One of the most enticing prospects about life is being a grandparent to a granddaughter. Your granddaughters are with no doubt remarkable and delightful beings. What makes them great is the idea that they can remind you of the innocence of childhood, without the frustrations that you experienced from your children.
Our grandaughters will always find an incredible way to show love and therefore, we are obliged to reciprocate this love. To achieve this, we need a little inspiration. The most beautiful part about grandparents’ and grandaughters’ relationships is that they will always form a strong bond regardless of the age difference.
Whether it is a small kid or a mature individual, a granddaughter will always be cherished and the apple of their eyes. Below are special quotes about your granddaughters that will warm your heart and also remind you about the love that you experience for your granddaughters
1. “They say genes skip generations. Maybe that is why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable.”– Joan Mclntosh
2. “Grandchildren are loving reminders of what we’re really here for.”– Janet Lanese
3. “Though she be but little, she is fierce.”– William Shakespeare
4. “I love my daughter, but there’s a certain feeling, a certain emotion when you got a granddaughter, you know?”– Bernie Mac
5. “I live right in front of my daughter. I have a little house right in front of her because I can stay in touch. It’s like a little commune, and it’s very nice, because you can be close. I can see my granddaughter. I live very close to my brother, too, and my son. We’re a very close family.”– Debbie Reynolds
6. “Two things I dislike about my granddaughter — when she won’t take her afternoon nap, and when she won’t let me take mine.”– Gene Perret
7. “Yes, I saw Twilight – my granddaughter made me watch it, she said it was the greatest vampire film ever. After the ‘film’ was over I wanted to smack her across her head with my shoe, but I do not want a (tell-all) book called Grannie Dearest written on me when I die. So instead I gave her a DVD of Murnau’s 1922 masterpiece Nosferatu and told her, ‘Now that’s a vampire film!’ And that goes for all of you! Watch Nosferatu instead!” — Lauren Bacall
8. “I am the granddaughter of a Welsh coal miner who was determined that his kids get out of the mines. My dad got his first job when he was six years old, in a little village in Wales called Nantyffyllon, cleaning bottles at the Colliers Arms.”– Ann Romney
9. “I’m here not just as an actress but as a woman, an African-American, a granddaughter of Ellis Island immigrants, a person who could not have afforded college without the help of student loans and as one of millions of volunteers working to re-elect President Obama!”– Kerry Washington
10. “My granddaughter’s birth has made me want to create things she will love.”– Bill Crystal
11. “In mid-career, I was at one and the same time the rabbi of a major congregation, writing books, and teaching at Columbia. I didn’t spend enough time with my children. Now, when I get an all-important call, I sometimes say that I’m having lunch with my granddaughter. And I do not apologize.”– Arthur Hertzberg
12. “If we truly believe that every girl in every corner of the globe is worthy of an education as our own daughters and granddaughters are, then we need to deepen our commitment to these efforts.”– Michelle Obama
13. “The joys of my life are my granddaughters. They are beautiful. You don’t have to believe me. You can ask my wife. She’ll tell you.” — Dom DeLuise
14. “Being grandparents sufficiently removes us from the responsibilities so that we can be friends”– Allan Frome
15. “Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all.” — Fanny Fern
16. “One piece of wisdom from my grandmother that has always served me well is, ‘Always have your own money and pretend the snakes are on it.’ In other words, be sure you have a rainy day fund that only you can access.” –Linda Landsman
17. “Ever since time began: What song is not about love? Whether it’s about love from man to woman or parent to child, or grandmother to granddaughter… It just goes on and on. Or whether it’s the love of one’s country.” –PJ Harvey
18. “I wasn’t happy with the schools they offered, … I want my granddaughter to be in a school with a different learning environment.” — Barbara King
19. “Because (grandparents) are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations.” — Jimmy Carter
20. “It’s funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you’d do. It’s terrific.”– Mike Krzyzewski
21. “I’ve been given this blessing, which is my granddaughter. You’re no longer just you. You suddenly fit into the chest drawers of life.” — Joanna Lumley
22. “I find myself getting so upset because I was never able to be a good mother for my daughter or a good grandmother for my granddaughter because I was always so sick. I only hope that I can live long enough to see my granddaughter graduate.”– Dorothy Moore
23. “Your sons weren’t made to like you. That’s what grandchildren are for.”– Jane Smiley
24. “The grandchildren should not bear the debts of the grandparents.”– Nassim Nicholas Taleb
25. “I have a daughter and I have granddaughters, and I will never vote to let a group of backward-looking ideologues cut women’s access to birth control. We have lived in that world, and we are not going back, not ever.” — Elizabeth Warren
26. “Recently I was tenderly hugging one of our precious little five-year-old granddaughters and said to her, “I love you, sweetheart.” She responded rather blandly: “I know.” I asked, “How do you know that I love you?” Because! You’re my grandfather!” — Russell M. Nelson
27. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” –Lois Wyse
28. “Before you know it you’ll be my age telling your own granddaughter the story of your life and you want to make it an interesting one, don’t you? You want to be able to tell her some adventures, some excitements, some something. How you live your life, little one, is a gift for those who come after you, a kind of inheritance.”– Cristina Garcia
29. “I’m about to become a grandparent and I want to tell my grandchild, ‘Have love and respect for your family, and your friends but above all, yourself.’”– Maxine Tracey Gilbert
30. “My grandmother used to say, ‘Don’t make yourself too useful.’ She meant especially at home. Let your husband make the coffee, do laundry, or other household chores.” –Hilary Harley
31. “The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.”– Sam Levenson
32. “On the seventh day God rested. His grandchildren must have been out of town.”– Gene perret
33. “The best babysitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.”– Dave Barry
34. “To all of the grandmothers who make the world more gentle, more tolerant and more safe for our children. Never doubt your importance.”– Mary-Lou Rosengren
35. With your own children, you love them immediately – and with grandchildren, it’s exactly the same.”– Kevin Whately
36. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.”– Pam Brown
37. “Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old.”–Mary H. Waldrip
38. “Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.”– Doug Larson
39. “Perhaps the two greatest moments of my life were standing on the moon and being outside of the room when my granddaughter was born! We tend not to remember the worst.”- Gene Cernan
40. “Grandchildren are God’s reward for not killing your kids.”–Tony Campolo
In conclusion, the granddaughter-grandparent is one of the most unique relationships we experience in life since it spans multi-generations of a family. Grandparents are able to convey family traditions across multiple generations.
Being a grandparent is a unique and wonderful experience that not everyone gets to experience in life. As a grandparent you hold a unique place in the lives of your children and grandchildren and can have a great impact on their lives.
Related: Daughter to Father Quotes – to improve your relationship!
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.