Humans nowadays live fast-paced lives, rushing from one appointment to the other and juggling multiple tasks at a time. Amidst the hustle and bustle, it is easy to lose one’s sense of being to the stressors of the past or the worries of the future. The harsh reality is that our hectic daily routines have unknowingly placed us in the path of struggles like anxiety, depression, and ADHD, disorders that are commonly triggered by sensory overload.
Now more than ever, it is vital that we learn to take a step back and remind ourselves of the value of being present in the moment. Instead of contemplating over bygones or preparing for what’s next, we must learn to be present at the moment at hand.
This is precisely where the concept of mindfulness comes in – the practice of training the human mind to consciously focus on the present moment alone. It is the art of slowing down, taking a breath, and reminding yourself that life is what exists in the now.
This simple practice has proven to ease the body, calm the mind and produce feelings of gratitude and joy. Indeed, a mindful human is a grateful human.
Here are some eye-opening mindfulness gratitude quotes that will help you get started on your journey towards a more peaceful life.
Perspective-Altering Mindfulness Gratitude Quotes
1. “Rejoicing in ordinary things is not sentimental or trite. It actually takes guts.” — Pema Chödrön
2. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough” — Oprah Winfrey
3. “I may not be where I want to be, but I’m thankful for not being where I used to be.” — Habeeb Akande
4. “The feeling that any task is a nuisance will soon disappear if it is done in mindfulness.” –Thích Nhất Hạnh
5. “Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth” — Pema Chödrön
6. “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.”— Mary Davis
7. “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it.”— Richard Bach
8. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
9. “Stop now. Enjoy the moment. It’s now or never.”— Maxime Lagacé
10. Forget yesterday-it has already forgotten you. Don’t sweat tomorrow–you haven’t even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift–today. – Steve Maraboli
11. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
12. I may not be where I want to be, but I’m thankful for not being where I used to be. – Habeeb Akande
13. Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. – Brian Tracy
14. “If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind, too.” – Ivan Nuru
15. “Mindfulness isn’t difficult. We just need to remember to do it.” – Sharon Salzberg
16. “Everything is created twice. First in the mind and then in reality.” – Robin Sharma
17. “Training your mind to be the present moment is the number one key to making healthier choices.” – Susan Albers
18. “Mindfulness is deliberately paying full attention to what is happening around you– in your body, heart, and mind. Mindfulness is awareness without criticism or judgment.” – Jan Chozen Bays
19. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have.” – Eckhart Tolle
20. “Mindfulness is a pause – the space between stimulus and response: that’s where the choice lies.” – Tara Brach
21. “Happiness, not in another place but this place… not for another hour, but this hour.” – Walt Whitman
22. “Cultivating a generous spirit starts with mindfulness. Mindfulness, simply stated, means paying attention to what is happening; it’s about what is really going on.” – Nell Newman
23. “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday, and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do, and mostly live.” – Dalai Lama
24. “The best way to take care of the future is to take care of the present moment.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
25. “The best way to capture moments is to pay attention. This is how we cultivate mindfulness. Mindfulness means being awake.” – Jon Kabat Zinn
26. “Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand melting like a snowflake.” – Francis Bacon Sr.
27. “What you are is what you have been. What you’ll be is what you do now.” – Buddha
28. “Mindfulness helps us to live in harmony with our thoughts, words, and actions.” – Amit Ray
29. “This is the real secret of life — to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” – Alan Watts
30. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.”— Marcus Tullius Cicero
31. “Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
32. “Be where you are; otherwise, you will miss your life.” – Buddha
33. “It is through gratitude for the present moment that the spiritual dimension of life opens up.” – Eckhart Tolle
34. If you only say one prayer in a day, make it thank you. – Rumi
35. “Mindfulness gives you time. Time gives you choices. Choices, skillfully made, lead to freedom.” – Bhante Henepola Gunaratana
36. “Nothing is worth more than this day. You cannot relive yesterday. Tomorrow is still beyond your reach.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
37. “The only way to live is by accepting each minute as an unrepeatable miracle.” – Tara Brach
38. “How we pay attention to the present moment largely determines the character of our experience, and therefore, the quality of our lives.” – Sam Harris
39. “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” – Hermann Hesse
40. “Be where you are, not where you think you should be.” – Unknown
41. “Be happy in the moment. That is enough.” – Mother Teresa
42. “Mindfulness meditation doesn’t change life. Life remains as fragile and unpredictable as ever. Meditation changes the heart’s capacity to accept life as it is.” – Sylvia Boorstein
43. “The struggle ends when gratitude begins” ~ Neale Donald Walsh
44. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ― Melody Beattie
45. “Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.” – Buddha
46. “The answers you seek never come when the mind is busy; they come when the mind is still” – Unknown
47. “Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.”— Deepak Chopra
48. “Gratitude unlocks all that’s blocking us from really feeling truthful, really feeling authentic and vulnerable and happy.”— Gabrielle Bernstein
49. “When gratitude becomes an essential foundation in our lives, miracles start to appear everywhere.”— Emmanuel Dagher
50. “Gratitude doesn’t change the scenery. It merely washes clean the glass you look through so you can clearly see the colors.”— Richelle E. Goodrich
51. “Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up.” – Steve Maraboli
52. “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” – Ralph Blum
53. “If it’s out of your hands, it deserves freedom from your mind too” – Ivan Nuru
54. “In today’s rush, we all think too much–seek too much–want too much–and forget about the joy of just being.” — Eckhart Tolle
55. “In our times, it is radical to choose to sit still and be silent, to resist an identity of busyness, ceaseless motion, and noise, and to reclaim our sanity and humanity by coming home to ourselves.” — Sumi Loundon Kim
Cultivate an Attitude of Gratitude with this 15 Minute Guided Meditation / Mindful Movement
The video mentioned below guides you through a simple 15-minute meditation to help you get a head-start on your mindfulness journey.
These quotes all have one common denominator; they explain the power of the present moment. While losing yourself in life’s complexity is easy, mindfulness can help you regain your center. It is a practice that teaches us human beings to be grateful and make the most of what we have right now. Indeed, the key to a happy future lies in a joyful present
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.