As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Body image is how you see yourself when you look in the mirror, or how you think about yourself and your body when you think about yourself. Your body image may include what you feel or think or sense about your body and/or appearance. or when you picture yourself in your mind. Maintaining a good body image requires hard work, time and patience.
According to a recent research, up to 85% of women were not confident with their body image while 76% of men did not like their body images too. Although the journey to the ideal body image may be challenging and may come with a lot of sweat, determination and patience, you will find the right path for you.
In addition to helping you stay physically and mentally fit, these positive body image quotes are essential to help you always stay positive, especially when trying to transform yourself body image. Here are some quotes about body image to help you on your journey to body positivity!
Body Positivity Quotes
1. “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.”-Michelle Obama
2. “Be happy in your own skin. If you are unhealthy, start by making small changes to become healthier. You are unique, beautiful, and worthy.”
3. “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
4. “Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.” -Eve Ensler
5. “Lines can be the etchings of your biggest smiles, the frowns you learned from, the proof that you change and grow.” -Eleanor Gordon-Smith
6. “Weight loss does not make people happy. Or peaceful. Being thin does not address the emptiness that has no shape or weight or name. Even a wildly successful diet is a colossal failure because inside the new body is the same sinking heart.” -Geneen Roth
7. “As a child, I never heard one woman say to me, ‘I love my body’. Not my mother, my elder sister, my best friend. No one woman has ever said, ‘I am so proud of my body.’ So I make sure to say it to my daughter because a positive physical outlook has to start at an early age.” -Kate Winslet
8. “My weight? It is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It’s about being content. And sometimes other priorities win.” – Melissa McCarthy
9. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
10. “Step away from the mean girls and say bye-bye to feeling bad about your looks. Are you ready to stop colluding with a culture that makes so many of us feel physically inadequate? Say goodbye to your inner critic, and take this pledge to be kinder to yourself and others.” — Oprah Winfrey
11. “I’m comfortable in my body and I don’t mind putting it on display. Honestly, I like how unique it is. My big arms, my bigger hands, and these long legs I love being different. If everybody was the same, it would be a boring-ass world.” – Brittney Griner
12. “Girls of all kinds can be beautiful from the thin, plus-sized, short, very tall, ebony to porcelain-skinned; the quirky, clumsy, shy, outgoing and all in between. It’s not easy though because many people still put beauty into a confining, narrow both think outside of the box.” – Tyra Banks
13. “Your body is the piece of the universe you’ve been given, the place where love and joy and grief happen, where happiness unfolds. Do you really want to keep believing that it’s a horrible, ugly, lumpy thing?” -Geneen Roth
14. “My body is not yours to critique and discuss. My body is not yours for consumption. My body is my vessel. An archive of experiences. A weapon that has fought battles only I understand. A library of love, pain, struggle, victory, and mystery.” -Sophie Lewis
15. “And I said to my body softly, ‘I want to be your friend.’ It took a long breath and replied, ‘I have been waiting my whole life for this.” – Nayyirah Waheed
16. “Hating our bodies is something that we learn, and it sure as hell is something that we can unlearn.” -Megan Jayne Crabbe
17. “I’ve finally recognized my body for what it is: a personality-delivery system, designed expressly to carry my character from place to place, now and in the years to come.” – Anna Quindlen
18. “I certainly don’t feel like I have the perfect body type … It’s through your own eyes. It’s just important to have that confidence and self-esteem no matter what body type you have.” – Alex Morgan
19. “Take your time and your talent and figure out what you have to contribute to this world, and get over what the hell your butt looks like in those jeans!”-America Ferrara
20. “To me, being healthy means feeling good about the choices I’m making, and most important, it’s about keeping fit mentally and physically. I’m constantly reminding myself it’s not about my thighs: It’s about my commitment and my happiness level.”- Kristen Bell
21. “Someone’s always going to have a critique. All that matters is what I think of it. And I had to go so deep inside myself and look in the mirror. Looking in the mirror and accepting what’s in the mirror is very, very difficult. And right now, I love it every time I look in the mirror.”- Lizzo
22. “Don’t waste so much time thinking about how much you weigh. There is no more mind-numbing, boring, idiotic, self-destructive diversion from the fun of living.”- Meryl Streep
23. “Body positivity is as simple as making the choice to love yourself despite your shortcomings, to embrace your whole self and not let others dictate how you feel about your body.”
24. “The most important day is the day you decide you’re good enough for you. It’s the day you set yourself free.” – Brittany Josephina
25. “You don’t have to love your body to be kind to it.” – Alissa Rumsey
Related: Self-Esteem Quotes
Related: Self Care Quotes
There are harmonious and inspiring quotes to heal you soul whenever you feel low or are having self doubt about your body image.
Sometimes it takes some time to work through your body image issues. Hang in there and just remember, to give yourself time and patience and take things one step at a time.
And remember…you are beautiful in your own way.