Jordan Peterson is a clinical psychologist And also a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto. Peterson released a series of videos in 2016, in the youtube platform, criticizing political correctness. Through his videos, Peterson received significant media coverage that attracted both support And criticism. Peterson has majored in his studies in social, abnormal, And personality psychology. He has a particular interest in religious psychology as well as ideological belief And improvement of performance And personality.
Jordan Peterson has a bachelor’s degree in psychology And political science from the University of Alberta. He furthered his studies And attained a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the University of McGill. Peterson’s first book ‘ Maps of Meaning’ scrutinized several academic fields to explain the systems of myths And beliefs.
Jordan Peterson Quotes
Below is a collection of Jordan Peterson quotes that will inspire you to live your dreams and improve your life.
1. “The truth is something that burns. It burns off dead wood. And people don’t like having the dead wood burnt off, often because they’re 95 percent dead wood.”–Jordan Peterson.
2. “I’m always surprised when people respond positively to what I am saying, given its seriousness And strange nature.”–Jordan Peterson.
3. “The connection between psychology, mythology, And literature is as important as the connection between psychology And biology And the hard sciences.”– Jordan Peterson.
4. “Once someone has spent enough time cultivating bad habits And biding their time, they are much diminished. Much of what they could have been has dissipated.”– Jordan Peterson.
5. “It’s a small percentage of people who do the 80-hour-a-week high-powered career thing, And they’re almost all men. Why? Well, men are driven by socio-economic status more than women.”– Jordan Peterson.
6. “You must determine where you are going in your life because you cannot get there unless you move in that direction. Random wandering will not move you forward. It will instead disappoint And frustrate you And make you anxious And unhappy And hard to get along with (and then resentful, And then vengeful, And then worse).”– Jordan Peterson.
7. “You cannot be protected from the things that frighten you And hurt you, but if you identify with the part of your being that is responsible for transformation, then you are always equal or more than the equal of the things that frighten you.”– Jordan Peterson.
8. “You can only find out what you actually believe (rather than what you think you believe) by watching how you act. You simply don’t know what you believe, before that. You are too complex to understand yourself.”– Jordan Peterson.
9. “Don’t underestimate the power of vision And direction. These are irresistible forces, able to transform what might appear to be unconquerable obstacles into traversable pathways And expanding opportunities.”– Jordan Peterson.
10. “You should be better than you are, but it’s not because you’re worse than other people. It’s because you’re not everything you should be.”.. Jordan Peterson.
11. “If you aren’t moving forward in your life there is some idea, mode of action, or habit you’re so in love with you won’t let go of it.”– Jordan Peterson.
Related: Epictetus – Most Interesting Quotes
12. “Memory is a tool. Memory is the past’s guide to the future. If you remember that something bad happened, And you can figure out why, then you can try to avoid that bad thing happening again. That’s the purpose of memory. It’s not ‘to remember the past.’ It’s to stop the same damn thing from happening over And over.”– Jordan Peterson.
13. “You have to listen very carefully And tell the truth if you are going to get a paranoid person to open up to you.”– Jordan Peterson.
14. “You can say, ‘Well, isn’t it unfortunate that chaos is represented by the feminine’ – well, it might be unfortunate, but it doesn’t matter, because that is how it’s represented. It’s been represented like that forever. And there are reasons for it. You can’t change it. It’s not possible. This is underneath everything.”– Jordan Peterson.
15. “Kathleen Wynne And her band of radical-left cronies think they have a handle on what constitutes human identity And also what should constitute human morality. And I think that that’s being pushed in a manner in schools that’s completely reprehensible. It’s not education, in my estimation. It’s a form of indoctrination.”– Jordan Peterson.
16. “I have a hard time figuring out what kind of box to put me in, too, because I don’t know exactly what’s going on around me or why. But I need to stay outside of boxes because then I can look at what’s inside of them without being part of them.”– Jordan Peterson.
17. “The secret to your existence is right in front of you, And it manifests itself as all those things you know you should do but you’re avoiding.”– Jordan Peterson.
18. “Face the demands of life voluntarily. Respond to a challenge, instead of bracing for catastrophe.”– Jordan Peterson.
19. “You’re going to pay a price for every bloody thing you do And everything you don’t do. You don’t get to choose to not pay a price. You get to choose which poison you’re going to take. That’s it.”– Jordan Peterson.
20. “It took untold generations to get you where you are. A little gratitude might be in order. If you’re going to insist on bending the world to your way, you better have your reasons.”– Jordan Peterson.
