As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Webster’s dictionary definition of a warrior is a person engaged or experienced in warfare. Or broadly: a person engaged in some struggle or conflict. However, in the modern world most of us, thankfully, are not engaged in physical confrontations where our lives are in peril. Rather, it is in our everyday battles where we must engage with our inner warrior.
For some, it can be the battle with their weight. Or the battle of addiction. For others, it can simply be the struggle to get out of bed.
This is when we must look deep inside ourselves. To push past our feelings of doubt and insecurities, to fight the good fight. And that even if we lose, we will find some victory in what we are attempting to achieve. Because sometimes, the victory is in the effort; in the trying. Sometimes, the victory is in never giving up.
45 Warrior Quotes
- “A farmer is no greater than what he reaps. A fisherman is no greater than what he baits. A sculpture is no greater than what he fashions. A warrior is no greater than what he conquers.” –Matshona Dhliwayo
- “We need to make friends with ourselves. We are stuck with our self all day, so let’s be kinder, gentler, more amusing company. Let’s take our own hand and say, ‘There, there, sister. You’re doing a good job. I’m proud of how you’re handling all this craziness down here. Don’t give up. Carry on, warrior.” Glennon Doyle
- “It is not enough to win a war; it is more important to organize the peace.” Aristotle
- “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” Bruce Lee
- “A lot of people are wary of us because we’re a little offbeat, but deep down they long to be like us. Always remember that court jesters, Bohemian scribblers, and warriors share similar personality traits, for deep down all of us are Warrior-Poets Karl Wiggins
- A warrior is not a person that carries a gun. The biggest war you ever go through is right between your own ears. It’s in your mind. We’re all going through a war in our mind, and we have to callus our minds to fight that war and to win that war.” — David Goggins
- “The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.” –Don Juan Matus
- “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.” –Bob Marley
- “The strength of a warrior is not defined by the wars he wins, but the times he seeks for peace.” –Aniket S Sharma
- “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure… than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” –Theodore Roosevelt
- “The Warrior fights before he’s taught how. He just fights, and if you hit him, he steps forwards towards you” –Karl Wiggins
- “A warrior takes responsibility for his acts, for the most trivial of acts. An average man acts out his thoughts, and never takes responsibility for what he does.” –Carlos Castaneda
- “Hide your weaknesses from your enemies. Play down your strengths.” –Matshona Dhliwayo
- “If you’re a true warrior, competition doesn’t scare you. It makes you better.” –Andrew Whitworth
- “The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy’s not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.” –Sun Tzu
- “You are not supposed to be happy all the time. Life hurts and it’s hard. Not because you’re doing it wrong, but because it hurts for everybody. Don’t avoid the pain. You need it. It’s meant for you. Be still with it, let it come, let it go, let it leave you with the fuel you’ll burn to get your work done on this earth.” –Glennon Doyle
- “You will know the limit of your strength when you fight for what you are afraid to lose. If you know what to be scared of, then you fight harder. Eventually, you learn how to win.” –Mystqx
- “Warriors suffer for their dreams. Cowards pay for their fears.” –Matshona Dhliwayo
- “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” –G.K. Chesterto
- “The weaknesses of a warrior are better than the strengths of a coward.” –Matshona Dhliwayo
- “You have the inspiration of a jester, the soul of a backpacker and the heart of a warrior, and you’ve already done much better than you appreciate. You’re supported more than you realize. You’re in spitting distance now, just around the corner. Each and every one of you is a work of art. Not everyone’s going to accept you, but the ones who do will never forget you. Come on, admit it, you’re not like the others, are you? And that’s not just okay, it’s fucking beautiful! Always remember, when you’re stuck between two planets, the only thing you can do is try something absurd. And you may just hear a river start.” –Karl Wiggins
- “Every battle is lost or won in the arena of the mind.” –Kierra C.T. Banks
- “Don’t give up. Don’t give in. Wake up, release your warrior and tell your demons, ‘Not today! Let’s dance muther f*ckers!’ Keep fighting the good fight.” –Helen Edwards
- “Truth is sacred till it’s revealed; post it becomes an impression.” –Aniket S Sharma
- “A wild animal will fear for your crackers but not a warrior” –P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
- “Maybe instead of slamming the door on pain, I need to throw open the door wide and say, Come in. Sit down with me. And don’t leave until you have taught me what I need to know.” –Glennon Doyle
- “Be a warrior when it comes to delivering on your ambitions. And a saint when it comes to treating people with respect, modeling generosity, and showing up with outright love.” –Robin Sharma
- “A dead warrior is better than a living coward.” –Matshona Dhliwayo
- “It is easy to love your friend, but sometimes the hardest lesson to learn is to love your enemy.” Sun Tzu
- “Most days I get hyped up to be the best version of myself as I can be, while I battle my array of multiple personalities and emotions like a badass warrior playing tennis.” –Helen Edwards
- “Know thy enemy, and then conquer him.” –Matshona Dhliwayo
- “A warrior must cultivate the feeling that he has everything needed for the extravagant journey that is his life. What counts for a warrior is being alive. Life in itself is sufficient, self-explanatory and complete. Therefore, one may say without being presumptuous that the experience of experiences is being alive.” –Don Juan Matus
- “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” –Leo Tolstoy
- “To be a warrior is to learn to be genuine in every moment of your life.” –Chogyam Trungpa
- “A warrior has to believe, otherwise he cannot activate his intent positively.” –Théun Mares
- “There is no greater warrior than a mother protecting her child.” –N. K. Jemisin
- “A Warrior speaks a truth that cuts sharper than winter cold” –Kevin Anytim
- “Warriors train, everyone else works out.” –Lahong Guro Earles
- “Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!” –Pat Riley
- “It is more important to out-think your enemy, than to outfight him” –Sun Tzu
- “The warrior stands, ready to defend, ready to fight for those he serves. He is a warrior of virtue, A knight of conscience. He is who we all wish to be.” –Anthony T. Hincks
- “The warrior who trusts his path doesn’t need to prove the other is wrong.” –Paulo Coelho
- “To open deeply, as genuine spiritual life requires, we need tremendous courage and strength, a kind of warrior spirit.” Jack Kornfield
- “A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love in what he does.” –Dan Millman
- “Do not engage an enemy more powerful than you. And if it is unavoidable and you do have to engage, then make sure you engage it on your terms, not on your enemy’s terms.” –Sun Tzu
If you are experiencing Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, be sure to see our PTSD Quotes.
Warriors Video – The Best Warriors Who Ever Lived
A warrior keeps going and fighting through challenges. They keep moving forward no matter how bad the odds or the challenges. There will be defeats. You can guarantee it. But would you rather live a life hiding behind your fears and never attempting anything, or would you rather be with those brave souls who fight for what they want?
Too many people give up after that first hurdle. If you want to be who you were meant to be, you must stand up and be counted. Take that first step and when you fall; get back up and take another step. Keep going. A warrior never gives up!