As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Shinichiro Watanabe’s award-winning sci-fi anime television series has entertained many since 1998. It is set in the future year 2071, where the adventurous bounty hunting crew of the Bebop spacecraft travel about.
This western – noir style animated feature provides invaluable life lessons like how to deal with that which the world throws our way. Making it an ideal tool to use when facing certain situations out of one’s control.
Our list of 50 Memorable Cowboy Bebop Quotes include ones from Jet, Faye, and Spike, as well as other notable characters. They provide insight into the individuals and their somewhat quirky personalities.
Cowboy Bebop Quotes
Whether you’re looking for a good laugh or daily guidance, these quotes will help you to get through.
1. “Once, there was a tiger striped cat. This cat, died a million deaths, revived and lived a million lives. And he had various owners that he didn’t really care about, the cat wasn’t afraid to die. Then ONE day, he met a white female cat, the two of them fell in love and lived together happily. Well, the years went by and the white female cat got old and passed away. The Tiger Striped cat cried a million times, then he also died. But this time…..he didn’t come back.” — Spike
2. “You know what they say cowboy, easy come easy go.” — Faye
3. “Radical Edward’s profile, he’s a seven-foot ex-basketball pro, Hindu, guru, drag queen, alien!” — Jet
4. “Not going there to die.” — Spike
5. “is such a hard thing. I’m so puzzled by concept of loneliness, because I Realize that many people who become enlightened, do it through being themselves and in solitude. But on the other hand, human connection and physical touch is one of the most basic human needs.” — Faye
6. “Men always seem to think about their past before they die, as though they were frantically searching for proof that they truly lived.” — Jet
7. “There are three things I hate the most: Kids, pets, and women with attitude. So tell me, why do we have all of them packed into our ship!?” — Spike
8. “You know the first rule in combat? Shoot them before they shoot you.” — Faye
9. “You were always there for me, and that’s all I needed. Just you. For some reason, I didn’t feel sad or broken up, it just didn’t seem real. But slowly I realized it was real – that you were gone. And little by little, I slowly felt something inside me go numb.” — Jet “What’s wrong? Lose your nerve? You started out so fearlessly. Go on. Pull the trigger.” — Vincent
10. “oh well… whatever happens, happens” — Spike
11. “Those Earthlings are weird. ” — Faye
12. “Everything has a beginning and an end. life is just a cycle of starts and stops. There are ends we don’t desire, but they’re inevitable. We have to face them. It’s what being human is all about.” — Jet
13. “What’s wrong? Lose your nerve? You started out so fearlessly. Go on. Pull the trigger.” — Vincent
14. “Food, glorious food.” — Ed
15. “Angels banished from heaven have no choice but to become devils.” — Vicious
16. “You can’t tell the age of a woman by looking at her.” — Jet
17. “You really are Radical Edward!” — Faye
18. “I don’t think so. I blow the bounty if I blow you away.” — Spike
19. “Back then when I got home from work, you were always there waiting for me. And that was all I needed. Just you. But on that day, when I came back home the only thing there was that pocket watch; that and a small piece of paper that just had one word written across it: farewell. For some reason, I didn’t feel sad or broken up—it just didn’t seem real. But slowly I realized that it was real; that you were gone. And little by little I felt something inside of me go numb. After six months I made a kind of bet with myself; a pledge, that I would leave this planet and start a new life if you didn’t return by the time the watch stopped. I didn’t come here to blame you, I…I just wanted to know why. Why you disappeared like that.” — Jet
20. “That’s just how you were back then, you decided everything; in the end you were always right. When I was there with you I never had to do anything for myself. All I had to do was to hang onto your arm like a child without a care in the world. I wanted to live my own life; make my own decisions, even if they were terrible mistakes.” Elisa
21. “Listen, I don’t have time to screw around with you guys.” — Spike
22. “You’re gonna take the entire world down with you — but why? That’s insane.” — Faye
23. “So that’s the story. and what was the real lesson? Don’t leave things in the fridge.” — Spike
24. “I don’t recommend the Calabar beans. They are used to see if your wife is cheating on you. The innocent eat at once; they choke and spit them out. But the guilty eat cautiously, slowly, which makes the poison work. Soon, she is crying out in pain. That’s how you can tell.” — Rasheed
25. “Thanks, but I’m not married.” — Spike
26. “A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.” — Laughing Bull
27. “You think so? Is there an indelible line dividing sanity from insanity — Or do they change, one into the other at the slightest change of events? We’ll find out soon enough. If the world itself is insane.” — Vincent
28. “A star just fell from the sky.” — Kid
29. “Well I won’t be on the run. I’ll just wait, there at my tavern, for Rhint.” Elisa
30. “Germ girl. Faye-Faye stay ‘way-‘way.” — Ed
31. “Don’t you get it? I’m gonna SPLATTER GRANDMA.” — Robber D.
32. “That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior.” — Laughing Bull
33. “Lesson lesson. If you see a stranger, follow him.” — Ed
34. “I have no fear of death. It just means dreaming in silence. A dream that lasts for eternity.” — Vincent
35. “The past is the past and the future is the future. A man is a man and a woman is a woman. The present is the present. I am who I am and you are who you are. That’s all there is to it. Does it really matter? Or do we just think it does?” — Faye
36. “I don’t think you’ll be waiting very long. Because time never stands still. Ya know?” — Jet
37. “Oh, great. A bored little army.” — Spike
38. “Humans are meant to work and sweat to earn a living. Those that try to get rich quick or live at the expense of others, all get divine retributions somewhere along the line. That’s the lesson. Unfortunately we quickly forget the lessons we learned. And then we have to learn them all over again.” — Jet
39. “Hi amigos! All you bad bounty hunters, how y’all doing?” — Punch
40. “I am just looking for a door to open.” — Vincent
41. “Master, you see it? I was fluid like water.” — Rocco
42. “And our servers gone down from all the e-complaints. You know there’s a movement out there to sue the company for damages.” — Gate Corp Lackey
43. “Once again it’s time for Big Shot!” — Judy
44. “I was dreaming, and I knew it was a dream. And yet, I couldn’t open my eyes. You know what I mean? From that time, when I was on Titan, it’s been like that, always.” — Vincent
45. “Well, that’s a real shame. But, we’re not cops and we’re not from some charity organization. Sorry lady, we don’t protect or serve. This is strictly business.” — Spike
46. “They say hunger is the best spice.” — Spike
47. “He was a beast who lost his fangs; that’s why he had to die, Spike. And that’s why you have to die…” — Spike
48. “Remember, this could be a trap; a continuation of the game.” — Jet
49. “Either you give me the money you took or I put a hole right through your brain!” — Jonathan
50. “Really — As usual, for a 125,000-Woolong criminal, there were too many risks involved. Bounty hunting is harder than just that. Before I teamed up with you, I lead quite a normal life.” — Jet
Cowboy Bebop Video – Opening Theme
This is a clip of the show introduction. If you haven’t seen the show, we hope it inspires you to watch it and have some fun today!
It’s easy to see why so many people love watching Cowboy Beebop, from Spikes unpredictable manner to Faye’s feistiness. This show is not only thought-provoking but puts things in a whole new perspective as well.
No matter the situation they faced, they always kept a level head and forward tread through life. Even in the face of danger, these heroic futuristic beings would overcome and conquer. If you too, find yourself facing life’s obstacles, go back and reflect upon the underlying message of said quote.