As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Managing your thoughts is very important. it has long been verified that our actions are congruent with our thoughts. James Allen in his book, As A Man Thinketh, underscores the importance of managing our psychology. People from all walks of life, different professionals, and ideologies are driven by their thoughts. In life, your success and happiness are a result of the interplay of thoughts and actions. This masterpiece provides general guidelines to living a self-fulfilling life and can help one change thoughts for the better.
Allen briefly and with expertise addresses the following in his work; the impact of thought on circumstances, the relationship between thought and character, congruence between thought and purpose, achievement as a result of thought, serenity, and visions and ideals. Here are the most inspirational quotes from the book that will uplift your mindset and add positivity to your life!
As a Man Thinketh Quotes
1. “Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
2. “the strength of character gained will be the measure of his true success, and this will form a new starting-point for future power and triumph.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
3. “Man is buffeted by circumstances so long as he believes himself to be the creature of outside conditions, but when he realizes that he is a creative power, and that he may command the hidden soil and seeds of his being out of which circumstances grow, he then becomes the rightful master of himself.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
4. “A man’s mind may be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild; but whether cultivated or neglected, it must, and will, bring forth. If no useful seeds are put into it, then an abundance of useless weed seeds will fall therein and will continue to produce their kind.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
5.”Strong, pure, and happy thoughts build up the body in vigor and grace. The body is a delicate and plastic instrument, which responds readily to the thoughts by which it is impressed, and habits of thought will produce their own effects, good or bad, upon it.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
6. “A strong man cannot help a weaker unless the weaker is willing to be helped, and even then the weak man must become strong of himself; he must, by his own efforts, develop the strength which he admires in another. None but himself can alter his condition.”–James Allen, As aMan Thinketh
7. “During the process of putting himself right, he will find that as he alters his thoughts towards things, and other people, things and other people will alter towards him.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
8. “Man is made or unmade by himself; in the armoury of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself; he also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
9. “Good thoughts and actions can never produce bad results; bad thoughts and actions can never produce good results. This is but saying that nothing can come from corn but corn, nothing from nettles but nettles. Men understand this law in the natural world, and work with it; but few understand it in the mental and moral world (though its operation there is just as simple and undeviating), and they, therefore, do not cooperate with it.”–John Allen, As a Man Thinketh
10. “Let a man radically alter his thoughts, and he will be astonished at the rapid transformation it will effect in the material conditions of his life.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
11. “The oak sleeps in the acorn; the bird waits in the egg; and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
12. “As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.”–James Allen, As aMan Thinketh
13. “Composer, sculptor, painter, poet, prophet, sage, these are the makers of the after-world, the architects of heaven. The world is beautiful because they have lived; without them, laboring humanity would perish.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
14. “Into your hands will be placed the exact results of your own thoughts; you will receive that which you earn; no more, no less.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
15. “Mind is the Master power that moulds and makes, And Man is Mind, and evermore he takes The tool of Thought, and, shaping what he wills, Brings forth a thousand joys, a thousand ills: He thinks in secret, and it comes to pass: Environment is but his looking-glass.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
16. “A noble and Godlike character is not a thing of favor or chance, but is the natural result of continued effort in right thinking, the effect of long-cherished association with Godlike thoughts.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
17. “He also reveals, within himself, the laws of thought, and understands, with ever-increasing accuracy, how the thought forces and mind elements operate in the shaping of his character, circumstances, and destiny.”–James Allen–As a Man Thinketh
18. “The soul attracts that which it secretly harbours; that which it loves, and also that which it fears; it reaches the height of its cherished aspirations; it falls to the level of its unchastened desires.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
19. “The strength of character gained will be the measure of his true success, and this will form a new starting-point for future power and triumph.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
20. “The body is the servant of the mind. It obeys the operations of the mind, whether they be deliberately chosen or automatically expressed. At the bidding of unlawful thoughts the body sinks rapidly into disease and decay; at the command of glad and beautiful thoughts it becomes clothed with youthfulness and beauty.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
21. “Even the man whole sole object is to acquire wealth must be prepared to make great personal sacrifices before he can accomplish his object.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
22. “As you cannot have a sweet and wholesome abode unless you admit the air and sunshine freely into your rooms, so a strong body and a bright, happy, or serene countenance can only result from the free admittance into the mind of thoughts of joy and goodwill and serenity.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
23. “No such conditions can exist as descending into vice and its attendant sufferings apart from vicious inclinations, or ascending into virtue and its pure happiness without the continued cultivation of virtuous aspirations; and man, therefore, as the lord and master of thought, is the maker of himself, the shaper and author of environment.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
24. “Not what he wishes and prays for does a man get, but what he justly earns. His wishes and prayers are only gratified and answered when they harmonize with his thoughts and actions.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
25. “Suffering is always an effect of wrong thought in some direction. It is an indication that the individual is out of harmony with himself, with the Law of his being.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
26. “Thoughts of fear, doubt, and indecision crystallize into weak, unmanly, and irresolute habits, which solidify into circumstances of failure, indigence, and slavish dependance.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
27. “Act is the blossom of thought; and joy and suffering are its fruits; thus does a man garner in the sweet and biter fruitage of his own husbandry.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
28. “He who would accomplish little need sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much. He who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
29. “A man only begins to be a man when he ceases to whine and revile, and commences to search for the hidden justice which regulates his life. And he adapts his mind to that regulating factor, he ceases to accuse others as the cause of his condition, and builds himself up in strong and noble thoughts; ceases to kick against circumstances, but begins to use them as aids to his more rapid progress, and as a means of the hidden powers and possibilities within himself.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
30. “The “divinity that shapes our ends” is in ourselves;”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
31. “The dreamers are the saviours of the world.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
32. “The people who live in fear of disease are the people who get it. Anxiety quickly demoralizes the whole body, and lays it open to the entrance of disease.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
33. “As the plant springs from, and could not be without the seed, so every act of a man springs from the hidden seeds of thought.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
34. “Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
35. “A particular train of thought persisted in, be it good or bad, cannot fail to produce its results on the character and circumstances.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
36. “Nature helps every man to the gratification of the thoughts which he most encourages.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
37. “When a man makes his thoughts pure, he no longer desires impure food.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
38. “Until thought is linked with purpose there is no intelligent accomplishment.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
39. “Weakness cannot persist in a power-evolving universe.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
40. “for you will always gravitate toward that which you, secretly, most love.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
41. “As he thinks, so he is; as he continues to think, so he remains.”–James Allen, As a Man Thinketh
If you appreciate this post, be sure to see our Uplifting Law of Attraction Quotes too!
And you will probably also like our Quotes from The Secret too.
The grandfather of psychology was William James.
Video: You Become What You Think
This video is awesome and inspiration and it highlights one of the top themes from the book. Definitely worth a watch…but only you want to be inspired today!
The power of thoughts cannot be underestimated. thoughts play a big role in our daily happenings. Everything that happens, results from our thoughts
The actions we take in life are shaped by how we think. Thoughts precede our thoughts and behaviors and that is why it is important to surround yourself with happy, positive people so you can lead a more enjoyable life.