44 Inspirational Law Student Quotes That Will Motivate You to be GREAT!
Law Student Quotes To Influence Your Career
The answer is depends. Are you a big fan of Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama, and Abraham Lincoln? If you are, you definitely know that how these famous lawyers influenced the world in a big way.
There is no doubt that to be a lawyer is a noble profession. So why everyone ask ‘why law’ when you want to study law? These law student quotes will help see why you are passionate about law. Check it out.
1. “One of the things I was taught in law school is that I’d never be able to think the same again – that being a lawyer is something that’s part of who I am as an individual now.” – Anita Hill
2. “What do lawyers learn in law school? They learn to win… What we’ve got to start thinking about is how do we solve problems.” – Ben Carson
3. “I chose to go to law school because I thought that someday, somehow, I’d make a difference.” – Christopher Darden
4. “Make no mistake about it: Law school is not a bastion of intellectual discourse.” – Tucker Max
5. “One goal of law – as we learn in law school from the first day of contracts – is to deter bad behavior.” – Marvin Ammori
6. “When I was fresh out of law school, I had a burning desire to do something important, to have an impact in some way, but I didn’t know what it was.” – Jennifer Granholm
7. “I basically applied to law school as a way of telling my parents that I wasn’t going to medical school.” – John Delaney
8. “People send their kids to law school to uphold the rule of law – not to fight in the streets for justice and not to be beaten up.” – Asma Jahangir
9. “When I finished law school, I had a 10-year plan. My plan was to go to a law firm, fall madly in love, have a baby by the time I was 30, make partner, and live happily ever after.” – Valerie Jarrett
10. “There was a small point in my life in law school, right before I moved to Newark, when I didn’t know what I wanted to do, and I felt so lost.” – Cory Booker
11. “I actually went to law school with Jim Comey. We were in the same class, and he was respected by our classmates just like he was respected by the agents that he supervised.” – Amy Klobuchar
12. “The truth is that I’d always wanted to go to law school.” – Elizabeth Wurtzel
13. “If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers.” – Charles Dickens
14. “Make crime pay. Become a lawyer.” – Will Rogers
15. “The power of the lawyer is in the uncertainty of the law.” – Jeremy Bentham
16. “I am a law student in my first year at the law, and there are many moments when I am simply a mess.” – Scott Turow
17. “Law students have taken over Hollywood. To them it’s all about making money. They know people want to see what they’ve seen before. Also, remakes are places to showcase the new stars of tomorrow.” – Tobe Hooper
18. “A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns.” – Mario Puzo
19. “The good lawyer is not the man who has an eye to every side and angle of contingency, and qualifies all his qualifications, but who throws himself on your part so heartily, that he can get you out of a scrape.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “You cannot live without the lawyers, and certainly you cannot die without them.” – Joseph H. Choate
21. “I considered going into business or becoming a lawyer – not for the money, but for the thrill of problem-solving.” – Lisa Randall
22. “Everyone wants to say they hate lawyers, and yet I’ve never met a parent who didn’t want their kid to be a lawyer.” – Jessi Klein
23. “A lawyer is a person who writes a 10,000-word document and calls it a ‘brief’.” – Franz Kafka
24. “A lawyer without books would be like a workman without tools.” – Thomas Jefferson
25. “Lawyers are the foot soldiers of our Constitution.” – Renard Strickland & Frank T. Read
26. “A good lawyer knows the law; a great lawyer knows the judge.” – Unknown
27. “I supposed if you were going to make a career of breaking laws, you might as well know them.” – Richelle Mead
28. “Law school teaches you one thing above all: how to speak while saying absolutely nothing.” – Krysten Ritter
29. “If law school is so hard to get through, how come there are so many lawyers? ” – Calvin Trillin
30. “If you are still in school, do not neglect your grades. Internships and other activities are fine, but when legal employers have to decide who to interview, grades play a big role in determining who makes that cut and who doesn’t.” – Grover Cleveland
31. “We must begin to train lawyers the minute they walk into law school to tell the truth. They must immediately begin to learn the business of representing people. They must be assigned cases the first day.” – Gerry Spence
32. “I went to law school and I became a prosecutor. I took on a specialty that. Wry few people choose to pursue. I prosecuted child abuse and child homicide cases. Cases that were truly gut-wrenching. But standing up for those kids, being their voice for justice was the honor of a lifetime.” – Susana Martinez
33. “I was attracted to law school because I believed it would help me prepare for a career in the real world” – Kenneth Chenault
34. “I got into law school to supplement my business background. I’m not planning to practice law.” – Shannon Miller
35. “I have an affinity for the law. I like looking at the small type on contracts, and if I could have afforded law school, I probably would have.” – Octavia Spencer
36. “Law school’s intent is not to teach you the law. We can look that up. Instead, law school teaches you how to teach yourself – one of the most valuable tools we will ever have.” – Unknown
37. “It is important for law students to have more realistic expectations. Your first job may not be your “dream” job, but if it is going to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to advance towards your ultimate career goals, don’t discount it because it isn’t perfect. I am not suggesting you abandon your goals and accept just any job, but if it can get you started in the direction you want to go, seriously consider taking it.” – Kathleen Brady
38. “In this challenging job market, it is important for law students to gain marketable experience while they are in school. This will not only give them skills and experience but it will start to provide them with professional contacts and references which will be crucial for future job searches.” – Nancy Caver
39. “Law school taught me one thing: how to take two situations that are exactly the same and show how they are different.” – Hart Pomerantz
40. “I learned law so well, the day I graduated I sued the college, won the case, and got my tuition back.” – Fred Allen
41. “But do remember that law degrees don’t always lead to lawyers. Up to 50% of all law graduates enter non-legal careers where your skills are really valued. These are not lesser options. So, work on getting a good degree, find out what you excel at and if you choose a different destination, have the self-confidence to embark on it.” – Birju Kotech
42. “If you are absolutely determined to make a lawyer of yourself, the thing is more than half done already” – Abraham Lincoln
43. “A good lawyer makes you believe the truth but a great lawyer makes you believe in the lie.A lawyer is the doctor of soul, he is the only person who may relax your soul. So, respect the lawyers if you respect your soul.” – Advocate: Bashir Buledi.
44. “Hey, without lawyers, there would be no justice. So, respect them, because you’re going to need one sometime! ” – Unknown
We all follow laws. By studying law, people with a strong sense of justice can make a difference in the world. The courts represent a dynamic professional environment. Also, As a law student, you will have a wide range of career opportunities.
Yes, becoming a lawyer is not easy. It takes hard work, and determination. But Study of the law is one of the most respectable professions.
Moreover, the job also offers a Financial stability and prestige. We hope that the above Law student quotes reminded you why you wanted to become one.