Onika Tanya Maraj, known by her stage name Nicki Minaj, was born 8th December 1982 in St James Trinidad and Tobago. She is a songwriter, singer, actress, and television personality who is famous for her flowing and quick-spoken rap style with often very provocative lyrics.
Nicki Minaj holds the record for having seven simultaneous entries singles into the United States Billboard Hot 100. “Dubbed as queen of rap” by music critics and several media outlets, she became famous through her albums Pink Friday, Pinkprint, and Roman Reloaded. Nicki Minaj has collaborated with several biggest names in the music industry including Lil Wayne, Ariana Grande, Britney Spears David Guetta, and more. She has also appeared in Iconic movies such as The Next Cut, The Other Woman and Barbershop.
Additionally, Nicki Minaj is one of the most influential music artists and also, the best-selling artist of all time. She has sold over 137 million records worldwide. In her career, Minaj has received several honors including 4 times Billboard Music Awards, 6 times American Music Awards, 2 times People’s Choice Awards, 3 times MTV Europe Music Awards, and numerous Grammy nominations. Nicki is renowned for her cordial and flamboyant public image. Below is A collection of famous quotes and sayings from this explicit American artist.
The Best Nicki Minaj Quotes
1. “Dear God, I am only what you made me and I appreciate everything that you gave me, but like, I don’t want to do it any more, sort of lost sight of what I’m doing it for.”– Nicki Minaj
2. “Only one chance one bullet in the gun. This is my life and I only got one, yeah. The safety’s off and I put on her. Oh stick ‘em up, stick ‘em up. Ready to shoot.”– Nicki Minaj
3. “I’m a role model now. I didn’t know I was gonna have 13-year-old fans, so I’ve tried to change A few things here and there. But I also know that the girls don’t want me to be Miley Cyrus, either.”– Nicki Minaj
4. “I vowed that I’d never allow any man to control me or to be an alcoholic or anything like that around me, because I don’t want my children seeing that.”– Nicki Minaj
5. “My rule is, whatever you were calling me four years ago is what you should be calling me now, because I don’t like it when my family or close friends call me Nicki Minaj. To me I’m not Nicki Minaj when I’m with them.”– Nicki Minaj
6. “I want to show little girls that the possibilities are endless. That’s my goal – to not only do it for myself, but to show them I can do whatever I put my mind to.”– Nicki Minaj
7. “I went through a lot of bullying early on. Girls made my life A living hell. We had come to America from A different country. My brother and I had accents. It was very tough.”– Nicki Minaj
8. “When you’re A girl, you have to be everything, You have to be dope at what you do, but you have to be super sweet, and you have to be sexy, and you have to be this and you have to be that and you have to be nice, and you have to – it’s like, I can’t be all of those things at once. I’m A human being.”– Nicki Minaj
9. “I’ve always been intrigued by color and by interesting hair. I was one of those weird little girls doing my own hair at the age of 9. I was, like, getting weird gels and new brushes and cornrow holders. I would tweak and perm at the age of 13.”– Nicki Minaj
Related: The Best Fabulous The Rapper Quotes
10. “You wanna know what scares people? Success. When you don’t make moves and when you don’t climb up the ladder, everybody loves you because you’re not competition.”– Nicki Minaj
11. “My happiness doesn’t come from money or fame. My happiness comes from seeing life without struggle.”– Nicki Minaj
12. “My goal the whole time has been for people to see me as A stand-alone artist. I came out with Young money, the biggest hip-hop label in the world at the time. And then it was, ‘How do I branch away from Lil Wayne?”– Nicki Minaj
13. “I’m very proud of my team, and the way they stood behind me – and I’m very happy to show my female fans in that audience, and even my gay fans in that audience.”– Nicki Minaj
14. “One of the first production deals I signed, the guy wanted my name to be Minaj and I fought him tooth and nail. But he convinced me. I’ve always hated it.”– Nicki Minaj
15. “Refuse to lose, Refuse to be defeated, Refuse to have regrets.”– Nicki Minaj
16. “Only one chance one bullet in the gun. This is my life and I only got one, yeah. The safety’s off and I put on her. Oh stick ‘em up, stick ‘em up. Ready to shoot.”– Nicki Minaj
17. “True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know your are great, you have no need to hate.”– Nicki Minaj
18. “May the Lord protect me as the world gets hectic. My voice projected, my life reflected.”– Nicki Minaj
Related: Snoop Dogg’s Best Quotes
