As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Comedy ought to be very interesting and funny and Adam Sandler is one of the most famous comedians and actors in the world. He was born as Adam Richard Sandler in Brooklyn, New York on September 9, 1966. He is an American comedian recognized for the portrayal of juvenile charming characters. As a child raised in New Hampshire, he did poorly in school and was constantly in trouble. He learned to get attention by being a joker and even debuted in the comedy world at the young age of 17 at a stand-up comedy club in Boston.
After high school, Adam attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City. Later, he attended the Tisch School of the Arts where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in acting in 1988. He made his first television appearance in 1987 where he was featured on The Cosby Show. He continued performing on stand-up shows until Dennis Miller, a famous comedian, noticed him and recommended him to Saturday Night Live director Lorne Michaels. And from that point on, he became a household name!
The following are a list of his best and funniest quotes:
Adam Sandler Quotes
1. “I’m 31 now. I think I’m beginning to understand what life is, what romance is, and what a relationship means.”– Adam Sandler
2. “I’m not comfortable being around too many people. I don’t like being out in public too much. I don’t like going to bars. I don’t like doing celebrity stuff. So most of the characters I play are people who don’t always feel comfortable beyond their small circle of friends.–Adam Sandler
3” I’ve been called a moron since I was about four. My father called me a moron. My grandfather said I was a moron. And a lot of times when I’m driving, I hear I’m a moron. I like being a moron. “– Adam Sandler
4 “I was raised by a mother who told me I was great every day of my life.”– Adam Sandler
5 ” Kids end up seeing my movies anyway but some of the mothers get mad at me so I figured I’d make one that I can’t get yelled at”– Adam Sandler
6 “Worrying about your kids is sanity, and being that sane… can drive you nuts.”– Adam Sandler
7 ” When I do stand-up shows at colleges, girls will talk to me after the show, and that always feels good. I like talking to them “– Adam Sandler
8″ I grew up cursing a lot. It felt natural. My parents told me to stop.”– Adam Sandler
9 ” When I’m around the kids I feel like I act the most grown-up just because you’re supposed to. And I say things, like every other day, that remind me of my own parents”– Adam Sandler
10 ” I do love the films I’ve done in the past. I work hard in my movies and my friends work hard and we’re trying to make people laugh and I’m very proud of that.”– Adam Sandler
11 ” It definitely has learning a lesson about the way you’re living your life. I wouldn’t compare our movie to that, but it has a structure where it’s about a man who doesn’t appreciate all that he has and finds out at the end that life has been great and he has to enjoy that.” –Adam Sandler
12″ I sang a song at my sister’s wedding. My mother forced me into that, too. But that one felt all right.”–Adam Sandler
13 “My father wasn’t perfect. He had a temper. I took some of that. He would snap, but the older he got, he started calming down. He learned about life, but the thing that he taught my whole family was that family was the most important thing and, no matter what, if a family member needs you, you go and help them out; you get there.”– Adam Sandler
15 “The problem with me, as far as getting married and having a family, is that my comedy is so important to me. So I don’t know if I’ll ever be as good a dad as my dad.”– Adam Sandler
16 “I never had a speech from my father ‘this is what you must do or shouldn’t do’ but I just learned to be led by example. My father wasn’t perfect.”– Adam Sandler
17. “I mean, I look at my dad. He was twenty when he started having a family, and he was always the coolest dad. He did everything for his kids, and he never made us feel like he was pressured. I know that it must be a great feeling to be a guy like that.”– Adam Sandler
18 “I don’t know who I touch and who I don’t. I work hard trying to make people laugh. I try to do the kind of stuff that made me laugh growing up. I don’t have any secrets. I don’t know the reasons I’ve been so well received.”– Adam Sandler
19. “This character feels so much like my brother. He has two children. He has a wife. He works with me. He chooses to stay in New Hampshire because he wants his kids to grow up in the school they started with. He doesn’t want them to lose friends. He is his family’s hero.”– Adam Sandler
