66 Inspirational Lou Holtz Quotes

There are so many individuals who are well-known all over the world for how they excelled in their careers. However, excelling in your career field only is different from excelling while inspiring others regardless of their career field. Lou Holtz is an example of individuals who excelled in their careers exclusively with a great passion to inspire others.

Lou Holtz is an American citizen and a retired football coach. He is also a great motivational speaker as well as an author. Lou Holtz is well-known for his numerous inspirational quotes in different fields.

Lou Holtz’s Most Inspirational Quotes

This article will provide you with 66 inspirational quotes by Lou Holtz.

1. “Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity.” — Lou Holtz.

2. “I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it.” — Lou Holtz.

3. “No one has ever drowned in sweat.” — Lou Holtz

4. “I can’t believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary.” — Lou Holtz.

5. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” — Lou Holtz.

6. “I never learn anything while talking. I only learn things when I ask questions.” –Lou Holtz.

7. “You’re never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you’re never as bad as they say when you lose.” — Lou Holtz.

8. “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” — Lou Holtz.

9. “You aren’t going to find anybody that’s going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance.” — Lou Holtz.

10. “Don’t ever promise more than you can deliver, but always deliver more than you promise.” — Lou Holtz.

11. “Do right. Do your best. Treat others as you want to be treated.” — Lou Holtz.

12. “If you try to fight the course, it will beat you.” — Lou Holtz.

13. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” — Lou Holtz.

14. “The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren’t in a very good mood.” — Lou Holtz.

15. “I think life is a matter of choices and that wherever we are, good or bad, is because of the choices we make.” — Lou Holtz.

16. “The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.” — Lou Holtz.

17. “On this team, we’re all united in a common goal: to keep my job.” — Lou Holtz.

Read ->  47 Joan Rivers Quotes to Make You Laugh

18. “Don’t be a spectator, don’t let life pass you by.” — Lou Holtz.

19. “I follow three rules: Do the right thing, do the best you can, and always show people you care. You’ve got to make a sincere attempt to have the right goals, to begin with, then go after them with appropriate effort, and remember that you can’t really achieve anything great without the help of others.” — Lou Holtz.

20. “Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.” — Lou Holtz.

21. “You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be.” — Lou Holtz.

Tom Brady’s Most Inspirational Quotes

22. “Nothing on this earth is standing still. It’s either growing or it’s dying. No matter if it’s a tree or a human being.” — Lou Holtz.

23. “Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of individuals. I never had a crisis that didn’t make me stronger.” — Lou Holtz.

24. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” — Lou Holtz.

25. “So think before you complain, especially about things that require some sacrifice. Complaining is the sign of a loser.” — Lou Holtz.

26. “If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven’t done anything today.” — Lou Holtz.

27. “A lifetime contract for a coach means if you’re ahead in the third quarter and moving the ball, they can’t fire you.” — Lou Holtz.

28. “Happiness is nothing more than having a poor memory.” — Lou Holtz

29. “We can all be successful and make money, but when we die, that ends. But when you are significant is when you help other people be successful. That lasts many lifetimes.” — Lou Holtz.

30. “I think that we have opportunities all around us – sometimes we just don’t recognize them.” — Lou Holtz.

31. “Nothing is as good as it seems, and nothing is as bad as it seems. Somewhere in between lies realty.” — Lou Holtz.

32. “No matter what happens on the field, getting an education makes you a winner.” — Lou Holtz.

33. “It’s good to be successful but it’s great to be significant” — Lou Holtz.

34. “Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude.” — Lou Holtz.

35. “My philosophy in life is, decide what you want to do. You have to have something to hope for.” — Lou Holtz.

36. “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.” — Lou Holtz.

37. “See, winners embrace hard work.” — Lou Holtz.

Read ->  71 Frank Sinatra Quotes about Life, Success and Entertainment

38. “I do know this: God does answer your prayers, but it’s not always in the way you expect. God knows what’s best for us, though, so there’s no need to worry when things don’t go how we originally wanted them to go.” — Lou Holtz.

39. “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that’s the difference.” — Lou Holtz.

40. “If you burn your neighbors’ house down, it doesn’t make your house look any better.” — Lou Holtz.

41. “It is a fine thing to have the ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test.” — Lou Holtz.

42. “Coaching is nothing more than eliminating mistakes before you get fired.” — Lou Holtz.

43. “In golf, the player, coach, and official are rolled into one, and they overlap completely. Golf really is the best microcosm of life – or at least the way life should be.” — Lou Holtz.

44. “Do right. Do your best.” — Lou Holtz.

45. “After winning, most teams become individuals; most teams become complacent.” — Lou Holtz.

46. “I just have an enthusiasm for life.” — Lou Holtz.

47. “When all is said and done, more is said than done.” — Lou Holtz.

48. “I won’t accept anything less than the best a player’s capable of doing… and he has the right to expect the best that I can do for him and the team!” — Lou Holtz.

49. “I believe that having a spiritual life is so important in everybody’s life.” — Lou Holtz.

50. “For victory in life, we’ve got to keep focused on the goal, and the goal is Heaven.” — Lou Holtz.

51. “If you’re bored with life – you don’t get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don’t have enough goals.” — Lou Holtz.

38 of the Best Jackie Robinson Quotes

52. “You’ll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him.” — Lou Holtz.

53. “Don’t tell people about your problems…90% of them don’t care, and the other 10% are glad you got them?” — Lou Holtz.

54. “Don’t run if you can walk. Don’t walk if you can stand. Don’t stand if you can sit. Don’t sit if you can lie down.” — Lou Holtz.

55. “Sacrifice, discipline, and prayer are essential. We gain strength through God’s word. We receive grace from the sacrament. And when we fumble due to sin – and it’s gonna happen – confession puts us back on the field.” — Lou Holtz.

Read ->  40 Incredible Ellen DeGeneres Quotes

56. “How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser.” — Lou Holtz.

57. “Everybody wants to talk about their rights and privileges. Twenty-five years ago, people talked about their obligations and responsibilities.” — Lou Holtz.

58. “The problem is, that it’s easy to adopt the attitude of losers.” — Lou Holtz, Teen’s Game Plan for Life.

59. “I think that everybody needs four things in life. Everybody needs something to do regardless of age. Everybody needs someone to love. Everybody needs something to hope for, and, of course, everybody needs someone to believe in.” — Lou Holtz.

60. “The key to winning is choosing to do God’s will and loving others with all you’ve got.” — Lou Holtz.

61. “Whenever you give up something, you must replace it with something.” — Lou Holtz.

62. “All an agent is going to do is buy things for a player, damage his eligibility, and make the player dependent on them.” — Lou Holtz.

63. “Winners and losers aren’t born, they are the products of how they think” — Lou Holtz.

64. “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” — Lou Holtz.

65. “Never tell your problems to anyone…20% don’t care and the other 80% are glad you have them.” — Lou Holtz.

66. “In a successful organization, no detail is too small to escape close attention.” — Lou Holtz.

46 of the Best Ayrton Senna Quotes

Video: Lou Holtz Commencement Speech

This is one of Lou’s many graduation speeches. It’s super motivational and has been viewed nearly 2 million times. Definitely worth a watch if you want some inspiration from Lou today!

Lou Holtz Summary

Quotes are great and wise phrases with deeper meaning from wise individuals. Quotes are meant to teach and inspire individuals in different dimensions and different fields. The above Lou Holtz quotes will help you in shaping and inspiring you on your daily activities as well as in making the right and wise decision.

Image credit: U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Jordon Beesley / Public domain

Leave a Comment