As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Life can be a challenge and hard to deal with at times. Usually you have a couple of options. You can choose to give up and let life beat you or you can push yourself and fight to improve the things that are going wrong in your life. If you quit easily, you will never be successful in life.
It is very easy to tear yourself down and tell yourself that you will never achieve anything. It takes work to convince yourself that you can succeed in life. People who are successful became that way because they refused to give up. They knew they were facing uphill battles, but they kept going anyway. And if you want to be one of them, then don’t let anyone or anything keep you from pursuing your goals!
It takes times, but you have to find a way to push yourself to complete your goal. You have to learn to push yourself because if you don’t do it, no one else will do it for you. Unfortunately, success doesn’t come looking for you. You have to look for it. Success doesn’t come to those who don’t fight for it. You have to put the work in in order to achieve great success. These quotes will help you push yourself so you can achieve what you want in life.
Push Yourself Quotes
1. “Dreams start with you. You are the dreamer. Always keep in mind that you have the strength, the patience as well as the passion to change the world as you see fit.” – by Harriet Tubman
2. “Most graduates believe that they need to gain more experience before they try something new. I don’t agree with them. I believe it is better to be inexperienced. It is better to get you now while you are willing to learn and while you still have time to understand what you learned. Once you understand what you are doing, you can take on the world.” – by Wendy Kopp
3. “I would rather work with an entry level person who has a goal than someone without a goal who will end up in an entry level position.” – by James Cash
4. “It doesn’t matter how successful you are. You will eventually hit a roadblock. The more you push yourself, the better your chances will be to succeed. Try to remember that failure is not an option.” – by Oprah Winfrey
5. “People who are convinced that you can’t succeed shouldn’t get in the way of people who are trying to prove that theory wrong.” – by George Bernard Shaw
6. “If you want to know the secret of moving up, then take this advice. If you want to move up, you have to get started on your goal. The best way to do that is by accomplishing your goals in small feats. Don’t take on too much at once.” – by Mark Twain
7. “You have to stop thinking of winning as a once in a while thing. You don’t do things once in a while. You have to do things right all of the time. You have to push yourself until it becomes second nature.” – by Vince Lombardi
8. “People tend to throw in the towel just as they are about to win. They give up just before they reach the finish line in order to keep themselves from winning the game. They let fear get in the way of winning.” – by H. Ross Perot
9. “If you’re afraid to take risks, you shouldn’t be in business.” – by Ray Kroc
10. “It is important not to be scared to take a chance at things. It is worse to never try than to fail at it. As soon as you realize what you’re good at, try your best to be the best.” – by Debi Fields
11. “People think that success is about luck. I have proven this theory wrong. You are responsible for your own luck. Successful people are the ones who show up. They don’t wait for success to come to them.” – by Steve Blank
12. “When you can’t stop thinking about what you want to do, you should pursue it. It may be the goal you have been looking for all along.” – by Josh James
13. “I had it in my mindset that I wouldn’t regret a failure. I would regret the fact that I didn’t try.” – by Jeff Bezos
14. “Accept the things that you don’t know especially when you are starting out. The things you don’t know may become your assets. Doing things this way will guarantee that you weren’t following everyone else.” – by Sara Blakely
15. “People miss out on opportunities to be successful because they consider it to be too much work.” – by Thomas Edison
16. “Leaders don’t have to rely on a time clock.” – by James Cardinal Gibbons
17. “If you are not able to fly, you can always run. If running is too much, then try walking. If walking is too difficult, then you have to try crawling. Regardless of the decision you make, you will have to keep moving.” – by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “An opportunity in business is like public transportation. There will always be another one on the way.” – by Sir Richard Branson
19. “The best thing you can do is work hard at something that is worthy of your time.” – by Theodore Roosevelt
20. “You need to be strong when you are at your lowest moment in life.” – by unknown
21. “It’s is better to be yourself than to be like anyone else.” – by Oscar Wilde
22. “It is important to believe that you can accomplish anything in order to actually do it.” – by Marie Curie
23. “Pain is a temporary feeling, but quitting will last forever.” – by Lance Armstrong
24. “The second you doubt whether you can do something, you have just sealed your fate.” – by J.M. Barrie
25. “You will never get anything in life by worrying or feeling sorry for yourself. The best thing to do is to stay positive and keep trying. Things will work out.” – by Conor McGregor
26. “Don’t be led by fear in your head. Follow the dreams in your heart.” – by Roy Bennett
27. “If you continue to strive for success, you’ll always be looking ahead. You make progress every time you accomplish a goal.” – by G-Ezy
28. “If you find yourself messing up, it means you are moving in the right direction. You are attempting to do new things. You are pushing yourself to change your life. You are trying things you have never tried before. The most important thing is you are doing something towards your goal.” – by Neil Gaiman
29. “If things aren’t challenging for you, it means you’re playing it safe. You have to give more than 100 percent. You can’t settle. You always have to do more.” – by George Balanchine
30. “You should push yourself to do better because no one will push you the way you would.” – by unknown
31. “The wall you built up in your head is designed to trick you. You should tell yourself that you could do it. You will be proud that you achieved what you set out to do.” – by Kerri Walsh
32. “If you fall down, you have to tell yourself to get back up again. You have to keep trying until you have succeeded.” – by Lindsey Vonn
33. “I believe if you force me to do something that you consider weak, I will turn it around on you. I will make it a strength and not a weakness.” – by Michael Jordan
34. “It takes a lot of strength to discover things you have never done before. It takes strength to push yourself to your limit. You have to overcome obstacles in order to get what you want.” – by Anais Nin
35. “If people in your inner circle don’t encourage you to do more, it’s time to find new people to join your circle.” – by unknown
36. “If you’re not pushing yourself, you are choosing to play it safe. If you don’t choose to do more, you are limiting yourself. You are keeping yourself from experiencing something new.” – by Dean Karnazes
37. “You can determine the outcome of anything you deal with through your thoughts. Try to keep positive thoughts in your mind and try not to let yourself be pushed in the wrong direction.” – by Iyanla Vanzant
38. “You can learn more when you are pushed out of your comfort zone.” – by Ruzwana Bashir
If you want the best in life, you have to push yourself. It may seem easier said than done, but you have to put the effort in to make yourself do what it takes to achieve your goal. The same energy it takes to be fearful can be used to push yourself or motivate yourself in order to get what you want.
These quotes can inspire you even when you are feeling down. They are designed to motivate you in to believing that you can do it. The things you want in life are on the other side of fear. If you let fear keep you from doing what you want, you will never get it. It will not happen over night.
It will take work to get your head in the right mindset to believe that you can achieve your goals. If you practice at pushing yourself, you can make your dreams a reality. You can try saying these quotes to yourself every day until you convince yourself that you can have what you want.