There are endless bad things toxic family members can display, from discrimination to abuse, bullying, emotional disconnection, and manipulation. Usually, the amount of harm caused by these types of family members is capable of breaking anyone’s heart. However, there is no need for You or anyone You know to be put under this situation.
In this article, I shall be taking You through toxic family quotes, and I hope that they will help uplift You and make You feel appreciated once again. With that said, let’s get started on today’s quotes.
Toxic Family Quotes
1. Fear of breaking family loyalty is one of the greatest stumbling blockages to recovery. Yet, until we admit certain things we would rather excuse or deny, we cannot truly begin to put the past in the past, and leave it there once and for all. Unless we Do that, we cannot even begin to think of having a future that is fully ours, untethered to the past, and we will be destined to repeat it. Ronald Allen Schulz.
2. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Mark Twain.
3. You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to You as You are to them. Desmond Tutu
4. If the family You chose before your birth no longer supports your path towards fulfilling your true destiny, it is never too late to find a new tribe. Anthon St. Maarten
5. toxic people attach themselves like cinder blocks tied to your ankles, and then invite You for a swim in their poisoned waters. John Mark Green
6. The more dysfunctional, the more some family members seek to control the behavior of others. David W. Earle
7. It’s very difficult for people who don’t play video games to understand their power simply by watching, and it’s very difficult for people who aren’t close to technology to understand how rapidly it can change whatever it touches. Bing Gordon
8. If somebody is looking for a bin to throw all their trash into, make sure it’s not in your mind. Dalai Lama.
9. Toxic family relationships spoil all other relationships, unless You remove the poison before it’s too late. Unknown.
10. Sometimes, it’s necessary to temporarily distance yourself physically from toxic family members for the sake of your well-being if they prove to be too toxic to be around them. Trialsandtests.
11. Letting go doesn’t mean that You don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person You really have control over is yourself. Deborah Reber
12. Just as early industrial capitalism moved the focus of existence from being to having, post-industrial culture has moved that focus from having to appearing. Guy Debord
13. I’m addicted to you, don’t You know that you’re toxic? Britney Spears
14. Blood relations cease to have their use if people related by it behave otherwise. Trialsandtests
15. We pride ourselves on being the only species that understands the concept of risk, yet we have a confounding habit of worrying about mere possibilities while ignoring probabilities, building barricades against perceived dangers while leaving ourselves exposed to real ones. Jeffrey Kluger
16. My friend, You are not alone. No matter what you’ve suffered, the abuse was not your fault. You didn’t cause someone to hurt you. Not as an innocent child, teenager, nor as an adult. Let that sink in. It’s not your fault. Dana Arcuri
17. You don’t have to leave your whole family in the past, just those who don’t deserve a place in your future. Unknown.
18. Blood doesn’t make You family. Some of the most demonic and demeaning people in your life share your DNA. Temi Ade
19. Why didn’t I report it? Because When You are sexually assaulted by a relative, it’s terribly complicated. Initially, I felt shock, numb, and powerless. Keep in mind, sexual assault is an act of violence; not sex. In addition, sexual assault is about power. It’s common for victims to feel helpless. Dana Arcuri
20. Don’t let toxic people infect You with the Fear of giving and receiving one of the most powerful forces in this world… LOVE! Yvonne Pierre
21. And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household. Mathew 10:36
22. Ending the toxic cycle within your own life isn’t easy. When You don’t come from a healthy family, you Do your best to ensure a healthy one comes from you. Steve Maraboli
23. Love them from a distance. Pray for them, wish them well, but don’t allow them to abuse you. Kimber Waul
24. I don’t try to be angry to prove something. I wouldn’t try to intimidate You for any reason unless You were trying to intimidate me, and then I would show You that You can’t Do that to me. Henry Rollins
25. Just Because they are your family doesn’t mean that they are your friends. Beverly Miller
26. Do not be waylaid by a toxic family Whatsapp group. You fought hard to emerge as your own person in real life. Do not succumb to this new medium that replicates all the sad, toxic hierarchies of broken families. Walk out. Do it now. Itayi Garande
27. The people I looked up to for comfort are the ones who make me depressed. Trialsandtests
28. Looking back through history, there are a lot more men who thought they were Alexander the Great than men who actually were. James S.A. Corey.
29. family or not I will cut You off. That saying “but that’s family” means nothing if a family is toxic and means You no good. Morgan Sharee.
Related: Absent Father Quotes
30. You have the right to put up a fence between You and your family, and the choice whether to include a gate. Unknown
31. In the process of letting go, You will lose many things from the past but You will find yourself. Deepak Chopra
32. You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted You to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better. Anne Lamott
33. It’s sad how I can trust teachers more than my parents. Dawn Andrews
34. “We arrive and depart this life alone. Every moment in-between is a unique opportunity to experience as much love and belonging as we can possibly muster. Instead we obsess over petty differences and turn our backs on those we are supposed to love. Anthon St. Maarten
35. Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it’s the place we find the deepest heartache. Lyanla Vansant
36. When You notice someone does something toxic the first time, don’t wait for the second time before You address it. Shahida Arabi
37. A toxic family is even worse than a toxic relationship. Rohan Chouhan
38. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that You can defend yourself against this. You can’t. Just walk away. Don’t try to make your case. Christiane Northrup, MD
39. Families always have these unspoken dramas and When at holidays, everyone is supposed to sit down and pretend that none of that is happening. Richard La Graveness
40. Pay no attention to toxic words. What people say is often a reflection of themselves, not you. Christian Baloga
41. Just Because they are your family doesn’t mean that they know what’s best for You or your life. Trialsandtests
42. Have You seen anybody dancing? He is totally aware of himself and dances his way in a manner as decided by his heart. Meditation is also similar to the dancer. You need not reach anyplace, You have to just delve deep in yourself to find the true self and be a Soul Searcher. Maitreya Rudrabhayananda
43. Humans can be so ugly sometimes that the ones You love the most would only love to see You fall. It’s a cruel world. Sidney Albury
44. There is healing in telling. There is healing in exposing abuse. There is healing in being truthful. There is healing in knowing You are not to blame. There is healing in standing up for yourself. There is healing in setting boundaries. There is healing in self-love. Hold onto hope that You will recover. Dana Arcuri
45. Cutting people off doesn’t have limits. family can get cut off too if they are causing You stress. Eliminate any negativity in your circle. The goodvibe.co.
46. When You are young, they assume You know nothing. T.S.
47. Sometimes You have to accept the fact that some people can’t handle You doing well, having the peace they don’t or knowing how to receive kindness. Let them go. Lavon Fr.
48. It’s not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. Jonathan Schiller.
49. They assumed the endeavor was brilliant and rational Because they were brilliant and rational, and we tend to automatically assume that everybody else is basically just like us. Jon Ronson.
Video: 7 Signs of a Toxic Family
Growing up in a toxic and dysfunctional family can do a lot of psychological damage to a person, and toxic families breed lasting stress, anxiety, conflict, and fear among its members.
So, how do you tell if your family is toxic? If so, do you know how to deal with toxic family members? Here are 7 Signs Your Family is Dysfunctional.
The above toxic family quotes are some of the best. By going through these quotes, I hope You have found them beneficial and have helped uplift your mood.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.