Let’s face it, everyone loves a scrumptious dessert. Myself included! From crisp flaky pastries to creamy divine cheesecake, I find them all to be quite irresistible. Yet, if we go overboard with these tasty treats, they tend to lose their pizazz. This is so even for the most avid of bakers and dessert makers.
When this occurs, I step back, take a deep breath, and seek inspiration from outside sources. Sometimes I view insightful baking videos or go on social media to chat with dessert bloggers.
For baking enthusiasts looking to find an inspirational spark, I have compiled this list of 50 Quotes About Eating Desserts. Each one regards the most noteworthy of pleasure from having your dessert and eating It too. Some you’ll find to be inspiring, others have a funny side to them, and all are without a doubt delicious.
The Most Mouthwatering Dessert Quotes
1. “I’m not a vegetarian! I’m a dessertarian!” — Bill Watterson
2. “This was why She enjoyed baking. A good dessert could make her feel like she’d created joy at the tips of her fingers. Suddenly, the people around the table were no longer strangers. They were friends and confidantes, and She was sharing with them her magic.” — Marissa Meyer
3. “A party without cake is just a meeting.” — Julia Child
4. “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” — David Mamet
5. “Life is what you bake of it.” — Unknown Author
6. “Save room For dessert.” — Unknown Author
7. “Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” — Fernando Pessoa
8. “The secret ingredient is always love.” — Unknown Author
9. “Dessert is like a feel-good song, and the best ones make you dance.” — Edward Lee
10. “You can tell a lot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jellybeans.” — Ronald Reagan
11. “Bake the world a better place.” — Unknown Author
12. “Stressed is just desserts spelled backward.” — Unknown Author
13. “I hope there’s pudding!” — J.K. Rowling
14. “Nothing smells home like the smell of baking.” — Unknown Author
15. “A party without cake is just a meeting.” — Julia Child
16. “I’ve never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn’t fix.” — Sarah Ockler
17. “A recipe has no soul. You, As the cook, must bring soul to a recipe.” — Thomas Keller
18. ““Life is short, eat dessert first.” — Unknown Author
19. “The 12-step chocoholics program: Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate!” — Terry Moore
20. “Never underestimate a woman who loves baking.” — Unknown Author
21. “I’ve never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn’t fix.” — Sarah Ockler
22. “I am starting to think that maybe memories are like this dessert. I eat it, and It becomes a part of me, whether I remember It later or not.” — Erica Bauermeister
23. “If baking is any labor at all, it’s a labor of love. A love that gets passed down from generation to generation.” — Regina Brett
24. “Dessert without cheese is like a beauty with only one eye.” — Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
25. “If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?” — Marie Rabutin-Chantal De Sévigné
26. “Baking is done out of love, to share with family and friends, to see them smile.” — Anna Olson
27. “Sure I eat my feelings, But I save the emotional roller coaster For dessert.” — Josh Stern
28. “There are two kinds of people in the world: those who love chocolate, and communists.” — Leslie Moak Murray
29. “As long As you know how to bake, life is sure to be sweet.” — Unknown Author
Delicious Quotes about Baking!
30. “There is no better way to bring people together than with desserts.” — Gail Simmons
31. “But I, when I undress me. Each night, upon my knees. Will ask the Lord to bless me. With apple-pie and cheese.” — Eugene Field
32. “Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes. It makes people overjoyed and puts them in your debt.” — Judith Olney
33. “After eating chocolate you feel godlike, As though you can conquer enemies, lead armies, entice lovers.” — Emily Luchetti
34. “Some people prefer eating dessert to the main course. These people have never been really hungry.” — Vera Nazarian
35. “Baking is my superpower and my apron is my cape.” — Unknown Author
36. “Dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal since It will be the last thing your guests remember before they pass out all over the table.” — William Powell
37. “As one who appreciated the tragic side of eating, It seemed to him that anything other than fruit For dessert implied a reprehensible frivolity, and cakes, in particular, ended up annihilating the flavor of quiet sadness that must be allowed to linger at the end of a great culinary performance.” — Manuel Vázquez Montalbán
38. “Make love and bake cookies.” — Unknown Author
39. “I love dessert. I can’t be guilty about It because I have to taste everything. I experiment.” — Martha Stewart
40. “What goes on between a man and his missus is nobody’s business; especially where desert toppings involved.” — Tanya Huff
41. “Candy is childhood, the best and bright moments you wish could have lasted forever.” — Dylan Lauren
42. “May you eat an unfamiliar dessert in a strange land at least once every three years.” — Rob Brezsny
43. “And can we get a Tarte Normande, the kind you used to love As a little girl?” The mere mention has my mouth watering and my heart aching. I can almost taste the tarts my mother used to make, with apples from the trees in our garden, loads of freshly grated cinnamon, and a dollop of whipped cream on top. “And can we look For treasure on the beach?” “Yes, sweet child.” “And can we throw rocks in the water and look For starfish in the tide pools?” — Sarah Jio
44. “Desserts are the fairy tales of the kitchen—a happily-ever-after to supper.” — Terri Guillemets
45. “My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, But just enjoy your ice cream while it’s on your plate.” — Thornton Wilder
46. “Let the apples soak in rose syrup. It is easy enough to say… But to make It work requires a huge amount of very delicate, very exacting work. Even just making the rose syrup is a delicate task. The petals must be set to boil in water that is just below the boiling point. Only when the petals are added at exactly the right moment will they reduce down into syrup this pure. Also, when she soaked the apple slices in the syrup, She used no heat at all, meaning none of the flavor was lost. As a result, her apples retained the whole of their fresh and tart flavor, becoming a solid cornerstone of the entire dish. But She did not stop there. She Even brushed the finished tarts with more of the apple extract She made. For her cute and delicate dishes, She will not scrimp on a single step!” — Yuto Tsukud
47. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles M. Schulz
48. “You can be miserable before you have a cookie, and you can be miserable after you eat a cookie, But you can’t be miserable while you are eating a cookie.” — Ina Garten
49. “I am starting to think that maybe memories are like this dessert. I eat it, and It becomes a part of me, whether I remember It later or not.” — Erica Bauermeister
50. “I want to have a good body But not As much As I want dessert.” — Jason Love
Video: Tasty’s Top Dessert Recipes
I hope you enjoyed reading these Quotes About Eating Desserts as much as I did!
May they bring out your inner baker/dessert chef or your sweet tooth cravings. Review them the next time you need a dessert boost, please feel free to share with your friends and like-minded lovers of the sweeter things in life.
And be sure to read our Chef Quotes too!
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.