0707Just breathe quotes are a collection of phrases that help people to calm down when they are anxious, angry, or frustrated. These quotes also provide timely advice. They help people to understand that they cannot control other people or situations. Sometimes you literally need a reminder to JUST BREATHE – and we have pulled together a collection of the best quotes to inspire you!
Feel free to print this page out and post it on your desk or where you can see it all day.
Just Breathe Quotes
1. “Calm down” is an old phrase that is used to help people from becoming agitated. This old phrase doesn’t have an author. However, it is from the Latin phrase meaning “the heat of the day”. This was the time when people wouldn’t work in the fields because of the sun’s heat.
2. “Take a deep breath, relax and imagine what you wish to be”. A motivational public speaker by the name of Brian Tracy created this phrase. It is designed to get people motivated to change their life and to become what they desire.
3. Old Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatra, wasn’t just a world-famous entertainer – he was also a bit of philosopher. Sinatra had his own unique way of looking at the world. One thing that he encouraged people to do throughout his lifetime was to “take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again”. This was Sinatra’s personal way of dealing with failure or mistakes.
4. “Stop and smell the roses.” This is an old quote from the 1950’s that has managed to stay around in pop culture. A golfer by the name of Walker Hagen created this quote. The quote can be found in a biography written by his life. By the way the quotes simply means to take time enjoy where the source of goodness can be found in your life.
5. “Take a deep breath and stay focused on the important things in life”. Speaker and author Wayne Dyer provided this bit of wisdom. He just wants people to stop worrying about unimportant things and just remain focused on things that matter.
6. Many poets take have an unconventional outlook on life. Poet and short-story writer Sylvia Plath is no different. She was a famous writer and poet from the 19th century. One of her quotes stated: “I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.” This phrase simply means that people should focus on who they are at the moment, and be happy with the fact they are alive in the world.
7. Alan Watts was British author who wisely told people to: “Take a deep breath and say your deepest, darkest secret. This way we can wipe our brow and know that we are not by ourselves in this world. This simply means that people have flaws, and no one is perfect.
8. “When in haste, rest in the moment. Take a deep breath and stay in present.” Dan Millman’s timely advice is something that many people would agree with in modern times.
9. “Take a deep breath and do the difficult thing first”. This is a wise saying given to us by artist Mary Anne Radmacher. She simply tells people that they should not get overwhelmed by the tasks or work they must do in life.
10. Mark R. Woodward is a religious professor. He advises people to “Take time today to pause every now and then. They should take a deep breath while they pause. Once they do they will see that God loves them in many different ways”.
11. Oprah Winfrey is an extremely popular American entertainment figure. What Oprah say usually goes. Since so many respect and love Oprah, many people don’t mind following her advice. She sometimes tells people to “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” In other words, don’t take things for granted in life. You don’t always have tomorrow.
12. François-Marie Arouet is better known as Voltaire. He is considered one of the greatest philosophers and Enlightenment writers in the history of mankind. He informs people about being positive through his quote: “The best thing you can do is breathe and choose to be positive”. Voltaire words resonate throughout time.
13. “Deep breath in, deep breath out”. Etty Hillesum was a Dutch writer. She has given us the phrase deep breath in, deep breath out. This phrase is commonly used in modified forms within popular culture. However, it simply describes how people should deal with situations by not getting too upset or worrisome.
14. “Slow down and take a deep breath”. John De Paola is a therapist that encourages people to stop being in such a hurry in life. They should be more relaxed and just enjoy the time they have.
15. The Dalai Lamas are wise Tibetan Monks or in this case, a series of wise Tibetan Monks who pass their knowledge down each Dalai Lamas that take the mantle. Their timeless wisdom about life explains why it’s important for people to have “a calm mind in order to have a calm life”.
16. “Stop, Breathe, Relax, Repeat”. This slogan is a part of the modern focus on mental health and well-being. Many organizations and individuals have different versions of this phrase. It is also used in modern pop culture. Ultimately, the phrase encourages people to stop getting worked up and allow themselves to stay calm and focused.
17. Henry David Thoreau wants people to stay in the moment and not fool themselves into believing that their life is something that it is not. “It is better to have your head in the clouds, and know where you are… than to breathe the clearer atmosphere below them, and think that you are in paradise.”
18. Popular modern entertainer and radio show host Germany Kent is known for saying: “Think about good things in your life. Let go of worry and anxiety. Just breathe, remain positive, and know that all is well.
19. People’s lives are not just defined by bad moments or negative situations. Writer S.C. Lourie sums up this truth by stating: “Breathe, darling. This is just a chapter and not the story of your life.”
20. “Just breathe you’re usually a few breathes away from feeling better.” Entertainer and comedian Amy Poehler tells people to take this approach when they’re feeling down or upset.
21. Author Kristen Ashley says that “You only have one life, and you should never use it just to breathe”. In other words, make something of yourself and don’t just live out your days not accomplishing anything.
22. W.E.B Dubois was a sociologist, civil rights activist, abolitionist, and political figure from the past. He once stated: “I believe in Liberty for all men: the space to stretch their arms and their souls, the right to breathe and the right to vote, the freedom to choose their friends, enjoy the sunshine, and ride on the railroads, uncursed by color; thinking, dreaming, working as they will in a kingdom of beauty and love”. He wanted everyone to see that everybody had a right to enjoy the right of freedom.
23. Martin Luther King III is the son of the great former Civil Rights activist. He said: “Because no matter who we are or where we come from, we’re all entitled to the basic human rights of clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, and healthy land to call home”. He was just pointing out that all people should live their lives by having their basic needs met.
24. Comedian and actor Jim Carrey said this breathe quote to show his humor about the bad things in life. “Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they’re eating sandwiches”.
25. Josh Fox informs us that “culture is the air we breathe all around us”.
26. When a person needs some time to take care of themselves, they should take it. “I schedule ‘me’ time because, just like everyone else, I need to unwind. I try to remember to take it easy and breathe”. These are the words of Mandy Ingber.
27. Entertainer Kendrick Lamar informs us that he: “likes to let things breathe”.
28. “Inhale, breathe out, and continue to keep going. Life is not over because things have gone wrong.” This breathe quote comes from an unknown source.
29. “Technology has become as ubiquitous as the air we breathe, so we are no longer conscious of its presence”. This breathe quote is about the overpowering presence of technology in modern times. Godfrey Reggio gives us this quote.
30. Former TV show MASH star, Alan Alda, gives us a breathe quote regarding science. “We need to be more conversant with it because science is in our lives. It’s in everything. It’s in the food we eat. It’s in the air we breathe. It’s everywhere.”
Practical Breathing Exercises
In this video clip, Patrick McKeown, the world-renowned breathing expert, author, and lecturer. demonstrates some easy and practical breathing exercises.
Over the past 15 years, he has trained thousands of people around the world with breathing techniques that lower stress levels, reduce overall anxiety, and improve physical wellbeing. Patrick is a student of the (Bew-tech-oh) breathing method from Moscow, and his latest book ‘The Oxygen Advantage’ aims to revolutionise your health and fitness, using simple, scientifically proven, breathing techniques.
Related: Quotes That Will Inspire Your Breath
One of the best things about breathe quotes is being able to use them when you need them the most. These quotes provide lots of wisdom to people in need. Also, a just breathe quote can help you to grasp some issues in life that do not seem to have a reason or purpose.
Being able to slow down and catch your breath will allow you to gain lots of perspective about what is really happening in the world around you.
Related: You are my Sunshine Quotes
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.