Born as Inquoris Desmond Chase Johnson in February 1986, Inky Johnson aspired to become a professional football player. His career lasted until college, when an unfortunate incident left his right arm paralyzed, ending all his dreams of becoming an NFL player. However, life did not end there for Inky—he overcame multiple physical and mental challenges to become a highly sought after motivational speaker.
Inky has a clear, inspirational perspective that motivates people to take action and leave their fears behind. He is an effective communicator who devotes his time mentoring underprivileged youth and athletes. He is also the co-founder of The Inky and Allison Johnson Foundation.
Motivation Inky Johnson Quotes
1. “The process is more important than the product.” – Inky Johnson
2. “Be stronger than your strongest excuse!” – Inky Johnson
3. “Control what you can control today!” – Inky Johnson
4. “Perspective drives performance every day of the week.” – Inky Johnson
5. “Allow the opposition to make you better.” – Inky Johnson
6. “Everything we do serves as an extension of who we are.” – Inky Johnson
7. “Life is a gift. Have fun and crush it this week!” – Inky Johnson
8. “See something. Believe in it, and go get it.” – Inky Johnson
9. “Will you stay true to what you said you were going to do?” – Inky Johnson
10. “Ease is a greater threat to progress than hardship.” – Inky Johnson
11. “Never forget: Every storm has an expiration date!” – Inky Johnson
12. “The ability to learn is a gift even pain is our teacher!” – Inky Johnson
13. “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” – Inky Johnson
14. “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” – Inky Johnson
15. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Inky Johnson
16. “Try to be better than the person you were yesterday.” – Inky Johnson
17. “Someday you will look back and understand why it all happened the way it did.” – Inky Johnson
18. “Become a champion for life. Become a Vol for Life. Be like Inky.” – Inky Johnson
19. “The longer it takes to happen, the more you’ll appreciate it when it finally does.” – Inky Johnson
20. “Show up. Don’t quit. Live it. Don’t quit. Appreciate it. Don’t quit.” – Inky Johnson
21. “Just work!!! Don’t be driven by the outcome. Embrace the PROCESS!” – Inky Johnson
22. “Never allow life to make you forget why you started!” – Inky Johnson
23. “More of us would learn from our mistakes if we weren’t so busy denying them.” – Inky Johnson
24. “I firmly believe you’re never supposed to wish for more than you’re willing to work for. Expectations should never exceed your effort.” – Inky Johnson
25. “Courage is the commitment to being without any guarantee of success.” – Inky Johnson
26. “At a certain point, the old you has to die off for the new you to become.” – Inky Johnson
27. “Play the hand you’re dealt like it’s the one you’ve always wanted.” – Inky Johnson
28. “Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.” – Inky Johnson
29. “Most have the will to win, few have the will to PREPARE to win.” – Inky Johnson
30. “Impose your will on life and life will have no choice but to give you what you want.” – Inky Johnson
31. “We have to learn to be comfortable being uncomfortable. Pull the strip off and activate your greatness!” – Inky Johnson
32. “Stop worrying how it’s going to happen and start trusting that it will.” – Inky Johnson
33. “Character is not something we inherit. Character is something we have to wake up and build.” – Inky Johnson
34. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” – Inky Johnson
35. “Character supersedes talent. Don’t allow your talent to take you where your character can’t sustain you.” – Inky Johnson
36. “Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses but to discover our strengths!” – Inky Johnson
37. “Be careful not to try and fast forward yourself into a future you haven’t earned. Blessings on the journey.” – Inky Johnson
38. “We never know what life is protecting us from. Control what you can control today.” – Inky Johnson
39.“People don’t burn out because of what they do. People burn out because life makes them forget why they do it.” – Inky Johnson
40. “Every next level of your life will demand a different version of you.” – Inky Johnson
41. “It’s not where you’re trying to go in life that is the problem. It’s what are you willing to leave behind in order to get there.” – Inky Johnson
42. “The most important project you can work on is molding yourself into the person you want to become.” – Inky Johnson
43. “If you can’t handle someone at their worst then you don’t deserve them when they are at their best.” – Inky Johnson
44. “No amount of money ever bought a second of time. Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!” – Inky Johnson
45. “People get upset not because of the adversity they face, but because their adversity reveals who they really are.” – Inky Johnson
46. “Never complain about something you’re not willing to change!” – Inky Johnson
47. “At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should have happened and live in what is happening.” – Inky Johnson
48. “Sometimes your prayers aren’t answered because you’re worth more than you’re asking for.” – Inky Johnson
49. “Redirection, pain, setbacks, shortcoming, highs, lows. They are all part of the process of success. Embrace it, respect it, and trust it.” – Inky Johnson
50. “When we hold onto our history, we do it at the expense of our destiny…. At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should have happened and live in what’s happening.” – Inky Johnson
Tragedy Into Triumph | When God Says No – Inky Johnson Inspirational & Motivational Video
What would you do if everything you worked for your whole life was wiped away in one moment? Inky Johnson, who played safety at Tennessee, was projected to be a first-round NFL draft pick. That dream evaporated when Johnson suffered a life-changing injury that paralyzed his right arm.
Since then, Johnson has turned his story into one of triumph to encourage and uplift those around him.
Inky Johnson quotes are like a mirror that shows people what they must do for the life they want. His words encourage us to stay committed to our goals and not let adversity take over. He tells us that circumstances do not define who we are – we must make the best of what we’ve got!
Inky Johnson – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Happened to Inky Johnson?
In September 2006, Inky Johnson suffered a life-threatening injury that ended his football career. His right arm and hand were paralyzed after the accident. He uses his circumstances and mindset to motivate people from all walks of life.
Does Inky Johnson Have a Podcast?
Yes, he hosts a podcast called Serendipity with Inky Johnson, where he participates in insightful dialogue about the way a person’s life changes by chance.
What Caused Inky Johnson’s Injury?
Inky Johnson sustained a traumatic injury during a match in September 2006. His right arm and shoulder collided with Justin Handley’s helmet.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.