Eren Yeager is one of the most dedicated and formidable protagonists of the Attack on Titan anime and manga series. He is a calm person and fears nothing, not even the humanoid creature called Titans that devoured his mother and destroyed his town.
Eren saw his mother being eaten by a Titan when he was just a child, which forced him to understand the direness of the situation and have a single goal in life: to destroy all Titans. He trained hard to become the most undefeatable Titan slayer of all time and is deemed one of the strongest soldiers humanity has ever had on its side.
Many critics have called Eren’s character to be too antagonistic and harsh, but fans admire Eren Yeager for his strength of character and fantastic growth arc. His role becomes more ambiguous in the later seasons of the anime and manga chapters.
Eren was nominated for Best Antagonist and Best Protagonist in 2022’s Crunchyroll Anime Awards since he didn’t fit into the traditional role of a hero. He won in the former category but is still loved by the Attack on Titan fan base for his ideas and amazing strength.
For nostalgic fans of the series, we have compiled some of the most admirable Eren Yeager quotes from Attack on Titan manga and anime.
Here Are Some of the Best Eren Yeager Quotes
1. “I disposed of some dangerous beasts. Mere animals that just happened to resemble humans.” — Eren Yeager
2. “And just like that, everything changed. At that terrible moment, in our hearts, we knew. Home was a pen. Humanity… cattle.” — Eren Yeager
3. “It’s humanity’s turn now.” — Eren Yeager
4. “I’ll kill all of them… every last one of them!” — Eren Yeager
5. “Actually, the Titans are no big deal. Once we learn how to operate the 3-dimensional maneuver gear, they’ll be no match for us!” — Eren Yeager
6. “I believed that I must kill them all… That I must annihilate all the Titans myself. That’s what I believed.” — Eren Yeager
7. “I’ll kill every last one of them and break free of these walls!” — Eren Yeager
8. “You’re drinking again? Uhm… Aren’t you on duty? But if you’re drunk, how are you gonna fight? When they break the wall and come in!” — Eren Yeager
9. “I want to see and understand the world outside. I don’t want to die inside these walls without knowing what’s out there! On top of that, if no one takes on their jobs, then those who lost their lives will have died in vain!” — Eren Yeager
10. “Yeah, I know. We might not get out, but we’ll live as long as we can, eat and sleep. But… We’re living like… Like livestock…” — Eren Yeager
11. “Stupid? People who are content living like livestock are more stupid!” — Eren Yeager
12. “I’ve made it here at last. It’s humanity’s turn now. This time around… mankind will feast upon the Titans!” — Eren Yeager
13. “I did it! How’s that, Mikasa? I can do this! I can fight the Titans! I don’t need to have you looking after me anymore!” — Eren Yeager
14. “Armin… because you told me about it… I’m going to go… to the outside world.” — Eren Yeager
15. “I… made a choice. And it killed everyone.” — Eren Yeager
16. “I’ll tear you apart. Once my hand heals, I’ll rip you apart… Tear you to shreds…Rip you into tiny pieces… And eat you!” — Eren Yeager
17. “Berthold… Reiner… You damn traitors!” — Eren Yeager
18. “I appreciate that, sir… but I’m not stupid. And I’m the last thing you’ll ever see.” — Eren Yeager
19. “What is the point if those with the means and power do not fight?” — Eren Yeager
20. “I don’t have time to worry if it’s right or wrong; you can’t hope for a horror story with a happy ending!” — Eren Yeager
21. “Nothing can suppress a human’s curiosity.” — Eren Yeager
22. “No matter how messed up things get, you can always figure out the best solution.” — Eren Yeager
23. “I’m not gonna die here… ” — Eren Yeager
24. “If you think reality is just living comfortably and following your own whims, can you seriously dare to call yourself a soldier?” — Eren Yeager
25. “What are you going to do if the ones with the strength don’t fight for you?” — Eren Yeager
26. “There’s no time to figure out if this is the right thing to do! Just move… Don’t try to keep your hands clean. That’s right; the world is cruel.” — Eren Yeager
27. “We’re born free. All of us. Free. Some don’t believe it; some try to take it away. To hell with them! Water like fire, mountains of ice, the whole bit. Lay your eyes on that, and you’ll know what freedom is, that it’s worth fighting for! Fight to live, risk it all for even a glimmer of real freedom! It doesn’t matter what’s waiting outside the gate or what comes in! It doesn’t matter how cruel the world can be or how unjust! Fight. Fight. Fight. FIGHT! FIGHT!” — Eren Yeager
28. “How come you get looked down upon just for saying you want to go outside?” — Eren Yeager
29. “I will wipe the Titans out and leave the confined walls to explore the outside world.” — Eren Yeager
30. “If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!” — Eren Yeager
31. “You don’t get it. You’ve never seen it! The way they eat people!” — Eren Yeager
32. “I’m not like those wall-sheltered pigs, pretending to be tough!” — Eren Yeager
33. “There’s a sea… and just across that sea, freedoms wait. That’s what I always believed, at least. But I was wrong. I know what’s waiting across the sea now. It’s our enemies. Everything we’ve seen… has been exactly as it was in my father’s memories. Hey… if we did cross the sea and we killed our enemies… after that, will we finally be free?” — Eren Yeager
34. “If someone is willing to take my freedom… I won’t hesitate to take theirs. Our father never made me that way. It’s who I’ve been since the time I was born.” — Eren Yeager
35. “On that day, mankind received a grim reminder. We lived in fear of the Titans, and were disgraced to live in these cages we called walls.” — Eren Yeager
Evolution of Eren Yeager in Attack on Titan
Here is the evolution of Eren Yeager’s character from the Attack on Titan anime and manga series. This video highlights Eren Yeager’s power levels and transformation as the plot progresses.
Eren Yeager is one of the most memorable and strongest characters from the Attack on Titan franchise. He is a dedicated Titan slayer and has hated Titans ever since one devoured his mother and destroyed his hometown. To avenge his family, he wants to kill all Titans and achieve true freedom. As the story progresses, Eren and his friends learn that Titans are not their real enemies, but other countries are using the giant cannibals to kill their friends and family. When Eren learns this truth, he aims to fulfill his goals by murdering thousands of people that contributed to his family’s death and hometown’s devastation.
For more anime-related quotes, please click on any of the links below.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.