As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Here is a delectable collection of 50 of the most tempting chocolate quotes for your inner chocoholic.
Dating back thousands of years, chocolate’s revered for its heavenly taste and significant value. The natives in Central America would make a creamy drink with ground cocoa bean powder. Often adding a mixture of various spices, water, honey, chili peppers, and vanilla for added flavor appeal.
Whether it is a gift to symbolize one’s love and affection or a special reward, chocolates are sweet treats everyone adores. And many express their passion for chocolate through written messages and verses such as these chocolate quotes!
1. “Strength is the capacity to break a Hershey bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of the pieces.” — Judith Viorst
2. “Chocolate says I’m sorry so much better than words.” — Rachel Vincent
3. “I don’t drink coffee, but I do try to find a way to get some chocolate in every day.” — Danielle Brooks
4. “There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” — Linda Grayson
5. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles M. Schulz
6. “Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate.” — Jo Brand
7. “Without pain, how could we know joy?’ This is an old argument in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries but suffice it to say that the existence of broccoli does not, in any way, affect the taste of chocolate.” — John Green
8. “Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies.” — Unknown Author
9. “Most of us have fond memories of food from our childhood. Whether it was our mom’s homemade lasagna or a memorable chocolate birthday cake, food has a way of transporting us back to the past.” — Homaro Cantu
10. “Happiness. Simple as a glass of chocolate or tortuous as the heart. Bitter. Sweet. Alive.” — Joanne Harris
11. “God gave the angels wings, and he gave humans chocolate.” — Unknown Author
12. “I literally never ate fruit or vegetables before. My diet instead revolved around ice cream, chocolate, peanut butter, and jelly is eaten with a spoon, pick-n-mix, and lots of cereal and pasta – I was a sugar monster.” — Ella Woodward
13. “Don’t wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty. Chocolate isn’t like premarital sex. It will not make you pregnant. And it always feels good.” — Lora Brody
14. “Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” — Fernando Pessoa
15. “I love chocolate. Black chocolate with marshmallow inside, caramel inside. If I could only have two foods, I’d take some fantastic chocolate. And some terrible chocolate. I love the Clark Bar.” — Sonia Rykiel
16. “Can I come back and see you sometime?” “Long as you bring me some chocolate,” Gramma said and smiled. “I’m partial to chocolate.” “Gramma, you’re diabetic.” “I’m old, girl. Gonna die of something. Might as well be chocolate.” — Rachel Caine
17. “Switzerland is a place where they don’t like to fight, so they get people to do their fighting for them while they ski and eat chocolate.” — Brooklynite Larry David
18. “Usually, about 2 hours before a game, I stuff in a nice peanut butter and jelly with chocolate milk.” — Rob Gronkowski
19. “Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain.” — Dave Barry
20. “The greatest tragedies were written by the Greeks and Shakespeare…neither knew chocolate.” — Sandra Boynton
21. “He showed the words “chocolate cake” to a group of Americans and recorded their word associations. “Guilt” was the top response. If that strikes you as unexceptional, consider the response of French eaters to the same prompt: “celebration.” — Michael Pollan
22. “Yes, boys are a little like shoes. Why? Well…They can be useful. But mainly…They are nice to look at. Getting the right one can be a lovely accessory to an outfit. There are times when you couldn’t do without them. And there are times when you’d rather do without them. Get the wrong ones and they can hurt. There are many types and often the ones that look the nicest are completely unpractical.” — Rachel Hill
23. “The way to a woman’s heart is through truth and trust. Well, all except mine. Mine is through chocolate.” — Taylor E. Bennet
24. “I’m not saying I don’t enjoy the days that I’m not eating chocolate cake. But I do particularly like those days when I am eating chocolate cake.” — Trisha Yearwood
25. “Coffee and chocolate—the inventor of mocha should be sainted.” — Cherise Sinclair
26. “My favorite thing in the world is a box of fine European chocolates which is, for sure, better than sex.” — Alicia Silverstone