21. “The better ambitions have to do with the development of character And ability, rather than status And power. Status you can lose. You carry character with you wherever you go, And it allows you to prevail against adversity.”– Jordan Peterson.
22. “Ideologies are substitutes for true knowledge, And ideologues are always dangerous when they come to power, because a simple-minded I-know-it-all approach is no match for the complexity of existence.”– Jordan Peterson.
23. “Every bit of learning is a little death. Every bit of new information challenges a previous conception, forcing it to dissolve into chaos before it can be reborn as something better. Sometimes such deaths virtually destroy us.”– Jordan Peterson.
24. “You may say, ‘Well, dragons don’t exist.’ It’s, like, yes they do – the category ‘predator’ And the category ‘dragon’ are the same category. It absolutely exists. It’s a superordinate category. It exists absolutely more than anything else. In fact, it really exists.”– Jordan Peterson.
Related: Quotes about dragons
25. “It’s in the best interest of the radical left types – best psychological And strategic interest – to refuse to admit to the possibility that reasonable people can object to their ideological staff. Because if reasonable people objected, that would imply that their ideological stance is not reasonable.”– Jordan Peterson.
26. “I’ve known for years that the university underserved the community, because we assumed that university education is for 18- to 22-year-olds, which is a proposition that’s so absurd it is absolutely mind-boggling that anyone ever conceptualized it. Why wouldn’t you take university courses throughout your entire life?”– Jordan Peterson.
27. “Our physiological constitution is obviously a product of Darwinian processes, insofar as you buy the evolutional theory as a generative, as an account of the mechanism that generated us. Our physiology evolved, our behaviors evolved, And our accounts of those behaviors, both successful And unsuccessful, evolved.”– Jordan Peterson.
28. “Territory matters, And there is little difference between territorial rights And social status. It is often a matter of life And death.”– Jordan Peterson.
29. “You need to consider the future And think, “What might my life look like if I were caring for myself properly?”– Jordan Peterson.
30. “We are not equal in ability or outcome, And never will be. A very small number of people produce very much of everything. The winners don’t take all, but they take most, And the bottom is not a good place to be.”– Jordan Peterson.
31. “Things fall apart: this is one of the great discoveries of humanity. And we speed the natural deterioration of great things through blindness, inaction And deceit.”– Jordan Peterson.
32. “Adopt responsibility for your own well-being, try to put your family together, try to serve your community, try to seek for eternal truth… That’s the sort of thing that can ground you in your life, enough so that you can withstand the difficulty of life.”– Jordan Peterson.
33. “The highly functional infrastructure that surrounds us, particularly in the West, is a gift from our ancestors: the comparatively uncorrupt political And economic systems, the technology, the wealth, the lifespan, the freedom, the luxury, And the opportunity.”– Jordan Peterson.
34. “I don’t think that you have any insight whatsoever into your capacity for good until you have some well-developed insight into your capacity for evil.”– Jodan Peterson.
35. “Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.”– Jordan Peterson.
36. “The poor And stressed always die first, And in greater numbers. They are also much more susceptible to non-infectious diseases, such as cancer, diabetes And heart disease. When the aristocracy catches a cold, as it is said, the working class dies of pneumonia”– Jordan Peterson.
37. “The way that you make people resilient is by voluntarily exposing them to things that they are afraid of And that makes them uncomfortable.”– Jordan Peterson.
38. “The most propagandistic element of ‘Frozen’ was the transformation of the prince at the beginning of the story, who was a perfectly good guy, into a villain with no character development whatsoever about three-quarters of the way to the ending.”– Jordan Peterson.
39. “If you’re talking to a man who wouldn’t fight with you under any circumstances whatsoever, then you’re talking to someone for whom you have absolutely no respect.”– Jordan Peterson.
40. “To master a new technology, you have to play with it.”– Jordan Peterson.
In conclusion, Jordan is an intellectual who has written several books that inspire individuals to live their dreams. This article has provided you with the 40 most famous quotes by Jordan Peterson.
Related: Eric Weinstein Quotes
Jordan Peterson Video
This interview with Jordan Peterson and Helen Lewis from British GQ went viral. As of today it has over 16 million views! It is a very heated, contentious discussion. And its a good illustration of Dr. Peterson’s calm approach to attacks and how he deals with intentional misrepresentation and misinterpretation of things he has said. Definitely worth a watch!
Related: Joe Rogan’s Best Quotes
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.