Our hearts and minds are easily influenced by those we love and those we surround ourselves with. The result is that we can easily fall off the path we are planning to follow. We can be changed for the better or the worse by those we have close contact with. The real issue is finding the ability to distinguish between those we should guard our hearts around and those we can share ourselves with.
The 40 quotes that follow are chosen to help us with this difficult task. They present a number of different viewpoints on the matter of guarding your heart. We hope you will find a few quotes that resonate with your heart. They provide the wisdom of mankind, gathered to help us all.
Guarding Your Heart Quotes
- “Above all guard your heart for everything you do flows from it.” Proverbs 4:23
- “A woman who does not guard and treasure herself cannot be of very much value to anyone else.” Unknown
- “Be careful who you open up to. Only a few people actually care, the rest are just curious.” Unknown
- “Guard your heart. It’s a precious thing that not everyone deserves.” Unknown
- “You wear your heart on your sleeve. Guard it more carefully, lest others see it and pluck it out.” Jay Kristoff
- “If the seed doesn’t get planted, it can’t become a toxic thornbush. We must guard our minds and our hearts, starting with our eyes.” Unknown
- “Your heart is sacred land. Don’t let just anything enter it. Guard it with your life.” Yasmin Mogahed
- “But those set to guard a treasure, are too often those who loot it.” Unknown
- “Guard your heart and mind against double-minded pretentious beings. Do not allow infiltration beyond the surface. If their influence travels on the inside, they become like an incurable disease.” Amaka Imani Nkosazana
- “When the word is heard consult the source, and beware the messenger.” Unknown
- “Everyone struggles to guard their heart from breaking, when they should desire to have a heart that breaks.” Unknown
- “Guard the secret theater of your heart. See nothing there that you do not want to see happen in reality.” Roy H. Williams
- “I feel like a prison holding myself, bounded by the judgments of people I care and chained by the rules of the society I live in. If I would let the person who speaks inside me out, he would tell you a different story than what you have seen all these years.” Unknown
- “Do what you were called to do and guard your calling.” Unknown
- “It’s a rare man who can guard against beauty.” Unknown
- “What’s the point of living if you’re going to hate the world? Guard your heart if you have to, but don’t shut it away.” Neal Shusterman
- “The problem with letting people tear your walls down, is that you never know who wants to take down those walls just for the fun of it. For amusement purposes. Just to say that he knew that he could. At the end of the day… the things you build should stay built. And you are no scapegoat for the sins of other people, in anyone’s life. How dare anyone take down your walls not in order to see you; but only in order to feed their ego. In order to make you pay for sins not done by your own hands.” C. JoyBell C.
- “Fiercely guard the passions burning inside your heart, so that their flames can safely reach the highest ceilings of success without the eyes of envy. ” Suzy Kassem
- “Guarding your heart and protecting your dignity are a little bit more important than clarifying the emotions of someone who’s only texting you back three words. I’ve learned that from trying to figure out people who don’t deserve to be figured out.” Taylor Swift
- “In the human heart there is a built-in obsolescence factor. It does not matter how powerful and influential you are, how much education you have, how self-controlled or holy you consider yourself—your heart, if you do not guard it, will break down.” K.P. Yohannan
- “Boundaries help us to distinguish our property so that we can take care of it. They help us to “guard our heart with all diligence.” We need to keep things that will nurture us inside our fences and keep things that will harm us outside.” –Henry Cloud
- “Your heart was good but you forgot to guard it. You killed yourself slowly because of this. The heart is the true measure of a man or woman. I loved you and I know that you knew I loved you. We all have addictions. Some are just more obvious to the eye. We are all dying, but we are all living.” Kiese Laymon
- “Guard your heart, mind and time. Those three things will determine the health of everything else in your life.” Andrena Sawyer
- “Your heart is who you are, all else follows. Guard your heart, Thomas. Guard your heart.” Liam Perrin
- “Negative things happen to all of us. We can’t get away from that, but don’t bring it close to you. Guard your heart.” Unknown
- “Sometimes it’s hard to let down your guard and trust somebody with your heart.” Unknown
- “Regardless of how hurtful circumstances might be, dare to guard your heart and your tongue, so you may not speak what you should never say that can make you miss your reward from the Sovereign Lord. Keep doing what you have to do, as you have to do, as a living sacrifice to your Father who is in Heaven, knowing that your reward is from Him alone, and wait patiently with a calm and an understanding heart for your reward from Him, regardless of the arduous nature of the hurt and trials!” Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- “Once your heart has been broken, it’s never really heals. The wounds may heal, but the scars remain there forever. That delicate tissue must be guarded and protected at all cost.” K. Langston
- “If we have a heart for the magnitudes of life, it will not seem vain to believe that God Himself should guard it.” George A Smith
- “Guard your heart:Mysterious things happen in there.Stand as the watchman of your soul,And be careful about what you let in.For, therefrom, come all your life’s issues.” Manuela George-Izunwa
- “It is in my nature to be kind, gentle and loving… BUT KNOW THIS: When it comes to matters of protecting my friends, my family and my heart.. Do not trifle with me. For I’m the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know…” Harriet Morgan
- “Guarding your heart means protecting deepest parts of who you are – both your emotional and spiritual worlds – from anyone who could cause them harm.” Debra Fileta
- “And if thought and emotion can persist in this way so long after the brain that sent them forth has crumpled into dust, how vitally important it must be to control their very birth in the heart, and guard them with the keenest possible restraint.” Algernon H Blackwood
- “To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless–it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.” CS Lewis
- “It’s you I love. I spent so much of my life guarding my heart. I guarded it so well that I could behave as though I didn’t have one at all. Even now, it is a shabby, worm-eaten, scabrous thing. But it is yours. You probably guessed as much. But just in case you didn’t.” Holly Black
- “The reader should beware of taking the same step. It is important you be on your guard against any impression that perhaps – to be fair – this version of history hangs together in some way, or that it feels true in some unspecific poetic or, worse, spiritual way. Important because a momentary lapse of concentration in this regard and you might – without at first noticing it and with a light heart and a spring in your step – begin to walk down the road that leads straight to the lunatic asylum.” Jonathan Black
- “Wall your life, guard your heart and mind your mind! A life without a wall least blocks something! A mind without a wall accepts anything at all!” Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- “Be strong enough to love after you’ve been hurt, but smart enough to guard your heart and be careful of whom you let in it.” Rashida Rowe
- “Love hard, love fierce, but love right. Be careful with your heart, guard it, and if you feel the need to be reckless, make sure you are the one making that choice.” Jay McLean
- “The mind is your guard, the heart is your maid and the soul is your territory. Nobody else but you should have the control of these.” Gloria D. Gonsalves
Although it is critical to our peace of mind and heart that we open our hearts to some, we must guard our hearts against those who would distract you or deter you from your path.
Hopefully, you found some of these quotes that will help you decide who you can trust with your heart.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.