20. “The Canteen Boy, the reason you feel bad for him and you can laugh is because he, and I guess a lot of my characters, they don’t notice they’re getting made fun of. So they’ll say something back that’s not that great a quip, but in their mind they won the argument.”– Adam Sandler
21. “When I got into this, I never thought about reviews. I never thought about what people would say about me, I was just a young guy who was excited to become a comedian and an actor, and I just wanted to get to do what I got to do.”– Adam Sandler
22. “Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Chemistry is good when you make love with it. Chemistry is bad when you make crack with it.”– Adam Sandler
23. “I had my moments of being humiliated, and then I had moments of doing something humiliating. I’m glad I lived out both roles.”– Adam Sandler
24. “I prefer musicals, because I am the best dancer who ever lived. The best plies, the best sashays, and by far the best-smelling Capezios.”– Adam Sandler
25. “To be honest with you, when I got into this I never thought about reviews. I never thought about what people would say about me. I was just a young guy who was excited to become a comedian and an actor and I just wanted to get to do what I got to do.”– Adam Sandler
26. “You know, when you don’t go on TV and talk about how many women you sleep with, some people in Hollywood, that are supposedly ‘in the know,’ start whispering that you’re gay. If I were gay, I wouldn’t be ashamed to admit it, but I’m not.”– Adam Sandler
27. ” I sing seriously to my mom on the phone. To put her to sleep, I have to sing ‘Maria’ from West Side Story. When I hear her snoring, I hang up.”– Adam Sandler
28. “I think the reason I don’t read is because, when I’m reading, I feel like I’m missing out on something else. You know, What are my friends doing? Where’s my girlfriend?”– Adam Sandler
29. “My name is Adam Sandler. I’m not particularly talented. I’m not particularly good-looking. And yet I’m a multi-millionaire.”– Adam Sandler
30. “I say things, like every other parent, that reminds you of your own parents. One thing I do know about being a parent, you understand why your father was in a bad mood a lot.”– Adam Sandler
31. “Feels good to try, but playing a father, I’m getting a little older. I see now that I’m taking it more serious and I do want that lifestyle.”– Adam Sandler
32. “As a kid, I’d go into the bathroom when I was having a tantrum. I’d be in the bathroom crying, studying myself in the mirror. I was preparing for future roles.”– Adam Sandler
33. “We just bought this house. It’s too big. It’s like 400,000 square feet, or something. We got an indoor lake and ski slope in the house! It’s just too big.”– Adam Sandler
34. “When I got into this, I never thought about reviews. I never thought about what people would say about me, I was just a young guy who was excited to become a comedian and an actor, and I just wanted to get to do what I got to do.”– Adam Sandler
35. “I’ve always liked older ladies, ever since my mother would have B’nai B’rith at our house.”– Adam Sandler
36. “When the kids are laughing in the audience, I tear up, I’m so happy I did a nice thing.”– Adam Sandler
37. “The only reason I got into stand-up was because my brother told me to. I had no idea what I was going to do with my life. I was 17 and my brother went to a comedy club and he said – you can do that.”– Adam Sandler
38. “I think I’m playing grown up because I have kids now. But I don’t feel grown up yet”– Adam Sandler
39. “Most of the stuff I do on the show comes out of me just trying to make my friends laugh.”– Adam Sandler
40. “When the kids are laughing in the audience, I tear up, I’m so happy I did a nice thing.”– Adam Sandler
If you are big Adam Sandler fan, you will love these quotes from Happy Gilmore!
Video – Adam Sandler and Conan O’Brien in Los Angeles
These two live in the same neighborhood if you can imagine. This is a very funny segment – worth a watch where Adam welcomes Conan to the neighborhood. You will LOL we promise.
To wrap it up, it is evident that Sandler is a self-made comedy genius from his quotes and sayings. His story is that of resilience and dedication. He is a true pathfinder and a dedicated comedian.
Right from the start, he gave it his best and was never discouraged at any one moment. His story shows a man with ultimate destiny and a great vision. His plot is one that not only motivates but also humorous. Truly, Sandler is a character to be admired as proved by the above genius quotes