As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Beginning a new chapter in life is a welcome, yet startling change which leads to the betterment and discovery of self.
Whether venturing off into the vast unknown or moving into your dream home, I am sure you’ll find our New Beginnings quotes to be of inspiration. Helping you to seek out that which is positive and open yourself up to endless possibilities. Sure, our daily habits tend to make us complacent but it’s up to us to take the first step toward a new and improved future!
Take their message and deeper meaning to heart, making note of those which resonate on a higher plane. Then the transition into your new beginning and way of life will be a more pleasant experience.
New Beginnings Quotes
1. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” — Carl Bard
2. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” — John Pierpont
3. “First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.” — Napoleon Hill
4. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” — Seneca
5. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” — Lao Tzu
6. “Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step.” — Muhammad Ali
7. “No one can ever take your memories from you – each day is a new beginning, make good memories every day.” — Catherine Pulsifer
8. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” — Guy Finley
9. “The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings.” — Dave Weinbaum
10. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
11. “And now let us welcome the new year, full of things that never were.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
12. “Don’t be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That’s only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat; you have to master yourself.” — Olga Korbut
13. “It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
14. “Every day is a fresh beginning, Every morn is the world made new.” — Sarah Chauncey Woolsey
15. “The distance is nothing; it’s only the first step that is difficult.” — Marquise du Deffand
16. “There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth… not going all the way, and not starting.” — Buddha
17. “Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.” — Prince
18. “Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.” — Demosthenes
19. “No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!” — C. JoyBell C.
20. “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” — Josiyah Martin
21. “This altered perspective can be the beginning of a fundamental and enduring change in your relationship to your feelings; you can, if all goes well, cease to be their slave.” — Robert Wright
22. “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” — Henry Ford
23. “Let’s forget the baggage of the past and make a new beginning.” — Shahbaz Sharif
24. “We are meant to keep focused for a new life, for new beginnings, for new experiences, and to use our abilities to move beyond all those things that may serve as excuses to confine us to the now.” — Byron Pulsifer
25. “No river can return to its source, yet all rivers must have a beginning.” — American Indian Proverb
26. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” — Daphne Rose Kingma
27. “The start of something new brings the hope of something great, ANYTHING is possible.” — Unknown Author
28. “Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.” — Og Mandino
29. “I discovered that a fresh start is a process. A fresh start is a journey – a journey that requires a plan.” — Vivian Jokotade
30. “No matter how hard the past is, you can always begin again.” — Buddha
31. “One paints the beginning of a certain end. The other, the end of a sure beginning.” — Maya Angelou
32. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Herman Hesse
33. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” — Joseph Campbell
34. “When faced with a large project, remember you move a mountain one stone at a time.” — Catherine Pulsifer
35. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” — Plato
36. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” — Mandy Hale
37. “You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” — Barbara Shur
38. “You need to learn from your mistakes to start a new beginning because if you stop then you will not able to accomplish your goals in life.” — Ivan Hakin
39. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” — Oprah Winfrey
40. “Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose – not the one you began with perhaps, but one you’ll be glad to remember.” — Anne Sullivan
41. “No one can ever take your memories from you – each day is a new beginning, make good memories every day.” — Catherine Pulsifer
42. “Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.” — Dale Turner
43. “Nothing is predestined. The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” — Ralph Blum
44. “Asking is the beginning of receiving. Make sure you don’t go to the ocean with a teaspoon. At least take a bucket so the kids won’t laugh at you.” — Jim Rohn
45. “Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
46. “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the water slide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” — Tina Fey
47. “The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.” — Ivy Baker Priest
48. “Everybody has geography that can be used for change that is why we travel to far-off places. Whether we know it or not we need to renew ourselves in territories that are fresh and wild. We need to come home through the body of alien lands.” — Joan Halifax
49. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” — Joseph Campbell
50. “For better, it is to make a beginning of that which may lead to something, than to engage in a perpetual struggle and pursuit in courses which have no exit.” — Francis Bacon
I selected the above 50 New Beginnings quotes for those who are seeking to broaden their horizons! To help you venture into the unknown with confidence and self-assurance toward that which makes life better.
May each one resonate on a personal level with your inner spirit and give you peace of mind about the future ahead. Hopefully these quotes will enable you the strength it takes to move forward to bigger and brighter things.