Kakashi Hatake is a famed ninja of the Naruto manga and anime series. As a small child, he was seen as a prodigy and quickly rose up the ranks to become the most talented and accomplished ninja of his generation. Known Kakashi of the Sharingan, he uses his advanced technology artificial eye to survey his surroundings carefully for threats. His skill at anticipating and reacting to perceived threats is extraordinary,
Kakashi is respected despite his personal dislike of holding a position of authority. He teaches and leads because of his sense of duty, talent, and skill, not because he wants to be in a leadership position.
When Kakashi was young, his father committed suicide after being shamed for abandoning his duty to save his comrades. Kakashi develops a strong commitment to ninja rules and an unbreakable dedication to duty. Although he is often difficult to work with because of his dedication and his dislike of leading, he is a strong and committed shinobi who eventually becomes the 6th Hokage (6th Fire Shadow, the leader of his village).
The 50 Kakashi Hatake quotes below offer a view of his personality and his sense of duty. Enjoy them as you think about Kakashi and what he can teach us about living with honor in our own lives.
- “Hello Students, today I got lost on the road of life.”
- “To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of A coward.”
- “The hole in one’s heart gets filled by others around you. Friends won’t flock to someone who abandons the memory of his Friends and gives up on the world just because things don’t go the way he wants them to. That won’t help fill the hole in your heart. And people won’t help those who run away and do nothing. As long as you don’t give up, there will always be salvation.”
- “I’m Telling You This Because You Don’t Get It. You Think You Get It, Which Is Not The Same As Actually Getting It. Get It?”
- “They say that the nail that sticks up is the one that gets hammered down.”
- “If comrades that you trust gather around you, hope can take physical form and become visible. That`s what I believe…”
- “To abandon your duty is not courageous.”
- “I’ve been around longer than you have, kid. And I’ve seen my share of troubles. You’re not the only one who knows what it’s like to lose somebody. It looks like neither of us has led A charming life, have we? Still, it’s not that bad. At least you and I have been lucky enough to find new comrades to help fill the void.”
- “If I’m Still Sane By The Time I Finish Their Training, It’ll Be A Miracle!”
- “Sorry, I knew you wouldn’t want to sit still for A lecture, so I figured I’d have to pin you down.”
- “In society, those who don’t have many abilities tend to complain more.”
- “I don’t care if you are one of the legendary Sannin, the great shinobi of legend, I swear take one more step towards Sasuke and one of us will die here!”
- “The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It’s one of those never-ending cycles in life.”
- “Hmmm…How Do I Put This? My First Impression Of This Group…You’re A Bunch Of Idiots!”
- “In the shinobi world, those that break the written and unwritten rules are deemed trash… but be that as it may… Those that would disregard their comrades so easily are even worse than trash. And those who don’t have the decency to respect the memories of their comrades are the worst.”
- “Sasuke, I don’t like to repeat myself, but I’ll say this one more time, you must forget about revenge.”
- “My, you guys have certainly become stronger.”
- “Some people want power and they get mad when they don’t get it. They take their fury out on everyone else. You don’t want it, it becomes you.”
- “Naruto has A mysterious power…even without saying much, he can become Friends with anyone quickly.”
- “Sorry I’m late guys, A black cat crossed my path so I had to go the long way.”
- “While I’d like to act cool and say, “You go on ahead,” I won’t be able to hold him off by myself.”
- “I miss the cute students who’d react to every little thing I say.”
- “I won’t allow my comrades to die. I’ll protect you with my life. Trust me.”
- “I’m Hatake Kakashi. Things I like and things I hate? I don’t feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future? Never really thought about that. As for my hobbies… I have lots of hobbies.”
- “That’s A stupid question.”
- “This place makes me think about the mistakes I’ve made in the past… and I’ve made A lot.”
- “Can you sense it? You are always before his eyes, inspiring him. You make him strong, you do know that, don’t you, Sasuke?”
- “The people from this village are different from your average village. Even if it means dying, there’s not A single one of us, who would sell out A comrade.”
- “Leaf Village Secret-Finger Justu…1,000 Years of Death!!!”
- “Behind this mask is…Another mask! Pretty cool, huh?”
- “I don’t know what this boy means to you, Gai, but I shouldn’t have to tell you that we never bring our personal feelings into play. I didn’t think you were capable of it.”
- “I really am… shinobi trash. But the one thing I still learned is this. That void is something that everyone helps you fill. Just because you face adversity and hardships, is no reason to give up on this world. A person willing to throw away all those memories… of their Friends and comrades, will never find peace of mind. Resorting to something like that isn’t going to bury that hole. If you persevere and endure, someone will be there to support you!”
- “Sasuke, there’s more to you than just your clan…more than just hatred. Take another look…deep inside your heart.”
- “Naruto, it’s nice that you removed the poison so spiritedly, but you’ll bleed to death if you lose any more blood… Seriously…”
- “A ninja must see underneath the underneath.”
- “Like the fate of the two who founded the village of Konoha… Naruto and Sasuke…your fates are like theirs.”
- “Look, It Takes A Lot To Get Me Worked Up, But This Time My Boiling Point’s As Low As It’s Ever Been. The ‘Copy Ninja’ Kakashi, The Man Who Copied One Thousand Techniques Is About To Go On A Rampage!”
- “I will show you my own move.”
- “Every Day, I Eat, I Sleep, I Worry About Stupid Things. My Job Is To Make Sure These Kids Have As Many Days As They Can Where They Can Be Idiots Like This.”
- “No matter how far Orochimaru fell, he still loved him… Now I know how the Third Hokage felt.”
- “I also have important things that I want to protect, as A shinobi.”
- “Because you’re the only shinobi in the world who can surpass the Fourth. That’s what I believe.”
- “Gai…what I said earlier…I was out of line. I was being A self-righteous fool. I realize now that if I’d been in your shoes, I probably couldn’t have stopped him, either.”
- “They’re No Longer Your Students, They’re My Soldiers Now!”
- “Forget about revenge. The fate of those who seek revenge is grim. It’s tragic, You will end up suffering and hurting yourself even more. Even if you do succeed in getting revenge, the only thing that remains is emptiness.”
- “You’ve become as strong…if not stronger than me.””Naruto, it’s nice that you removed the poison so spiritedly, but you’ll bleed to death if you lose any more blood… Seriously…”
- “In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, that’s true, but those who abandon their Friends are worse than scum.”
- “A cute girl stopped me on the way, so I danced.”
- “Don’t look away. When you live like A shinobi, this is how it ends.”
- “Trust me, for those who follow the path of revenge, it never ends well. You’ll only tear yourself apart. and even if you succeed with your revenge, what would you have then…nothing, emptiness.”
Video – Why Kakashi Hates Boruto
Have you ever wondered why Kakashi hates Boruto? Watch this video and find out why!
In short, Kakashi has had enough of the new generation at the academy calling him out for being “soft.” Boruto is behind all of this and Boruto becomes his enemy in his mind at least. Watch the video and see why Kakashi is still the best teacher in the world of Naruto.
Kakashi Hatake is a fictional character with many real-life virtues and faults. You don’t have to be a shinobi to be dedicated to your duty and promise to care for those around you.
We all have strengths and weaknesses. Use these 50 Kakashi quotes to build up your strengths and diminish your weaknesses.
Related: Madara Uchiha Quotes
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.