As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Jordan Belfort is a prominent American stockbroker, motivational speaker, podcaster and also an author. He was born and raised in a middle-class, but thrived in the stock market and distinguished for his natural talent to sell. Jordan Belfort owned a company known as ‘Stratton Oakmont’ that he turned into a profitable venture through a number of unethical ways. Jordan motivated his brokers to fetch money from his customers through some questionable sales tactics.
Moreover, he was infamous for the ‘pump and dump’ method that influenced customers to purchase shares of duped companies. This increased its rate and then he made profits through selling off his shares in the company. This, in turn, increased his money flow. However, the authorities discovered this and he was jailed for 4 years. In this time, Jordan recorded his experiences in his book, The Wolf of Wall Street.
Jordan Belfort Quotes
1. “If you want to be rich, never give up. People tend to give up. If you have persistence, you will come out ahead of most people. More importantly, you will learn. When you do something, you might fail. But that’s not because you’re a failure. It’s because you have not learned enough. Do it differently each time. One day, you will do it right. Failure is your friend.”– Jordan Belfort.
2. “Act as if! Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and then you’ll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you. Act as if you have unmatched experience and then people will follow your advice. And act as if you are already a tremendous success, and as sure as I stand here today – you will become successful.”– Jordan Belfort.
3. “I believe in total immersion, if you want to be rich, you have to program your mind to be rich. You have to unlearn all the thoughts that were making you poor and replace them with new thoughts – rich thoughts.”– Jordan Belfort.
4. “You don’t choose who you fall in love with, do you? And once you do fall in love—that obsessive sort of love, that all-consuming love, where two people can’t stand to be apart from each other for even a moment—how are you supposed to let a love like that pass you by?”– Jordan Belfort.
5. “There are always patterns in everything, there are patterns in books, there are patterns in human behavior, there are patterns in success, there are patterns for everything in life. You just need to pay attention to them.”– Jordan Belfort.
6. The only thing standing between you and your dream is the false story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it”.. Jordan Belfort.
7. “One day’ – I gestured with my chin toward the plate glass – ‘all that will be gone, and so will all that so-called loyalty. And when that day comes, I don’t want you to have any knowledge of some of the things that went on here. That’s why I’m evasive with you sometimes. It’s not that I don’t trust you or that I don’t respect you – or that I don’t value your opinion. It’s the opposite, Dad. I keep things from you because I love you, and because I admire you, and because I want to protect you from the fallout when all this starts to unwind.”– Jordan Belfort.
8. “Every human being, after all, is possessed with the undeniable urge to confess his sins. Religions were built on such things. And kingdoms were conquered with the promise that all sins would be forgiven afterward.”– Jordan Belfort.
9. “Let me tell you something. There’s no nobility in poverty. I’ve been a rich man and I’ve been a poor man. And I choose rich every f**king time.”– Jordan Belfort.
10. “One thing I can promise you is that I never ask my clients to judge me on my winners, I ask them to judge me on my losers because I have so few.”– Jordan Belfort.
11. “Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny, they’re not creatures of circumstance, they create circumstance, if the circumstances around them suck they change them.”– Jordan Belfort.
12. “Victor was Chinese by birth and Jewish by injection, having been raised amid the most savage young Jews anywhere on Long Island: the towns of Jericho and Syosset.”– Jordan Belfort.
13. “If I earn a million dollars a week and the average American earns a thousand dollars a week, then when I spend twenty thousand dollars on something it’s the equivalent of the average American spending twenty dollars on something, right?”– Jordan Belfort.
14. “No matter what happened to you in your past, you are not your past, you are the resources and the capabilities you glean from it. And that is the basis for all change.”– Jordan Belfort.
15. “I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. Let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.”– Jordan Belfort.
16. “The easiest way to make money is – create something of such value that everybody wants and go out and give and create value, the money comes automatically.”– Jordan Belfort.
17. “You need to see things as they are, not worse than they are than see them better than they are and make them that way.”– Jordan Belfort.
