We want to become adults when we are young, thinking that’s where all the happiness and freedom exists. As we grow up, the realities of life make us crave the good old days—something we can’t get back. We have to show a serious side to the world, letting them know we are fit for society!
If the world is wearing you down with its responsibilities, read our inner child quotes. They will protect the happy child inside your heart and help it surface every once in a while!
44 Playful Inner Child Quotes
1. “The most sophisticated people I’ve ever known had just one thing in common: they were all in touch with their inner children.” ― Jim Henson
2. “When childhood dies, its corpses are called adults.” ― Brian Aldiss
3. “Deep meaning lies often in childish play.” ― Friedrich von Schiller
4. “The child is in me still and sometimes not so still.” ― Fred Rogers
5. “Everybody’s twelve years old in an apple orchard.” ― Rachael Ray
6. “Hello, inner child, I’m the inner babysitter!” ― Terry Pratchett
7. “May you always see the world through the eyes of a child.” ― C.J. Heck
8. “There is a child in all of us that refuses to grow up, a child that is in awe of what can be, the polar opposite of the cynic in all of us who despairs over what is. Stories of magic, fantastic monsters, impossible courage, and spectacular heroism appeal to this child, instilling it with hope and faith in humanity and in the cosmic order.” ― Shatrujeet Nath
9. “Remember that your inner-child needs to come out and play sometimes.” ― Anonymous
10. “I want a man, but I want a man that also wants to embrace his inner child.” ― Paula Patton
11. “We nurture our creativity when we release our inner child. Let it run and roam free. It will take you on a brighter journey.” ― Serina Hartwell
12. “Let us liberate ourselves from any form of control. Let us focus at the inner drum, where the rhythm aligns with that of our heart. The measure of responsibility equals the need for evolution. Just listen, the inner child, let it whisper in your ear.” ― Grigoris Deoudis
13. “After a while, the middle-aged person who lives in her head begins to talk to her soul, the kid.” ― Anne Lamott
14. “I’m happy to report that my inner child is still ageless.” ― James Broughton
15. “When we’re kids, we start off authentically ourselves before our experiences change us into our adult personas. But if we’re trying to reclaim that innocence, how can we get there by using those false adult tools? We need to act like the inner child that we want to get in touch with.” ― Shawn Wells
16. “She held herself until the sobs of the child inside subsided entirely. I love you, she told herself. It will all be okay.” ― H. Raven Rose
17. “Let us listen to the needs of our inner child that is being tamed and imprisoned by the rules of a grown-up world.” ― Erik Pevernagie
18. “Everything seemed possible when I looked through the eyes of a child. And every once in a while; I remember, I still have the chance to be that wild.” ― Nikki Rowe
19. “Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten. Then when you hit puberty, they take the crayons away and replace them with dry, uninspiring books on algebra, history, etc. Being suddenly hit years later with the ‘creative bug’ is just a wee voice telling you, ‘I’d like my crayons back, please.” ― Hugh MacLeod
20. “When you feel a child inside of you springing to life, that’s how you know you’re where you should be.” ― C. JoyBell C.
21. “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.” – Stephen Nachmanovitch
22. “I’m not so sure that the adult within me teaches the child within me. Rather, I think that the child does most of the educating.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
23. “Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.” ― Heraclitus
24. “Each man carries within him the soul of a poet who died young.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupery
25. “When children act serious, we feel amused by them. People are just children who have taken their roles too seriously. If you feel anything but amused by them, you too have taken your role too seriously.” ― Shunya
26. “Any peace talks should begin with making peace with ourselves. First, we need to recognize our anger, embrace it, and make peace with it. You don’t fight your anger because your anger is you. Your anger is the wounded child in you. Why should you fight your anger? The method is entirely nonviolent: awareness, mindfulness, and tenderly holding your anger within you. Like this, your anger will transform naturally.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
27. “Inner child work is essential. It’s the essence of growth as a whole person.” ― Cheryl Richardson
28. “When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.” ― Walt Disney
29. “Hold the hand of the child that lives in your soul. For this child, nothing is impossible.” ― Paulo Coelho
30. “My quest these days is to find my long-lost inner child, but I’m afraid if I do, I’ll end up with food in my hair and way too in love with the cats.” ― Kenny Loggins
31. “Growing up is not just about moving forward, but also an endless cycle of returning to our childhood wonders and wounds.” ― Silvery Afternoon
32. “The problem with the inner child is that if it keeps showing too often, people label you as childish.” ― Shon Mehta
33. “What has always struck me about every Zen master I’ve met and every Zen book I’ve read is the sense of humor. Mindfulness in practice is not endlessly silent as much as it is delightfully playful. Presence and connection come with a pinch of sassiness that allows us to return to our inner child in authenticity and lightness.” ― Aline Ra M
34. “Caring for your inner child has a powerful and surprisingly quick result: Do it, and the child heals.” ― Martha Beck
35. “Imagination is our inner-child and creativity, its playground.” ― Jaeda DeWalt
36. “Many of us are guilty of not taking enough time to dial into our inner child’s voice.” ― Kim Ha Campbell
37. “See the world through the eyes of your inner child. The eyes that sparkle in awe and amazement as they see love, magic, and mystery in the most ordinary things.” ― Henna Sohail
38. “Some people think ignoring their inner child makes them seem grown-up. When I see someone ignoring a crying child, I think they’re an asshole” ― Jay Bell
39. “The real you is still a little child who never grew up. Sometimes that little child comes out when you are…expressing yourself in some way. These are the happiest moments of your life – when the real you comes out, when you don’t care about the past, and you don’t worry about the future. You are childlike.” ― Miguel Angel Ruiz
40. “Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” ― C.S. Lewis
41. “So, like a forgotten fire, a childhood can always flare up again within us.” ― Gaston Bachelard
42. “Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” ― Jean de la Bruyere
43. “Life is meant to be fun! Hang out with your inner child. Splash in some puddles now and then.” ― Emma Mildon
44. “Growing up is a terribly hard thing to do. It is much easier to skip it and go from one childhood to another.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
6 Signs You Have a Wounded Inner Child
The inner child is a powerful psychological reality that should be taken seriously. Like everyone else, you were once a child, and a piece of that still lives within you. Your inner child is an unconscious part of who you are, though; it’s a metaphorical concept that explains the individual’s childlike aspects and what they learned in their first few years. So here are 6 Signs You Have a Wounded Inner Child!
Your heart never grew up! It still wants to indulge in the childhood shenanigans and create trouble for you. Even so, it won’t because the world demands you to be an adult; serious and dependable.
That said, being an adult does not have to be boring. You can be a responsible adult and let your inner child out to breathe freely and enjoy the carefree life every once in a while.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.