature of this economic agenda, not a bug. You know, he’s gon na pick his wealthy friends, his corporate cronies over working families every time, we’re already seeing the tell-tale hallmarks of Trumponomics in the way he is implementing the crisis response efforts : no strings, no oversight, no accountability.” – Joe Biden
- Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.” –Joe Biden
- “You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” (That’s in reference to President Obama.) — Joe Biden
- “Unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly diverse attitudes about different things.” — Joe Biden
- “In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.” — Joe Biden
- “I spent last summer going through the Black sections of my town, holding rallies in parks, trying to get Black men to understand it is not unmanly to wear a condom, getting women to understand they can say no, getting people in the position where testing matters. I got tested for AIDS. I know Barack got tested for AIDS.” — Joe Biden
- “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.” — Joe Biden
- “I organized a civil rights boycott because they wouldn’t serve black kids. One of our football players was black and we went there, and they said they wouldn’t serve him. And I said to the others, ‘Hey, we can’t go in there.’ So, we all left.” — Joe Biden appears to have made up a claim about organizing a boycott of a segregated restaurant
- “When I marched in the Civil Rights movement, I did not march with a 12-point program, I marched with tens of thousands of others to change attitudes, and we changed attitudes.” — Joe Biden appears to have lied about marching with the Civil Rights movement
- “You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent.” — Joe Biden
- “By the way, what you all know but most people don’t know, unlike the African-American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.” — Joe Biden8) “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” — Joe Biden on Barack Obama. (See Barack Obama Quotes for more).
- “Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point.” — Joe Biden on busing and desegregation.
- “They’re gonna put y’all back in chains.” — Joe Biden telling black Americans Republicans would put them back in chains.
Joe Biden Gaffes Quotes
Here are just a few of Joe’s gaffes. Many are quite funny!
- “A man I’m proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States – Barack America!”
- “You know, I’m embarrassed. Do you know the web site number?” — Joe Biden, who in 2009, seemed to think the Internet worked like a phone.
- “Guess what, the cheerleaders in college are the best athletes in college. You think, I’m joking, they’re almost all gymnasts, the stuff they do on hard wood, it blows my mind.” — Joe Biden
- “You’re full of sh*t!…Don’t be such a horse’s *ss.” — Joe Biden’s hostile response to a factory worker who said he was trying to end the Second Amendment.
Joe Biden Quotes
- “I’m working with Bernie Sanders and with Bernie Sanders people. And so, and we’ve made some changes. We’ve listened to Bernie Sanders supporters and, you know, for example, we have Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez, Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez is on one of the panels.”– Joe Biden
- “I’m following the rules, the President should follow the rules instead of showing up in places without masks and the whole thing.” – Joe Biden
- “Any dollar that goes to someone that does not merit it under the law, any dollar taken corruptly, we will find it, we will come get it and we will punish the wrongdoers, that should start tomorrow. But if it doesn’t, it will start on January 20, 2021.” – Joe Biden
- “Let me issue a warning right now to anyone who participates in the corrupt giveaways of President Trump and his administration.” – Joe Biden
- “I can hardly wait to get President Trump on Zoom on a debate stage.” – Joe Biden
- We’re going to unite this party and unite this country.– Joe Biden
- “You’re a damn liar, man. That’s not true, and no one has ever said that. You see it on the TV, I know you do. And by the way, that’s why I’m not sedentary. I get up and… Look, the reason I’m running is because I’ve been around a long time and I know more than most people. And I can get things done. That’s why I’m running. And you wanna check my shape, let’s do push-ups together, man. Let’s run, let’s do whatever you wanna do. Let’s take an IQ test. Look, fat, look. Here’s the deal. Any other questions?” — Joe Biden to a voter he was upset with.
Joe Biden Video
See also James Monroe Quotes
Joe Biden ran for president with Kamala Harris as his Vice-Presidential Candidate in 2020. The election was the most intense in American History and the count was not finalized on Election Day and continued to go on for many days afterwards. Donald Trump alleged there were voting irregularities and Fraud. (See Donald Trump Quotes). Biden ultimately went on to win the Oval Office and will be the 46th President of the United States when he is sworn in in January 2021.