18. “I’m constantly asking myself questions. And the problem with that is that your brain is like a computer: If you ask a question, it’s programmed to respond, whether there’s an answer or not. I’m constantly weighing everything in my mind and trying to predict how my actions will influence events.”– Jordan Belfort.
19. “Without action, the best intentions in the world are nothing more than that: intentions.”– Jordan Belfort.
20. “Some people say that it’s so hard with the Internet, but I know for a fact that the Internet has made it easier for someone to establish themselves. There’s so much you can do online. If you know how to use it right, the web serves as the great equalizer for someone that’s just getting into business.”– Jordan Belfort.
21. “Look at them; as much money as they make, every last one of them is broke! They spend every dime they have, trying to keep up with my lifestyle. But they can’t, because they don’t make enough. So they end up living paycheck to paycheck on a million bucks a year. It’s hard to imagine, considering how you grew up, but, nevertheless, it is what it is.”– Jordan Belfort.
22. “After all, it was the nature of twentieth-century capitalism that everyone should scam everyone, and he who scammed the most ultimately won the game. On that basis, I was the undefeated world champ.”– Jordan Belfort.
23. “Give yourself no choice but to succeed. Let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed.” — Jordan Belfort.
24. “”When you live your life by poor standards, you inflict damage on everyone who crosses your path, especially those you love.”– Jordan Belfort.
25. “He was a complicated man, my father; a man of great mental capacity who was driven to succeed yet humbled into mediocrity by his own emotional limitations.”– Jordan Belfort.
26. “But what I sincerely hope is that my life serves as a cautionary tale to the rich and poor alike; to anyone who’s living with a spoon up their nose and a bunch of pills dissolving in their stomach sac; or to any person who’s considering taking a God-given gift and misusing it; to anyone who decides to go to the dark side of the force and live a life of unbridled hedonism. And to anyone who thinks there’s anything glamorous about being known as a Wolf of Wall Street.”– Jordan Belfort.
27. “I had considered changing my phone number, but I was so far behind on my phone bill that NYNEX was after me too.”– Jordan Belfort.
28. “My name is Jordan Belfort. I was raised in a tiny apartment in Queens. At the tender age of 22 I headed to Wall Street. Within months I started my own firm out of an abandoned auto body shop. The year I turned 26, I made 49 million dollars which really pissed me off because it was three shy of a million a week.”– Jordan Belfort.
29. “Best way to sell something: don’t sell anything. Earn the awareness, respect and trust of those who might buy.”– Jordan Belfort.
30. “The real question is this: was all this legal? Absolutely f**king not. But we were making more money than we knew what do with.”– Jordan Belfort.
31. “If you try and fail, people will praise you for trying. If you fail to even try people will ignore you.”– Jordan Belfort
32. “Create a vision that makes you wanna jump out of bed in the morning.”– Jordan Belfort.
33. “Whether you say ‘I can’ or ‘I can’t’ you’re right either way.”–Jordan Belfort.
34. “Have you got the guts to live?”–Jordan Belfort.
35. “Playing it safe and taking no risks is a shortcut to poverty.”– Jordan Belfort.
Jordan Belfort Video – Wolf of Wall Street Trailer
This is a fun and crazy movie. This is the original trailer for it. Leonardo does an amazing job of playing Jordan in the movie. If you haven’t seen the movie, check out this trailer.
And if you have seen it, we have a hunch this will inspire you to watch it again.
In conclusion, Jordan Belfort started out as an ambitious kid who wanted to be successful. He became successful but broke some laws along the way and ran into trouble with the legal system. As a result he went to jail. During jail he used his time productively which led to him writing his first book. That led to a sequel. And then to a well known movie that featured Leonardo DiCaprio. All of those things helped him rehabilitate himself and turn his life around. Jordan is now a well known motivational speaker and sales consultant.
Image Credit: SVG: STVN Logo: Universal / Public domain