Sometimes it’s hard to let go of things that are bothering you. It doesn’t matter if you are going through a loss because of the end of a relationship, the loss of a job, or even a relative or friend. It’s important to try your best to let go of your pain. You don’t want it to build up to a point where it stresses you out. It is important to move on with your life so things can get better. Here are some quotes about letting go.
Letting Go Quotes
1. Some birds are not meant to be caged. Their feathers are too bright, their songs are too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them, they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure. – by Stephen King
2. Incredible things can happen in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t. – by Steve Maraboli
3. Sometimes letting go is greater than defending or hanging on. – by Eckhart Tolle (A New Earth)
4. Intelligence consists in ignoring things that aren’t relevant. – by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
5. The truth is, if you don’t let go, forgive yourself, forgive the situation, or realize the situation is over, you can’t move forward. – by Steve Maraboli
6. In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will also find yourself. – by Deepak Chopra
7. There are times when it takes heartbreak to shake us, wake us up, and help us see that we are worth more than we’re settling for. – by Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, And A Dash Of Sass
8. If letting go, and letting people and things work themselves out in the way that they needed to without your help was the most important thing, than it was also the hardest. – by Deb Caletti, The Six Rules Of Maybe
9. If you want to forget something or someone, don’t hate it or him or her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart. If you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you can’t hate. – by C. Joybell C.
10. Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself. – by Deborah Reber
11. Let go of becoming, but never let go of taking action. Stop expecting and start living. – by Maxime Lagace
12. A rational person can find peace by cultivating indifference to things out of their control. – by Naval Ravikant
13. Forget the things that hurt, but always remember what they taught you. – by Shannon L. Alder
14. Every woman that has finally figured out her worth has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change. – by Shannon L. Alder
15. When someone you love says goodbye, you can look long and hard at the door they closed and forget to see all the doors God has open in front of you. – by Shannon L. Alder
16. Don’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you’re in, but if you never take a chance and get out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean or sea. Holding on to something that’s only good for now may be the reason you don’t have something better. – by C. Joybell C.
17. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you may as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed already. – by J.K. Rowling
18. Some people think that holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes more strength to know when to let go and then do it. – by Ann Landers
19. Never waste valuable time, or mental peace of mind, on the affairs of others – that is too high a price to pay. – by Robert Greene
Related: Robert Greene’s 48 Laws of Power Quotes
20. There are two ways to be. One is at war with reality and the other is at peace. – by Byron Katie
21. Some people think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. – by Herman Hesse
22. People keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because they are curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. – by Walt Disney
23. A bridge can still be built, while the bitter waters are flowing beneath. – by Anthony Liccione
24. When people think someone has hurt them in the past, they build up defenses to protect themselves from being hurt again. So the fearful past causes a fearful future and the past and future become one. They cannot love when they feel fear. When they release the fearful past and forgive everyone, they will experience total love and oneness with all. – by Gerald G. Jampolsky
25. There is no such thing as a broken family. Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption papers. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you. – by C. Joybell C.
26. You should let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity, and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow. – by Tony Schwartz
27. The only thing a person can never really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and move on to the future. – by Alyson Noel
28. It’s not possible to embrace the new relationship, the new companion, the new career, the new friend, or the new life you want while you’re still holding on to the baggage of the last one. Let go and allow yourself to embrace what is waiting for you right at your feet. – by Steve Maraboli
29. If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down. – by Amit Ray
30. Most things are forgotten over time. Even the war itself, the life-and-death struggle people went through is now like something from the distant past. People are so caught up in their everyday lives that events of the past are no longer in orbit around their minds. There are just too many things to think about everyday, too many new things to learn. No matter how much time passes, no matter what takes place in the interim, there are some things people can never assign to oblivion, memories people can never rub away. They will remain with us forever like a touchstone. – by Haruki Murakami
31. Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what happened yesterday. Realize the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it. Let the past go. A simply abundant world awaits. – by Sarah Breathnach
32. Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future. – by Daphne Rose Kingma
33. The power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done. – by Robert Downey, Jr.
34. Don’t focus on what went wrong. Focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer. – by Denis Waitley
35. If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. – by Henry Ford
36. What happens when you let go, when your strength leaves you and you sink into darkness, when there’s nothing that you or anyone else can do, no matter how desperate you are, no matter how you try? Perhaps it’s then, when you have neither pride nor power, that you are saved, brought to an unimaginably great reward. – by Mark Halperin
37. Love is never supposed to hurt. Love is supposed to heal, to be your haven for misery, to make living worthwhile. – by Mia Asher, Arsen: A Broken Love Story
38. There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this. – by Terry Pratchett
39. A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you. And then you have to put it back into the sky. And it’s the most painful thing you’ll ever have to do and that you’ve ever done. But what’s yours is yours. Whether it’s up in the sky or here in your hands. And one day it’ll fall from the sky and hit you in the head really hard and that time, you won’t have to put it back in the sky again. – by C. Joybell C.
40. If people refuse to look at you in a new light and can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made. If they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, they have to go. – by Steve Maraboli
Hopefully these Quotes will help you with Letting Go this week
Letting go of what’s bothering you can be a very difficult challenge for some people. The pain may be too much to tolerate and you may need some help dealing with it. The sooner we attempt to get over the pain, the easier it will be to live a normal and happy life. It is important to let pain go so you will be open to letting happiness enter your life.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.