Human beings are by nature creative and spiritual beings. These qualities create an apparent separateness between them and other animals. Their ability to experience curiosity and act accordingly makes them extraordinary. Throughout life, we are faced with the temptation of trying out new things.
This drive results from an attempt to solve existing problems or build on new concepts. While this is a very noble idea, tension and anxiety are inevitable. Under such circumstances, only a few minorities are willing to move on and try doing something new. Civilization arises as a result of these few creative minorities. These determined souls can overcome the potential barriers associated with trying something new and as a result, their efforts bring satisfaction to their souls and also are appreciated by other individuals.
It is through acts of brave and innovative individuals that the world has witnessed great progress in all aspects. This progress has elevated the lives of individuals on earth and has also benefited other components of the environment such as animals, plants, and aquatic components. It is through this innovation that climate change has been dealt with and a new healthy lifestyle adopted.
Trying something can feel overwhelming. However, the reward experienced is second to none. This article explores some of the best inspirational quotes that boost an individual’s morale to try something new:
Quotes About Trying New Things
1. “I like to challenge myself. I like to learn – so I like to try new things and try to keep growing.”—David Schwimmer
2. “Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.”—Stacy London
3. “The doer alone learneth.”—Friedrich Nietzsche
4. “Life is trying things to see if they work.”—Ray Bradbury
5. “We wanted to try something different.”—Jennifer Ortega
6. “A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.”—B.F.Skinner
7. “Trying to sneak a fastball past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster.”—Joe Adcock
8. “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.”—Johny Cash
9. “Your attitude is like a box of crayons that color your world. Constantly color your picture gray, and your picture will always be bleak. Try adding some bright colors to the picture by including humor, and your picture begins to lighten up.”—Allen Klein
10. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.”—Neil Gaiman
11. “The goal of education is not to increase the amount of knowledge but to create the possibilities for a child to invent and discover, to create men who are capable of doing new things.”—Jean Piaget
12.“Try to make at least one person happy every day. If you cannot do a kind deed, speak a kind word. If you cannot speak a kind word, think a kind thought. Count up, if you can, the treasure of happiness that you would dispense in a week, in a year, in a lifetime!”—Lawrence G. Lovasik
13. “I have so much chaos in my life, it’s become normal. You become used to it. You have to just relax, calm down, take a deep breath and try to see how you can make things work rather than complain about how they’re wrong.”—Tom Welling
14. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”—Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “The courage to try something new makes me proud.”—Jane Pauley
16. “I’m always trying new things and learning new things.”—Morgan Freeman
17. “To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.”—Soren Kierkegaard
18. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.”—Ella Fitzgerald
19. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”—Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.”—Dale Carneige
21. “Right now I am trying to be in a place of calm, a place where I can chill out and then handle the chaos of life better. You don’t just get it overnight; you have to work at it. It’s a daily struggle.”—Jackee Harry
22. “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”—Marilyn Monroe
23. “People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?”—Thich Nhat Hanh
24. “The more colorful the food, the better. I try to add color to my diet, which means vegetables and fruits.”—Misty May-Treanor
25. “I don’t believe that if you do good, good things will happen. Everything is completely accidental and random. Sometimes bad things happen to very good people and sometimes good things happen to bad people. But at least if you try to do good things, then you’re spending your time doing something worthwhile.”—Helen Mirren
26. “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don’t give up.”—Anne Lamott
27. “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”—Jeff Rich
28. “As I enter a new phase of life and my circle broadens, I start learning new things.”—Kapil Dev
29. “Try new things, step out of your comfort zone, take risks, do things in ways you’ve never done them before, ask for help, surround yourself with self-actualized people, become obsessed with the fact that you have one go-round on this planet as the you that is you, and realize how precious and important it is not to squander that.”—Jen Sincero
30. “Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.”—Louis E. Boone
31. “Change can be frightening, and the temptation is often to resist it. But change almost always provides opportunities – to learn new things, to rethink tired processes, and to improve the way we work.”—Klaus Schwab
32. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”—Andre Gide
33. “To learn something new, you need to try new things and not be afraid to be wrong.”—Roy T. Bennett
34. “There’s something liberating about not pretending. Dare to embarrass yourself. Risk.”—Drew Barrymore
35. “You can measure opportunity with the same yardstick that measures the risk involved. They go together.”—Earl Nightingale
36. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”—Michael Jordan
37. “They say a midget standing on a giant’s shoulders can see much further than the giant. So I got the whole rap world on my shoulders, they trying to see further than I am.”—Jay-z
38. “I do a lot of biking. I need that mileage and the long-distance stuff because tennis demands it. My fitness trainer is always trying to convince me to do an Ironman. I can probably run the marathon, I can make the 112 miles on the bike, but I will never swim for 2.4 miles. I will die after 100 meters.”—Tomas Berdych
39. “Survival can be summed up in three words – never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.”—Bear Grylls
40. “I learned playing cello in ‘Cantabile’ and Go in ‘Reply 1988.’ In ‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds,’ I learned horse riding and Geomungo. It’s fun to learn new things.”—Park Bo-gum
41. “We need to look to the future. You can’t come up with new things unless you constantly forget the past. There’s no reason to keep wearing the same pair of pants.”—Andrew Lau
42. “I collect memories. I look for opportunities to try new things, go to new places, and meet new people all the time.”—Marcel Wanders
43. “I see retirement as just another of these reinventions, another chance to do new things and be a new version of myself.”—Walt Mossberg
44. “Stubbornness and ignorance and determination are a very fine line from each other. I’m a very stubborn person, but not so stubborn that I can’t learn new things and meet new people, but I have a one-track mind.”—Joe Nichols
45. “You are the sum total of everything you’ve ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot – it’s all there. Everything influences each of us, and because of that I try to make sure that my experiences are positive.”—Maya Angelou
46. “Try to leave the Earth a better place than when you arrived”—Sidney Sheldon
47. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There’s no point in being a damn fool about it.”—W.C. Fields
48. “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.”
49. “Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded, or how much power you have.”—Oprah Winfrey
50. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”—Walt Disney.
51. “I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade… And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.”—Ron White
In summary, trying something new is not an easy task. Anxiety and tension are the great potential blocks to achieving this noble task. This compounded with low self-esteem and frustrations associated with failure creates a poisonous soup in which you might be afraid to try new things and thus stuck on the path you’re on which may be causing you to be unhappy and not change those things you really want to change.
If you commit to the path and persevere, it will help you pursue your hearts’ desires and not be demoralized by failure.
with which innovative ideas are served with. However, persistence and self-assertion play an important role in ensuring that the individuals are not demoralized by failure and instead are more encouraged to pursue their heart desires. Additionally, it is evident that curiosity is an inseparable aspect of human beings, and therefore trying new things will always be their source of satisfaction.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.