Jeff Bezos, whose original name is Jeffrey Preston Bezos, born on 12th January 1964, is an American entrepreneur, online retail, and technology pioneer from The United States. Bezos is also The founder and The CEO of worldwide technology and retail giant Amazon.com. With a net worth of over $200 billion as of April 2021, Jeff is considered the wealthiest person on earth, according to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index and Forbes.
After graduating in 1986 from Princeton University with an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering and computer science, Bezos undertook several jobs before finally joining a New York investment bank. During his time in this role he was researching future projections for internet commerce and saw the value of the internet.
To pursue his entrepreneurial ambitions, n 1994, Jeff Bezos quit the New York investment bank and moved to Seattle, opening a virtual bookstore. He began developing software gor his site and named it Amazon, after The South American river. The virtual bookstore sold its first book in July 1995. Since then Amazon has become a global world wide leader in e-commerce. It also offers many other services for business like Amazon Web Services and has become the largest cloud-computing provider in The world.
In 2021, Jeff stepped down as CEO of Amazon to pursue other ventures. We have gathered some of his most inspirational quotes that will help inspire and elevate your entrepreneurial vision.
Our Favorite Jeff Bezos Quotes
1. “We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are The hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of The customer experience a little bit better.”– Jeff Bezos
2. “When it comes to space, I see it as my job, I’m building infrastructure The hard way. I’m using my resources to put in place heavy lifting infrastructure so The next generation of people can have a dynamic, entrepreneurial explosion into space.”– Jeff Bezos
3. “I strongly believe that missionaries make better products. They care more. For a missionary, it’s not just about the business. There has to be a business, and The business has to make sense, but that’s not why you do it. You do it because you have something meaningful that motivates you.”– Jeff Bezos
4. “Real estate is The key cost of physical retailers. That’s why there’s The old saw: location, location, location.”– Jeff Bezos
5. “In The old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service and 70% of your time to shouting about it. In The new world, that inverts.”– Jeff Bezos
6. “One of The things that I hope will distinguish Amazon.com is that we continue to be a company that defies easy analogy. This requires a lot of innovation, and innovation requires a lot of random walk.”– Jeff Bezos
7. “Position yourself with something that captures your curiosity, something that you’re missionary about.”– Jeff Bezos
8. “We’ve had three big ideas at Amazon that we’ve stuck with For 18 years, and they’re The reason we’re successful: Put The customer first. Invent. And be patient.”– Jeff Bezos
9. “We’ve done price elasticity studies, and The answer is always that we should raise prices. We don’t do that, because we believe — and we have to take this as an article of faith — that by keeping our prices very, very low, we earn trust with customers over time, and that that actually does maximize free cash flow over The long term.”– Jeff Bezos
10.” I’d rather interview 50 people and not hire anyone than hire The wrong person.”– Jeff Bezos
11. “When you receive criticism from well-meaning people, it pays to ask, ‘Are They right?’ And if They are, you need to adapt what they’re doing. If they’re not right … you need to have that long-term willingness to be misunderstood.”– Jeff Bezos
12. “Where you are going to spend your time and your energy is One of The most important decisions you get to make in life.”– Jeff Bezos
13. “The smartest people are constantly revising their understanding, reconsidering a problem They thought they’d already solved. They’re open to new points of view, new information, new ideas, contradictions, and challenges to their own way of thinking.”– Jeff Bezos
14.” If you built a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.”– Jeff Bezos
15. “Entrepreneurs must be willing to be misunderstood For long periods of time.”– Jeff Bezos
16. “I have won this lottery. It’s a gigantic lottery, and it’s called Amazon.com. And I’m using my lottery winnings to push us a little further into space.”– Jeff Bezos
17. “We need to know what The resources of The moon are. We have great evidence now because of different kinds of radar and spectroscopic analysis that people have been able to do. But we really do need to go visit there, and we can do that with a robot craft without any problem.”– Jeff Bezos
