Tranquility is the key to true inner peace and happiness! And the best place to start is through meditation. Quieting the mind can seem a bit tricky when we’re caught up in this thing called life. Yet, through patience and perseverance, nothing is impossible.
If we open ourselves up to the universe, then so does the positive energy flow. Helping remove any blockages that prevent us from becoming evolved beings.
To help you achieve your own bliss-filled life, we’ve provided 50 of the most inspiring Tranquility Quotes ever!
My Favorite Quotes about Tranquility
1. “Tranquility is a beach state of mind.” — Anonymous Author
2. “It is neither wealth nor splendor but tranquillity and occupation which give happiness.” — Thomas Jefferson
3. “Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility.” — William Wordsworth
4. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” — Eckhart Tolle
5. “The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. The calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.” — James Allen
6. “I quite like to sing, actually – just belting out numbers with my guitar. I find that it’s a form of tranquility.” — Jack O’Connell
7. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” — Saint Francis de Sales
8. “If you can eliminate it, you’ll have more time and more tranquillity. Ask yourself at every moment, ‘Is this necessary?” — Marcus Aurelius
9. “I am sustained by the tranquility of an upright and loyal heart.” — Peter Stuyvesant
10. “Serenity is the tranquil balance of heart and mind.” — Harold W. Becker
11. “Peace means that your problems will not have you.” — Tony Evans
12. “Whenever I gaze up at the moon, I feel like I’m on a time machine. I am back to that precious pinpoint of time, standing on the foreboding – yet beautiful – Sea of Tranquility. I could see our shining blue planet Earth poised in the darkness of space.” — Buzz Aldrin
13. “If you are at peace with your past, you are at peace with yourself.” — Anonymous Author
14. “Like water which can mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed.” — Indra Devi
15. “Great tranquility of heart is his who cares for neither praise nor blame.” — Thomas à Kempis
16. “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” — Norman Vincent Peale
17. “Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not. It is only after you have faced up to this fundamental rule and learned to distinguish between what you can and can’t control that inner tranquility and outer effectiveness become possible.” — Epictetus
18. “When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.” — François de La Rochefoucauld
19. “When we develop patience, we find that we develop a reserve of calm and tranquility.” — Dalai Lama
20. “Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty.” — Oscar Romero
21. “If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.” — Lao Tzu.
22. “Tranquility comes from within.” — ATGW
23. “A heart full of love and compassion is the main source of inner strength, willpower, happiness, and mental tranquility.” — Dalai Lama
24. “The idea of beauty is simplicity and tranquility.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
25. “Weather out the storm in the island of tranquility to find inner peace.” — Ana Monnar
26. “Karate is not a game. It is not a sport. It is not even a system of self-defense. Karate is half physical exercise and half spiritual. The karateist who has given the necessary years of exercise and meditation is a tranquil person. He is unafraid. He can even be calm in a burning building.” — Mas Oyama
27. “He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
28. “It’s all about finding the calm in the storm.” — Donna Karen
29. “Just as a waterfall grows slower and more lightly suspended as it plunges down, so the great man of action tends to act with greater calmness than his tempestuous desires prior to the deed would lead one to expect.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
30. “Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. It is the result of long and patient effort in self-control. Its presence is an indication of ripened experience, and a more than ordinary knowledge of the laws and operations of thought.” — James Allen
31. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.” — Marvin Gaye
32. “I have found that the greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. It is the ultimate source of success in life.” — Dalai Lama
33. “Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.” — Buddha
34. “You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” — George Michael
35. “Contentment is the greatest door that one enters to Allah, it is the source of tranquility for the worshiper and paradise on earth. Whoever does not enter it will not enter the Paradise in the Hereafter.” — Ibn Taymiyyah
36. “Set your heart on doing good. Do it over and over again and you will be filled with joy.” — Buddha.
37. “Joy frees the mind and fills it with tranquility.” — Anonymous Author
38. “The secret to happiness, at least to peace of mind, is knowing how to separate sex from love. And, if possible, eliminating romantic love from your life, which is the love that makes you suffer. That way, I assure you, you live with greater tranquility and enjoy things more.” — Mario Vargas Llosa
39. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” — Buddha
40. “When you’re at peace with your life and in a state of tranquility, you actually send out a vibration of energy that impacts all living creatures.” — Wayne Dyer
41. “I am essentially a painter of the kind of still life composition that communicates a sense of tranquillity and privacy, moods which I have always valued above all else.” — Giorgio Morandi
42. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” — Buddha
43. “I know exactly what I want. Calm, peace, tranquility, freedom, fun, and happiness.” — Johnny Depp
44. “Tranquility is the Truth, Truth is beauty, beauty is happiness, and bliss is divine.” — Chinmayanda Saraswati
45. “Learn this from water: loud splashes the brook but the ocean’s depth are calm.” — Buddha
46. “Acceptance of others, their looks, their behaviors, their beliefs, bring you an inner peace and tranquility instead of anger and resentment.” — Anonymous Author
47. “Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose — a point on which the soul may fix its intellectual eye.” — Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
48. “If you keep looking within, you will find stillness, a tranquillity that you’ve never experienced before. It’s like this secret space your mind can visit that unlocks new levels of creativity and confidence that you never thought possible.” — Joel Annesley
49. “When you take the time to quiet your mind and not allow anything to intrude on your peace, there is stillness in time. You feel suspended in an ocean of tranquility, and all truth seems to stem from this place of inner understanding.” — John Assaraf
50. “The positive vibrations of unregulated joy, peace, happiness, and tranquility is freedom.” — T.F. Hodge
Summary of Tranquility
Internal peace is an achievement received through intense training of the mind. Then, we can save face and remain calm in any and all situations. May our collection of Tranquility Quotes help to inspire you along your transitional journey!
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.