When we see a pretty face or exquisite beauty in nature, we can’t help but be moved by it. Although the pleasure we receive from such physical aesthetics may be temporary, the happy feelings we experience are genuine.
Many people associate art and physical appearance with aesthetics. However, they are unrelated since beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder.
To help you appreciate beauty and read what great minds have to say about it, we have compiled some of the most amazing positive aesthetic quotes for you.
Here Are Some of the Best Positive Aesthetic Quotes for You to Enjoy
1. “Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
2. “Nothing’s perfect; the world’s not perfect. But it’s there for us, trying the best it can; that’s what makes it so damn beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa, Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1
3. “In the life of the individual, an aesthetic sensibility is both more authentic and more commendable than a political or religious one.” ― Tom Robbins
4. “Fascism is fundamentally and at bottom an aesthetic conception, and . . . it is your function as creators of beautiful things to portray with the greatest efficacy the sublime beauty and inevitable reality of the Fascist ideal.” ― Louis de Bernières, Corelli’s Mandolin
5. “God’s pleasure–the beauty creation possesses in his regard–underlies the distinct being of creation, and so beauty is the first and truest word concerning all that appears within the being; beauty is the showing of what is; God looked upon what he had wrought and saw that it was good.” ― David Bentley Hart, The Beauty of the Infinite: The Aesthetics of Christian Truth
6. “To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches – a Sherlock Holmes Short Story
7. “Desire for beauty will endure and undermine the desire for truth.” ― Richard O. Prum, The Evolution of Beauty: How Darwin’s Forgotten Theory of Mate Choice Shapes the Animal World—And Us
8. “In the world, there exists no aesthetic plane, not even the aesthetic plane of goodness.” ― Clarice Lispector, The Passion According to G.H.
9. “It was one of God’s jokes that such a dumb mind had been put in such an eloquent body.” ― Charlaine Harris, Dead Until Dark
10. “Styles may change, details may come and go, but the broad demands of aesthetic judgment are permanent.” ― Roger Scruton
11. “Styles may change, details may come and go, but the broad demands of aesthetic judgment are permanent.” ― Roger Scruton
12. “Any great artwork… revives and readapts time and space, and the measure of its success is the extent to which it makes you an inhabitant of that world – the extent to which it invites you in and lets you breathe its strange, special air.” ― Leonard Bernstein
13. “An artist’s concern is to capture beauty wherever he finds it.” ― Kazuo Ishiguro, An Artist of the Floating World
14. “All efforts to make politics aesthetic culminate in one thing, war.” ― Walter Benjamin
15. “Color directly influences the soul. Color is the keyboard; the eyes are the hammers, and the soul is the piano with many strings. The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another purposively, to cause vibrations in the soul.” ― Wassily Kandinsky, Concerning the Spiritual in Art
16. “Art is the imposing of a pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern.” ― Alfred North Whitehead
17. “In so far as the mind sees things in their eternal aspect, it participates in eternity.” ― Baruch de Spinoza, Spinoza in der europäischen Geistesgeschichte
18. “Nothing is beautiful, only man: on this piece of naiveté rests all aesthetics; it is the first truth of aesthetics. Let us immediately add its second: nothing is ugly, but degenerate man – the domain of aesthetic judgment is therewith defined.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
19. “Beauty is strangely various. There is the beauty of light and joy and strength exulting; but there is also the beauty of shade, of sorrow and sadness, and of humility oppressed.” – Arnold Bennett
20. “Aesthetics have substantial political consequences. How one views oneself as beautiful or not beautiful or desirable or not desirable has deep consequences in terms of one’s feelings of self-worth and one’s capacity to be a political agent.” – Cornel West
21. “I hate that aesthetic game of the eye and the mind, played by these connoisseurs, these mandarins who “appreciate” beauty. What is beauty, anyway? There’s no such thing. I never “appreciate,” any more than I “like.” I love, or I hate.” – Pablo Picasso
22. “Refinement creates beauty everywhere: it is the grossness of the spectator that discovers nothing but grossness in the object.” ― William Hazlitt
23. “Desire for beauty will endure and undermine the desire for truth.” – Richard O. Prum
24. “Styles may change, details may come and go, but the broad demands of aesthetic judgment are permanent.” – Roger Scruton
25. “All aesthetic judgment is really cultural evaluation.” – Susan Sontag
26. “After a certain high level of technical skill is achieved, science and art tend to coalesce in aesthetics, plasticity, and form. The greatest scientists are artists as well.” – Albert Einstein
27. “It’s better to have a hunger and appreciation for beauty than to be merely beautiful. In the end, life is richer that way. She may learn that.” – Susan Vreeland
28. “We all appreciated a certain aesthetic, and with that appreciation came a certain stylized presence.” – Amber Heard
29. “I think it’s more accurate to think of aesthetics as a key ingredient in a recipe, as opposed to the icing on the cake.” ― Stephen P. Anderson
30. “I will try to account for the degree of my aesthetic emotion. That, I conceive, is the function of the critic.” – Clive Bell
31. “I think sincerity was my sole aesthetic and realism my experimental technique.” – Edmund White
32. “When I think of art, I think of beauty. Beauty is the mystery of life. It is not in the eye; it is in the mind. In our minds, there is awareness of perfection.” – Agnes Martin
33. “I suppose there are a lot of reasons to be jaded or sarcastic or bitter in life, but I hang on to the reasons why life is beautiful.” – Kelli O’Hara
34. “Life is abundant, and life is beautiful. And it’s a good place that we’re all in, you know, on this earth, if we take care of it.” – Alice Walker
35. “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.” – Earl Nightingale
36. “Peace is the beauty of life. It is sunshine. It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, and the togetherness of a family. It is the advancement of man, the victory of a just cause, the triumph of truth.” – Menachem Begin
37. “To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” – Osho
38. “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
39. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
40. “To so enter into it in nature and art that the enjoyed meanings of life may become a part of living in the attitude of aesthetic appreciation.” – George Herbert Mead
41.“Design is a way of life, a point of view. It involves the whole complex of visual communications: talent, creative ability, manual skill, and technical knowledge. Aesthetics and economics, technology and psychology, are intrinsically related to the process.” – Paul Rand
Today, we are talking about art and aesthetic appreciation. What makes something an artwork? Can art really be defined? Is the aesthetic value objective or subjective? Can taste be developed? How?
Positive aesthetics strongly affect our brain and can make us instantly happy. Although every person perceives beauty differently, everyone can appreciate the natural beauty and craftsmanship of a talented artist. While some people may find natural physical appearances extremely attractive, others may try to emulate another person’s look to align with their idea of beauty.
With these positive aesthetic quotes, we hope you learned that every person in the world has their own perception and understanding of beauty. For more articles related to beauty, click on any of the following links.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.