18. “We have The resources to build room For a trillion humans in this solar system, and when we have a trillion humans, we’ll have a thousand Einsteins and a thousand Mozarts. It will be a way more interesting place to live.”– Jeff Bezos
19. “You can have The best technology, you can have The best business model, but if The storytelling isn’t amazing, it won’t matter. Nobody will watch.”– Jeff Bezos
20. “Friends congratulate me after a quarterly-earnings announcement and say, ‘Good job, great quarter.’” “And I’ll say, ‘Thank you, but that quarter was baked three years ago.”– Jeff Bezos
21. “Companies are rarely criticized For The things that They failed to try. But They are, many times, criticized For things They tried and failed at.”– Jeff Bezos
22. “If you double The number of experiments you do per year, you’re going to double your inventiveness.”– Jeff Bezos
23. “When [competitors are] in The shower in The morning, they’re thinking about how they’re going to get ahead of One of their top competitors. Here in The shower, we’re thinking about how we are going to invent something on behalf of a customer.”– Jeff Bezos
24. “The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?”– Jeff Bezos
25. “If you’re not stubborn, you’ll give up on experiments too soon. And if you’re not flexible, you’ll pound your head against The wall and you won’t see a different solution to a problem you’re trying to solve.”– Jeff Bezos
26. “Humans are unbelievably data efficient. You don’t have to drive 1 million miles to drive a car, but The way we teach a self-driving car is have it drive a million miles.”– Jeff Bezos
27. “If you decide that you’re going to do only The things you know are going to work, you’re going to leave a lot of opportunity on The table.”– Jeff Bezos
28. “One of The huge mistakes people make is that They try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passion; your passion chooses you.”– Jeff Bezos
29. “A brand For a company is like a reputation For a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”– Jeff Bezos
Related: Most Intriguing Elon Musk Quotes
30. “What we need to do is always lean into The future; when The world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.”– Jeff Bezos
31. “I’m skeptical of any mission that has advertisers at its centerpiece.”– Jeff Bezos
32. “Beautiful speech doesn’t need protection, it’s ugly speech that needs protection. We have these cultural norms that allow people to say really ugly things. You don’t have to invite them to your dinner party, but you should let them say it.”– Jeff Bezos
33. “E-mail has some magical ability to turn off The politeness gene in a human being.”– Jeff Bezos
34. “Invention is by its very nature disruptive. If you want to be understood at all times, then don’t do anything new.”– Jeff Bezos
35. “One common pitfall For large organizations – One that hurts speed and inventiveness – is ‘one-size-fits-all’ decision making…The end result of this is slowness, unthoughtful risk aversion, failure to experiment sufficiently, and consequently diminished invention. We’ll have to figure out how to fight that tendency.”– Jeff Bezos
36. “Market research doesn’t help. If you had gone to a customer in 2013 and said, ‘Would you like a black, always-on cylinder in your kitchen about The size of a Pringles can that you can talk to and ask questions, that also turns on your lights and plays music?’ I guarantee you they’d have looked at you strangely and said, ‘No, thank you.”– Jeff Bezos
37. “If you can somehow figure out how to have a calling, you have hit The jackpot, cause that’s The big deal.”– Jeff Bezos
38. “If you’re long-term oriented, customer interests and shareholder interests are aligned.”– Jeff Bezos
39. “The death knell For any enterprise is to glorify The past — no matter how good it was.”– Jeff Bezos
40. “No business can continue to shrink. That can only go on For so long before irrelevancy sets in.”– Jeff Bezos
Related: Larry Ellison Quotes about Business
Video: Amazon Empire – Rise and Reign of Jeff Bezos
This video is an amazing inside look at how Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos built one of the largest and most influential economic forces in the world. It also discusses concerns over possible negative impact.
You can learn more about Frontline here.
Jeff Bezos is an entrepreneur who rose to success due to his hard work, positive attitude, and unbelievable focus.
He started Amazon.com and led it from unprofitable startup to a global household brand name. Along the way he created success and wealth for countless others and also became one of the richest men in the world.
Jeff is one of the best CEO’s of all time and there is much to learn from his ideas and perspective. His quotes are motivating and inspiring and we hope this collection has inspired you to today!
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.