As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Bill Nye mentioned his famous quote “Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” This adage gives an introduction to the star of the article by enforcing that we can learn from anyone, both fictional or non-fictional characters both in real lives or on-screen; movies, TV shows and even video games. Yes, video game! AnQuotes hereby present to you, the man of discussion for today, Duke Nukem.
Duke Nukem is a fictional creation of Todd Replogle, Jim Norwood, George Broussard and Scott Miller of Apogee Software followed by further redesigning in the later years. He is a protagonist of a video game series named after himself. Duke Nukem debuted in 1991 and has since been featured as the main hero of the video game series sequels. This memorable protagonist has undergone various phases of character developments until he becomes an epitome of masculinity as we know today.
Duke Nukem initially started as a silent character in the first two installments of the game series. His physical appearance was an embodiment of a muscular man, somewhat that of a breed between Rambo and Arnold Schwarzenegger. As he continued to evolve over the series, his character receives an enormous boost of confidence quite parallel to his physical persona. He exudes physical abilities which were almost superhuman, including being adept at futuristic firearms and projecting a defense firewall against attacks. With Duke’s boost of ego and steroid-pumped exterior, he also developed an irresistible charm which attracts many women in his universe.
Duke Nukem is not just a man, however. He is a man on a mission to halt the plans of Dr.Proton, a deranged radiation-lobotomised scientist after the failed attempts by the military. Throughout the various levels of the game, we can see Duke Nukem utilising various power-ups and weapon upgrades to battle alien troops of Dr.Proton. These abilities cause him to unlock abilities such as developing claws to grapple on ceilings and overcome gravity by jumping at increasing altitudes. Once the game levels are completed and the alien minions of Dr.Proton are defeated, we can finally say that Duke Nukem, our hero has saved the day.
Duke Nukem Quotes
Here are 60 quotes by Duke Nukem which may or may not have been included in his autobiography which he wrote in ‘Duke Nukem II’ titled ” Why I’m So Great.”
Caution, Duke Nukem’s cheeky vulgarities ahead!
- I’m your worst nightmare, you uninvited alien scum-sucker! And right now you’re all that stands between me and a planet full of babes – so get ready to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye!
- Guess again, freakshow. I’m coming back to town, and the last thing that’s gonna go through your mind before you die… is my size-13 boot!
- That’s gonna leave a mark!
- They don’t make ’em better than me!
- Hmmm… That’s gonna leave a mark.
- I go where I please, and I please where I go.
- I’m God’s gift to women!
- Come get some!
- Hail to The King, baby!
- Hey, kids, you remember I’m a professional, don’t try this at home!
- Babes, bullets, bombs. Damn – I love this job!
- I always said, if there was a way to go, I’d have something to do with women, whips, and oil…
- Yeah, piece of cake!
- Dying ain’t much of a living boy.
- Somebody’s gonna freaking pay for screwing up my vacation!
- Sometimes I even amaze myself. [quoting Han Solo]
- Ahhh, smell those traffic fumes. And no damn aliens! time for some R & R!
- This is why I have games named after me!
- Guns don’t kill mutants, I kill mutants.
- Squeal piggy ! Squeal shove it in here ! Oh boy, it’s clobberin’ time
- Eh… Just a flesh wound.
- My gun’s bigger than yours.
- I’m not gonna fight you, I’m gonna KICK YOUR ASS!
- Staying alive, staying alive, la.
- Let’s rock!
- Looks like cleanup on aisle four.
- My name’s Duke Nukem, and I’m coming to get the rest of you alien bastards!
- Looks like it’s time for me to go postal!
- Suck it down!
- Terminated! [upon discovering the crushed skeleton of The Terminator]
- It’s my way or… Hell, it’s my way!
- Good, Bad, I’m the guy with the gun!
- Nobody steals our chicks… and lives!
- So many babes, so little time.
- Nuke ’em ’till they glow, then shoot ’em in the dark!
- Babes, bullets, bombs. Damn – I love this job!
- Ready for action.
- See you in Hell!
- So much for the new boots…Has anyone seen Mr. Hankey?Is it true that Roman girls have Roman hands?
- Lizard skin makes great boots
- After a few days of R&R… I’ll be ready for more action!
- Damn, I’m good!
- I love the smell of bacon in the morning.
- This really pisses me off!
- Damn, that’s the second time those alien bastards shot up my ride!
- Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride.
- This is KTIT, K-Tit! Playing the breast- uhh, the best tunes in town.
- Harr matey, someone’s gonna take a long walk off a short gang plank!
- Heh, heh, heh… What a mess!
- Ugh, this sucks.
- Little pig, little pig, let me in. Or I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll kick your ass in!
- Rubba-dub-dub. Get out of the tub.
- It’s locked, and I’m an ass kicker not a safe cracker
- We meet again, Doctor Jones!
- I like a good cigar…and a bad woman…
- I should have known those alien maggots booby-trapped this sub.
- I’m an ass kicker, not an aviator.
- It ain’t no bike, but it sure beats the hell outta walking.
- Past Duke: I’m you Genius, only back in time. Now hear me… Aliens have traveled into Earth’s past to try and change history. I went back and fought them, but my time machine was destroyed, and I can no longer chase them through time. As result of their tampering, your timeline will experience temporal disruptions! The military of your future should have time travel technology, but how you get there is your problem. But remember, if you don’t go back in time and make things right, Earth’s history will forever change, and mankind could be wiped out.
If you haven’t seen Duke Nukem before, here is the official trailer for the video Game Duke Nukem forever. Take a couple minutes and enjoy the chaos, violence, and utter mayhem!
Love him or hate him, Duke Nukem has his charms which pave his way into every player’s heart. This egoistic yet cheeky character teaches us that we can all be heroes in our adventures and reminds us that we are the protagonists of our own universe. Even without the fancy gizmos and futuristic gadgets, we can still exude our own confidence to accomplish missions and overcome challenges in our own life stories. If anyone needs to observe the power of confidence in the midst of a comical and adult-humoured setting, look no further, but at Duke Nukem himself.
Image Credit: Apogee Software / Public domain