19. “I can always remember standing up to the baddest girls in my elementary school. Wherever I went, there was always A mean girl, and that girl would always hate me because I wouldn’t bow down.”– Nicki Minaj
20. “Defend my honor protect my pride the good advice i always hated but looking back it made me greater .. u make me laugh u make me hoarse from yelling at you and getting at u.”– Nicki Minaj
21. “I am not A girl that can ever be defined. I am not fly, I am levitation..I represent an entire generation!”– Nicki Minaj
22. “I can rap in A London accent, make weird faces, wear spandex, wigs, and black lipstick. I can be more creative than the average male rapper.”– Nicki Minaj
23. “I’m A rapper… Gaga’s A fantastic artist, you know, she paved her way. She’s opened her own lane. But I think that I have my own lane. And we never cross. Ever. So, you know, I really don’t get the comparison anymore. Our music doesn’t sound the same. Our stage presence is not the same. I just can’t see the similarities.”– Nicki Minaj
Related: Mary J Bridge Quotes
24. “The animated bug has bitten pop culture. It makes me feel happy and free. When you don’t act seriously, you can make up your own rules.”– Nicki Minaj
25. “I don’t agree that everyone should agree with everyone’s lifestyle. I think that some people aren’t going to agree, but I think that when you’re mean and when you ridicule people it’s A sign of your own insecurities.”– Nicki Minaj
26. “Female rappers get it the hardest. You have to be A girl, yet you have to be just as hard as the guys. I think some female rappers get scared out of the business before they can make it.”– Nicki Minaj
27. “I’m A multidimensional woman like all women are. The difference is I have the courage to take chances.”– Nicki Minaj
28. “Call me cursed or just call me blessed. If you can’t handle my worst you ain’t getting my best.”– Nicki Minaj
29. “There’s nothing more beautiful than A smile that has struggled through tears.”– Nicki Minaj
30. “I just want women to always feel in control. Because we’re capable, we’re so capable.”– Nicki Minaj
31. “Tell me that you comin’ back and you just took A break. Maybe I blamed you for everything, that was my mistake. In hindsight I loved your rawness and I loved your edge. ‘Cause it was you who talked me down from jumping off the ledge.”– Nicki Minaj
Related: Tyler the Creator’s Best Quotes
32. “I don’t want to let anybody down, I’ve always been the type of person to make everybody happy and get things done. I want everything to be 100% perfect. I do feel it when people hold me to high expectations.”– Nicki Minaj
33. “My goal in the beginning was to buy my mother A house. Now I realize, okay, if I really focus and become A key player in business, then I can build an empire.”– Nicki Minaj
34. “My wigs are ever changing in height, width, color, size. They make me feel happy. Wearing them makes me feel like I can be A different person every day and that is kind of exciting.”– Nicki Minaj
35. “My advice to women in general: Even if you’re doing A nine-to-five job, treat yourself like A boss. Not arrogant, but be sure of what you want – and don’t allow people to run anything for you without your knowledge.”– Nicki Minaj
36. “I don’t mind being called A weirdo. There are A lot of people in hip-hop who are probably never going to get what I do. But, by just being myself, I end up touching A lot more people who might never have paid much attention to A female rapper.”
Related: Nipsy Hussle Quotes
37. “People face difficulties, no matter who you are. I faced difficulties with A lot of things. I face opposition every day, but I didn’t kill myself and now, thank God, I’m here.”– Nicki Minaj
38. “I think sometimes the fashion world isn’t even about clothes anymore; it’s about this ‘in’ crowd, and I’m not into that.”– Nicki Minaj
39. “There’s always gonna be evil people in the world who just do negative stuff.”– Nicki Minaj
40. “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.”– Nicki Minaj
Related: Our Favorite DMX Quotes
Video: Side To Side with Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj
This is one of Nicki’s biggest hits, a collaboration with Ariana Grande. As of this writing, it has been viewed almost 2 BILLION times. Definitely worth a watch right now!
To wrap it up, Nicki Minaj is a legendary artist who is known for her incredible rap music. She has garnered worldwide praise for her songs, her double entendres and her outrageous clothes and outrageous quotes.
Nicki has a huge fan base and she has one of the biggest followings on Instagram and posts a lot of funny, motivational and inspiring things! You can follow her IG here.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.