27. “I love carrot cake – that’s probably my favorite – and I’m obsessed with peanut butter. I eat anything with peanut butter – maybe not carrot cake with peanut butter – but, I think I got this from ‘The Parent Trap’: Oreos and peanut butter; I like that. And peanut butter and apples, peanut butter and chocolate.” — Jacquelyn Jablonski
28. “The 12-step chocolate program: NEVER BE MORE THAN 12 STEPS AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE!” — Terry Moore
29. “A little chocolate a day keeps the doctor at bay.” — Marcia Carrington
30. “My music is like a baby pink-frosted cake with sprinkles, but when you cut into it, there’s a gooey, dark chocolate center.” — Melanie Martinez
31. “Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes. It makes people overjoyed, and puts them in your debt.” — Judith Olney
32. “Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don’t need an appointment.” — Catherine Aitken
33. “It’s not a struggle to be on a diet. You feel lighter, and your spirit is lighter, too. But I love chocolate, and I allow myself to have chocolate. That doesn’t go against a diet for me.” — Juliette Binoche
34. “May your life be filled, as mine has been, with love and laughter; and remember, when things are rough all you need is … Chocolate.” — Geraldine Solon
35. “My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I’ve finished two bags of M&M’s and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.” — Dave Barry
36. “I’m addicted to chocolate chip cookies. I mean that seriously. If there are chocolate chip cookies, I will devour them.” — Hasan Minhaj
37. “As with most fine things, chocolate has its season. There is a simple memory aid that you can use to determine whether it is the correct time to order chocolate dishes: any month whose name contains the letter A, E, or U is the proper time for chocolate.” — Sandra Boynton
38. “Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two but can’t remember what they are.” — Matt Lauer
39. “My favorite thing about the holiday season is the lights! I love walking around with family, friends, and a cup of peppermint hot chocolate to look at all the beautiful lights and decorations.” — Caroline Sunshine
40. “If it’s not chocolate, it’s not breakfast.” — Laini Taylor
41. “Make a list of important things to do today. At the top of your list, put eat chocolate. Now, you’ll get at least one thing done today.” — Gina Hayes
42. “Chocolate is the first luxury. It has so many things wrapped up in it: deliciousness at the moment, childhood memories, and that grin-inducing feeling of getting a reward for being good.” — Mariska Hargitay
43. “Chocolate is like my best friend and the most intense pleasure at the same time, perhaps not the most intense, but the most regular and reliable one.” — Chloe Doutre-Roussel
44. “It’s not that chocolates are a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is, let’s face it, far more reliable than a man.” — Miranda Ingram
45. “After about 20 years of marriage, I’m finally starting to scratch the surface of what women want. And I think the answer lies somewhere between conversation and chocolate.” — Mel Gibson
46. “I’m pretty sure that eating chocolate keeps wrinkles away because I have never seen a 10-year-old with a Hershey bar and crows feet.” — Amy Neftzger
47. “Save the earth it’s the only planet with chocolate!” — Unknown Author
48. “The joy for me as a writer is that, despite the fact I spend most of my life on my own in a room eating too much chocolate and drinking too much tea, eventually they let me out into the world.” — Abi Morgan
49. “Remember the days when you let your child have some chocolate if he finished his cereal? Now, chocolate is one of the cereals.” — Robert Orben
50. “Today, we know of infinite ways in which this godly ingredient is prepared and enjoyed. Chocolate was the domain of the royals for a long time before the Dutch revolutionized chocolate making in the 19th century. So, have a piece of chocolate today and feel like a queen or king!” — Mike O’Halloran
Karl Petzke said it best in his statement “Chocolate symbolizes, as does no other food, luxury, comfort, sensuality, gratification, and love.”!
Whether you have a sweet tooth or are in need of a good laugh, the above chocolate quotes will help make your day much sweeter.
So, grab your box of chocolate bonbons, sit back and enjoy a quote or two when you need some cheering up!
If you need to buy some chocolate, check these out.