Kung Fu Panda is a 2008 American animated movie that was produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Paramount Pictures. It was directed by John Stevenson (in his feature directorial debut) and Mark Osborne, and features a famous case of celebrity voices included: Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie, Ian McShane, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, David Cross, Randall Duk Kim, James Hong, Dan Fogler, Michael Clarke Duncan, and Jackie Chan.
The film takes place in a fantasy world that is ancient China populated with animated, anthropomorphic talking animals. The plot focuses on Po, a clumsy panda who is a Kung Fu enthusiast. An evil Kung Fu warrior (Tai Lung) escapes from prison and it turns out that Po is named the “Dragon Warrior” who is destined to defeat him. The movie is a hero’s journey narrative and even more fun because of the cute animated characters that appeal to adults and children alike!
Kung Fu Panda premiered in the United States on June 6, 2008 to extensive positive reviews. It went on to earn over $60 million dollars on its opening weekend and became number one at the box office. A sequel, Kung Fu Panda 2 was released in 2011 and then Kung Fu Panda 3 was released in 2016.
Kung Fu Panda Quotes
- “We do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears” ― Shifu
- “You must let go of the illusion of control…” ― The Turtle
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift…that’s why they call it present” ― Master Oogway
- “Your story may not have such a happy beginning but that does not make you who you are, it is the rest of it- who you choose to be”
― Soothsayer from Kung Fu Panda 2
- “If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than who you are.” ― Master Shifu
- “Po: Maybe I should just quit and go back to making noodles.
Oogway: Quit, don’t quit? Noodles, don’t noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the “present.”
― Kung Fu Panda
- “There is no secret ingredient”. ― Mr Ping, Po’s father
- “Oogway: There are no accidents.
Shifu: [sighs] Yes, I know. You’ve already said that twice.
Oogway: That was no accident either.
― Kung Fu Panda
- “There are no coincidences in this world.” ― Turtle in Kung Fu Panda
- Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.” ― Kung Fu Panda
- “You are the master of your destiny: No one and nothing can come in between you and your destiny except you. Take destiny by the horns and have fun.” – Kung Fu Panda
- “Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose kung fu skills were the stuff of legend.” –Kung Fu Panda
- “You must believe!” ― The Turtle
- “To make something special you just have to believe it’s special.” – Mr Ping
- “There is just news. There is no good or bad.” – Master Oogway
- “Time is an illusion, there is only the now.” – Master Shifu
- “If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.” ― Master Oogway
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift… that’s why they call it the present” ― Master Oogway
- “Your story may not have such a happy beginning but that does not make you who you are, it is the rest of it – who you choose to be” ― Soothsayer
- “You don’t need to meditate for hours and hours to attain inner peace and enlightenment. You need only see, feel, and act from the heart. Let the heart guide you to your peaceful enlightenment.” – Kung Fu Panda
- “Don’t push past memories deeper inside of yourself. Let those memories breathe and let old wounds heal.” – Kung Fu Panda
- “There are no accidents.” – Master Oogway
- “Once I realized the problem was not you but within me. I found inner peace and was able to harness the flow of the universe.” – Master Shifu
- “Get ready to dance… with danger!” – Panda Mei Mei
- “Before the battle of the fist comes the battle of the mind… then the dramatic entrance” – Master Shifu
- “Your real strength comes from being the best you you can be. Who are you? What are you good at? What makes you, you?” – Kung Fu Panda, Po
- “There is always something more to learn. Even for a master.” – Master Oogway
Kung Fu Panda – Original trailer
If you haven’t seen the movie, here is the trailer for the original Kung Fu Panda. There was also Kung Fu Panda 2, and Kung Fu Panda 3. The original movie was release on June 6, 2008. Po is an enthusiastic, clumsy, large panda…and the biggest fan of kung fu. He is working every day in his family’s noodle shop so can’t live his dream life. As it turns out, he is unexpectedly chosen to fulfill an ancient prophecy and then Po has the chance to turn his dreams into reality when he is able to join the world of kung fu and study along his idols the “Furious Five” (Tigress, Crane, Mantis, Viper and Monkey) under the leadership of their guru, Master Shifu. But of course there is a challenge and the vengeful and treacherous snow leopard Tai Lung is headed their way. Po has the chance to become a leader and help defend everyone from the incoming threat. And the unlikely hero finds that his greatest weaknesses turn out to be his biggest strengths.
We hope these quotes reminded you of the Kung Fu Panda movie and the sequels. They were fun movies for the whole family. Many people went with their kids so they may have missed some of the deeper philosophy in the movie. They are fun and worth watching again!
Image Credit: DreamWorks Animation / Public domain
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.